993 Forum 1995-1998

Listed My 993 for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 09:45 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 507 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stgear
Don't really want to sell it, hence what I think is a very strong asking price. I didn't bother posting a thread asking what my car is worth as I know what it's worth to me in terms of the work and money I've put into it. I am having a big-time 930 itch right now that I want to scratch. If the 993 sells, scratchy scratchy. If not, I'll be very content keeping my car.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post11521800
Back in the day, 1999 to be specific, wifey encouraged me to become a Porsche owner again…so let the quest begin.
1. I looked at a very low mileage SC. My mentor Wayne Baker said…it's an old car, and if you drive it, the premium you paid for the low mileage will be soon eaten up.
2. OK, well how about an 89 930, I found a beautiful example, 282 HP as I recall…Wayne advised, it's a pig around town, old technology, narrow power band so , my quest continued.
3. The last car I looked at, a 1997 Carrera, lots of great options such as M220 LSD, Litronics, Turbo Big Red brakes, fairly low miles for a 2 year old car, 17,000 miles, and 282 HP as well. Of course it has power steering, power brakes, coil overs, working air conditioning, cruise control, power windows and mirrors, you know the drill. I bought this one and never looked back. It's the best car I have ever owned, and preferred over any other so called more modern cars I have looked at: 996, 993 Turbo, 996 Turbo, GT3….they never turned my head away from "Baby"….and I have put 68,000 miles on her in 14 years. I have no intention of ever selling her, trading her in….
Old 07-23-2014, 12:04 AM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FabianS
^ I wonder if matte black would look any good on my 95 guards red...
My car came with them when I purchased it - I wasn't a fan and couldn't wait to get them off - looks good on a black car though (and older 911's)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5307064...in/photostream
Originally Posted by trophy
The matt black wheels look awesome on Guards Red...
I agree!
Old 07-23-2014, 09:13 AM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin S.
Back in the day, 1999 to be specific, wifey encouraged me to become a Porsche owner again…so let the quest begin.
1. I looked at a very low mileage SC. My mentor Wayne Baker said…it's an old car, and if you drive it, the premium you paid for the low mileage will be soon eaten up.
2. OK, well how about an 89 930, I found a beautiful example, 282 HP as I recall…Wayne advised, it's a pig around town, old technology, narrow power band so , my quest continued.
3. The last car I looked at, a 1997 Carrera, lots of great options such as M220 LSD, Litronics, Turbo Big Red brakes, fairly low miles for a 2 year old car, 17,000 miles, and 282 HP as well. Of course it has power steering, power brakes, coil overs, working air conditioning, cruise control, power windows and mirrors, you know the drill. I bought this one and never looked back. It's the best car I have ever owned, and preferred over any other so called more modern cars I have looked at: 996, 993 Turbo, 996 Turbo, GT3….they never turned my head away from "Baby"….and I have put 68,000 miles on her in 14 years. I have no intention of ever selling her, trading her in….
Thanks for posting this, Martin. I'm having some SERIOUS second thoughts. Especially when I look at the pictures. And I drove the car to work yesterday afternoon and just had a blast driving it. I think my main reason for wanting to get back in an older version 911 is that connectedness to the road. I feel like I felt it in my '87 more so than the '95. Something about the steering.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:16 AM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

My car came with them when I purchased it - I wasn't a fan and couldn't wait to get them off - looks good on a black car though (and older 911's)
Agreed, Steve. The red 993 looks too new for the black guards - that's just my eye. I like them on my black car better than the clear guards though. They just look right.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:30 AM
firesm
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agreed, Steve. The red 993 looks too new for the black guards - that's just my eye. I like them on my black car better than the clear guards though. They just look right.
Your car looks awesome! I've been having the same thoughts about selling and getting something older - but then I go for a drive and I just can't do it - maybe someday - just not now...
Old 07-23-2014, 09:49 AM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by firesm
Your car looks awesome! I've been having the same thoughts about selling and getting something older - but then I go for a drive and I just can't do it - maybe someday - just not now...
Thanks!

Plus the 993 community is awesome. Not that the 911 community isn't, but I've made some good friends on this board over the past 2.5 years.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:12 AM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, I have both, an '88 and a '96 C4S. Simply speaking, you have to "work more" at driving a Carrera. Taking a fast hard turn requires a lot of muscle against a steering wheel that wants to go straight. Less horsepower requires more thought before you make your next move. (and don't forget the brakes!) It's called engagement. The C4S gives more options in refined shifting, more power, less effort in handling, and more inclined to be modified to suit the owners' taste. If I had to drive 1k miles on a trip, I would undoubtedly choose the '96 over the '88. The same goes for track use. Autocross would be more fun with the '88. All of course "IMHO"…..
Old 07-24-2014, 09:59 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 388 Likes on 165 Posts

Thanks!

Plus the 993 community is awesome. Not that the 911 community isn't, but I've made some good friends on this board over the past 2.5 years.
Go drive a 930 first then list your car...that is all.

Cams

Quick Reply: Listed My 993 for Sale