Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

New seats!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 10:19 AM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 226 Posts

This is the best combo for 993s. My dream addition somewhere in the future. I would go with cloth though.

How is access to the rear? Could a kid still get in? Could you squeeze some golf clubs back there?

Simply perfect. And with the red seat belts of course.

Was it hard to find your seats?

What was the hardest part of the install?
Old 07-19-2014, 10:22 AM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 226 Posts

Oh and did you go with regular width or wide width? As I recall, there are two versions of seat width for waist. I'm a regular guy, 6ft and approx 180lbs w ok shoulder width. I would tend to go w regular width seats I think.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:28 AM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts

With the seat slide all the way forward, I was able to squeeze into the back seat (I'm 6', 195LB) so yeah a kid could definitely get in the back. Having said that Im guessing you could get a set of clubs back there.

I bought the seats from a rennlister (lopro) but am not sure what size. Didn't realize there were different sizes actually.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:15 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 434 Posts

Must not look at PP threads. Must not look at PP threads. Must not look at PP threads. Must not look at PP threads. Must not look at PP threads.

Love the seats Derek. As to "being hotter", could it be a result of the seats wrapping around you more than stock seats?
Old 07-19-2014, 02:49 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Must not look at PP threads. Must not look at PP threads. Must not look at PP threads. Must not look at PP threads. Must not look at PP threads.
Agree. Getting ready to head back to the WV mountains in a few weeks and these would be so nice to have on the endless curves.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:35 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 434 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
Agree. Getting ready to head back to the WV mountains in a few weeks and these would be so nice to have on the endless curves.
A few weeks is more than enough time to get this sorted PrickleBoy. Although it might take a bit longer if you went for red stitching too. Post pics when you're finished please.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:29 PM
pilotjosh
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ginch
So I finally got and installed the seats I've been wanting for a very long time. Full leather pole positions! Thank you Lopro!

Installation was a bit of a pain in the *** (especially for someone like me that's not the most handy person around), but at the end of the day they are in and functioning perfectly! Took a bit of fiddling around but overall not too hard.

I must say that anyone thinking about upgrading their current seats just needs to get them. They really make you feel at one with the car and are amazingly comfortable. Not sure the wifey loves them yet but I'm sure she will learn to love them.

I just think they look so right in the car!

Derek
Seats look great...
Old 07-19-2014, 04:40 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

A few weeks is more than enough time to get this sorted PrickleBoy. Although it might take a bit longer if you went for red stitching too. Post pics when you're finished please.
I was thinking black with red stitching and alcantara centers for some butt cooling
Old 07-20-2014, 12:23 AM
Warehouse33.net
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow these seats look killer, every time I see them makes me want to get pair for my car to replace the Sparco's.

I have them available if anybody can't resist.
They're $1319.00 each (no brackets) with free shipping in the 48 US States. I have black leather and black leather with white. On the Black/White version I'm only showing 2 in stock.

PM me or email me.

-Jason
Attached Images   
Old 07-20-2014, 01:02 AM
power_up
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent.

Originally Posted by Warehouse33.net
Wow these seats look killer, every time I see them makes me want to get pair for my car to replace the Sparco's.

I have them available if anybody can't resist.
They're $1319.00 each (no brackets) with free shipping in the 48 US States. I have black leather and black leather with white. On the Black/White version I'm only showing 2 in stock.

PM me or email me.

-Jason
Old 07-20-2014, 07:04 PM
GMS03
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they look awesome, are them comfortable too? I really like the way it looks but fix seats...
Old 07-20-2014, 09:07 PM
ginch
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 77 Posts

Super comfortable!
Old 07-21-2014, 12:27 AM
redlightrich
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

They look real nice. Good luck with them. How difficult in getting in and out compared to stock ( if at all).
Also, 70-80 pounds of weight savings is significant if those numbers are correct. Manufacturers will do all manner of engineering to save a pound here and there, so this is a real win in regards to weight.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:59 AM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 380 Posts

Great seats to look at and sit in. PITA to get in/out of. Congrats, Derek. Nicely done.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:13 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Tim, add to that:
Must not sit in friends' cars with PP/EuroGT3 seats!
That's what got me. The first time, I knew it was good and avoided sitting in them again for about 2 years... Then, I did it again. And my fate was sealed. IF you think they look great....wait until you sit.

If you AX/DE, this is a huge difference. And for those of you with spouses that you think might not like them, they are a bit harder to get in/out of but my 70+ year old Mom has done it, AND I've had a female passenger tell me "Its like I'm getting a hug sitting in these seats!" They are actually very comfortable. They do require more effort to get in/out. You're already driving a 993, so you aren't in it for ultimate comfort and ease of use, are you... The weight savings is tremendous....off the top of my head, factory is mid 60s lbs/each, and these are something like 25/each (from memory, YMMV).

Quick Reply: New seats!!!