Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

PCA PARADE @ Monterey, CA 2014 PICTURE THREAD - GT2, RS, etc.: largest Parade ever!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 01:25 AM
Rey Gunn
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This last pic = the money shot!
Old 06-19-2014, 01:32 AM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 55 Posts

[QUOTE=curve lover;11450893]Aaron-- Awesome. That you I saw you in a Boxster Spyder?

Yup that was me!
Old 06-19-2014, 01:52 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Aaron ^^ Dag I could have told you in person I've noticed your pics before & definitely dig 'em. I want to be you when (if) I grow up

Your dad was totally tubular to pull up his 356 to complete a patriotic Speedster pic - red, white, & blue
Originally Posted by LvnTheDrm

Jager-- Look forward to seeing you at some point this week!
Brian-- You'll be missed the rest of the week, but no doubt you made the most of your time while you were here. Drive safe on your way home & have fun.

It rocked seeing you again plus spending time with you & your son today & Monday
Originally Posted by LvnTheDrm

You apparently missed another low-riding 993 ("AIRKWLD" NV plate) parked in first space in front of Conference Building (registration)
Saw it, LUVed it, photographed it during registration. Enjoy:

Old 06-19-2014, 01:54 AM
TwinTurbo959
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Some 356's:

Interesting contrast: Silver 356 with a roll bar and humps next to a Silver Carrera GT with similar styling..... according to the owner's wife, the owner designed and built this special item years before the Carrera GT was released to the public:

We had a great time meeting everyone there! Unfortunately, after the concours we were just too tired to go around and look at all the cars.... we did manage to see some cool older 911's... i'll post some pictures later (tomorrow).

-Ben
Old 06-19-2014, 01:59 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Rey Gunn

This last pic = the money shot!
Rey-- If you liked this one, here are similar shots for hungry eyes:

Old 06-19-2014, 02:08 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo959

Interesting contrast: Silver 356 with a roll bar and humps next to a Silver Carrera GT with similar styling
Great composition, Ben
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo959

according to the wife, the owner designed and built this years before the Carrera GT
Yes, I bet that's true - IIRC, I saw that years ago.

See you on the twisties tomorrow
Originally Posted by curve lover
Old 06-19-2014, 02:19 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Halcyon's black C2S ... a beauty. LUV your rims & Flamenco Red interior, Vince

Old 06-19-2014, 02:21 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TONY AIR C2S

thanks for sharing.
More to come, I think I've only posted Monday & Tuesday's pics ... & only some of those - woah!

Old 06-19-2014, 03:24 AM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The 356 speedster with the racing humps was probably one of my favorites in the crowd.

As a shameless plug, here is my sister's boyfriend's blog post about his visit on Saturday to the Porsche Parade parking lot with my family and I to scope out the scene. He know's next to nothing about Porsches, but he has a good eye and a great camera. Check it out here: http://jonathanstockhus.com/blog/201...-ca-june-2014/

Old 06-19-2014, 12:30 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by race911
Great to see friends, new and old. .......
Agreed! I didn't see half these cars .. as usual I was overly focused on cleaning, judges and people leaning in to the car to get a better look at the interior and not noticing that their jacket zippers, long necklaces, packs, purses with all those sharp metal barbs and edges are now being pressed into the paint on the doors ... note to self: 'try to stay calm, be nice but firm .. and smile ... just smile ...' however, from the several hundred I did get to drool on later in the afternoon, these two were my favorites by FAR. The rarest car on the field ... unrestored 'survivor' condition 1951 Meissen Blau (like the famous china pattern) .. which is an amazing vintage color .. bought new from Hoffman NYC by a California buyer. This would have been one of the early production vehicles to be built in Stuttgart at the old Reutter plant that Porsche bought and moved to in mid 1950 from Austria. The best example I've ever seen .. better than the ones at the factory Museum ... and of course, I got NO pictures ... so I had to steal this one from an earlier post:

and .... the other one I would have stolen if I thought I could get away with it another Meissen Blau only an early 'A' .. 4-cam Carrera Speedster. Holy Samolians!! I'd sell my grandmother for this car ... if she was still here .. (sorry grandma :P) again, no pics of my own .. .. and thanks to the photographer for posting this beauty for my archives:

Very nice meeting Ben and his lovely wife .. they were like teenagers at the prom, just giddy-happy to be there showing their just finished 993 Speedster. What a wonderful way to tell your wife you love her! Congrats Ben, you're a class act!
Old 06-19-2014, 01:16 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPP
Agreed! I didn't see half these cars .. as usual I was overly focused on cleaning, judges and people leaning in to the car to get a better look at the interior and not noticing that their jacket zippers, long necklaces, packs, purses with all those sharp metal barbs and edges are now being pressed into the paint on the doors ... note to self: 'try to stay calm, be nice but firm .. and smile ... just smile ...' however, from the several hundred I did get to drool on later in the afternoon, these two were my favorites by FAR. The rarest car on the field ... unrestored 'survivor' condition 1951 Meissen Blau (like the famous china pattern) .. which is an amazing vintage color .. bought new from Hoffman NYC by a California buyer. This would have been one of the early production vehicles to be built in Stuttgart at the old Reutter plant that Porsche bought and moved to in mid 1950 from Austria. The best example I've ever seen .. better than the ones at the factory Museum ... and of course, I got NO pictures ... so I had to steal this one from an earlier post:

and .... the other one I would have stolen if I thought I could get away with it another Meissen Blau only an early 'A' .. 4-cam Carrera Speedster. Holy Samolians!! I'd sell my grandmother for this car ... if she was still here .. (sorry grandma :P) again, no pics of my own .. .. and thanks to the photographer for posting this beauty for my archives:

Very nice meeting Ben and his lovely wife .. they were like teenagers at the prom, just giddy-happy to be there showing their just finished 993 Speedster. What a wonderful way to tell your wife you love her! Congrats Ben, you're a class act!
Meissen blue is a very light shade of baby blue, lighter than gulf blue. I am not sure the exact color code on those cars but it's more of an aquamarine. I will try to look up the color.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:17 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mile2424
Meissen blue is a very light shade of baby blue, lighter than gulf blue. I am not sure the exact color code on those cars but it's more of an aquamarine. I will try to look up the color.
Yes, I wondered about that when I saw the name on the cards. When I look it up, I can't find the '51 color chart, but I can find '56/57 and they call it Aquamarine and in late '57 they added Aquamarine Metallic .. so there's two versions of the same color.
Old 06-19-2014, 02:30 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Ok, got it. 1951 color is Azure Blue ... slightly lighter shade than Aquamarine ... Oslo Blue is also very close to Aquarmarine and started being offered on the 356 B in 1960.

Here's Azure again ... on either another '51 coupe or most likely the same car:
Old 06-19-2014, 02:31 PM
DrPhil Gandini
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Ben (TwinTurbo959) your photos are excellent! You handle your 7D very well, and I love the images.
Great work.
Old 06-19-2014, 03:16 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPP
Ok, got it. 1951 color is Azure Blue ... slightly lighter shade than Aquamarine ... Oslo Blue is also very close to Aquarmarine and started being offered on the 356 B in 1960.

Here's Azure again ... on either another '51 coupe or most likely the same car:
Sorry don't think that's Azure either. Azure is a non metallic Navy with a little gray in it. There was a PTS Boxster Spyder in Azure.

Quick Reply: PCA PARADE @ Monterey, CA 2014 PICTURE THREAD - GT2, RS, etc.: largest Parade ever!!!