Sponsored by:

Where To Obtain Readable 993 Wiring Diagrams

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 02:14 PM
SkiDan
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where To Obtain Readable 993 Wiring Diagrams

As many of you will know, fine details on the wiring diagrams in the PDF version of the 993 shop manual are very difficult to read.

Is there a source from which to legally obtain a clear set of the wiring schematics short of purchasing the full set of hard copy manuals?
Old 03-23-2014, 04:19 PM
trophy
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The new Bentley manuals for the 993's have very good diagrams, and the book is only $170 or so....

Is there anything in particular you are after? I may be able to help...
Old 03-23-2014, 04:34 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

The printed WSM's are worth their weight in gold, IMO.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:43 PM
SkiDan
Instructor

Originally Posted by trophy
The new Bentley manuals for the 993's have very good diagrams, and the book is only $170 or so....

Is there anything in particular you are after? I may be able to help...
Stephen,

Thank you for the suggestion. Bentley manual would be an affordable option if the schematics are good.

I am trying to research the wiring requirements for the factory daytime running lights (DRL) installation using the R63 relay and associated relay board.

While the two-spade jumper mod currently does the job in my US spec C2, I thought I would take on a project to pursue a more elegant solution.

While I profess no expertise is this area, if successful I would be happy to share my findings with Rennlist..
Old 03-23-2014, 05:00 PM
SkiDan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
The printed WSM's are worth their weight in gold, IMO.
Ed,

While I would prefer to own a set of the printed WSMs, I could probably make do with the PDF manual augmented with a set of legible wiring diagrams.

My search of this forum has revealed that the need for legible wiring diagrams has arisen fairly often in the past and is frequently addressed on an ad hoc basis by generous Rennlisters who share their diagrams off line via PM because of copyright concerns. I was hoping that as a forum, we might be able to find a comprehensive, legal solution to the wiring diagram requirement.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:03 PM
BesideTheBox
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiDan
As many of you will know, fine details on the wiring diagrams in the PDF version of the 993 shop manual are very difficult to read.

Is there a source from which to legally obtain a clear set of the wiring schematics short of purchasing the full set of hard copy manuals?
SkiDan,
I feel your pain. Watched Ebay for a set of WSMs, but couldn't find something that I felt was reasonably priced.
I ordered the Bentley today, basically for the wiring diagrams. I'm sure there will be other benefits of having a
printed and bound manual in addition to the freely available (and poorly scanned) electronic PDF version of
the 993 WSM.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:29 PM
SkiDan
Instructor

[
Originally Posted by BesideTheBox
SkiDan,
I feel your pain. Watched Ebay for a set of WSMs, but couldn't find something that I felt was reasonably priced.
I ordered the Bentley today, basically for the wiring diagrams. I'm sure there will be other benefits of having a
printed and bound manual in addition to the freely available (and poorly scanned) electronic PDF version of
the 993 WSM.
BesideTheBox,

I might well do the same. That said, my local library has on-line access to Alldata automotive repair manuals so I will give that a try tomorrow to see if it meets the need..
Old 03-23-2014, 11:43 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Ed,

While I would prefer to own a set of the printed WSMs, I could probably make do with the PDF manual augmented with a set of legible wiring diagrams.

My search of this forum has revealed that the need for legible wiring diagrams has arisen fairly often in the past and is frequently addressed on an ad hoc basis by generous Rennlisters who share their diagrams off line via PM because of copyright concerns. I was hoping that as a forum, we might be able to find a comprehensive, legal solution to the wiring diagram requirement.
I understand. The Bentley is probably the best bet-although I've not really spent any time poking around the wiring diagrams in mine and comparing to
wsm.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:04 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 489 Posts

Wait till you hit my age.

Dan, be it the PDF version floating around on the web or the actual paper versions or the Bentley manual, they can be hard to read because they are all B&W and on small sheets packed with too much info.

I did find a place locally that had a flat-bed scanner large enough to scan my Porsche factory schematics (11.75" x 23") at high-res so that I could have them printed on say 24 x 36 inch paper. One day!
Old 03-24-2014, 07:12 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Several years ago before I had the pdf schematics, I purchased a brief subscription for like $20 to allparts or alldata or whatever it's called. They had all the wiring schematics, and I assume they still do.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:29 PM
SkiDan
Instructor

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
Several years ago before I had the pdf schematics, I purchased a brief subscription for like $20 to allparts or alldata or whatever it's called. They had all the wiring schematics, and I assume they still do.
TheOtherEric,

Thank you for the suggestion. I discovered that my local library has access to this service so I am going to check it out.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:05 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Are these what you are looking for? I've got all 15 or 16 pages. Can I just get them copied at a blueprint place?
Name:  16B2516C-652A-4BCF-B713-AFF493F1C6AC_zpsdszeibta.jpg
Views: 1263
Size:  84.9 KB
Old 03-25-2014, 01:04 AM
SkiDan
Instructor

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
Are these what you are looking for? I've got all 15 or 16 pages. Can I just get them copied at a blueprint place?
Falcondrivr

Thank you for the offer. I have sent you a PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:16 AM
SkiDan
Instructor

My requirement for legible wiring diagrams has been met thanks to the generous offers of support that I received from a number of Rennlisters in a variety of countries.

Membership in Rennlist has added immeasurably to my enjoyment of the 993 ownership experience. Thanks to you all for sharing your passion.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:00 PM
CarcentricB
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi fellow members,
I'm also in need of readable 993 wiring diagrams. Any chance you could send a copy to me?
Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Where To Obtain Readable 993 Wiring Diagrams