993 GT2 EVO build thread "Winter project 2014"

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 03:05 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Juha,

Looking great. The doors look like really nice pieces. I might have to source a set and figure out how to get them over here (he doesn't ship from europe).

What kind of support does your front splitter have? Looks thin, doesn't appear from the pics that it gets tied into the trunk floor at all. Might deflect in the middle....
Thanks Matt!

Hans will ship overseas if you pay everything up front. He has had some trouble earlier with people ordering stuff and not paying or something like that.
Just send him an e-mail and tell him you are a friend of mine and I said he'd ship overseas.
His products are excellent quality and fit! And the best part is the prices are very good. The doors are only 850eur/each...I think FVD has these for 4k /each.

The front splitter is bolted onto the bumper (came that way) and the bumper bottom is really thick/rigid. The bumper bottom is bolted up to the chassis. It is very strong and rigid construction! I'll post up some detail photos later.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:16 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Thx Juha. The fit & finish looks good, especially the oil cooler ducts. Just was interested in how strong the splitter component was. Sounds like it's as good as everything else he makes!

I'll be in Switzerland and Austria early March if you're around....
Old 01-30-2015, 03:18 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Thx Juha. The fit & finish looks good, especially the oil cooler ducts. Just was interested in how strong the splitter component was. Sounds like it's as good as everything else he makes!

I'll be in Switzerland and Austria early March if you're around....
We'll be in Utah 25.2. - 5.3. hunting for powder!:thumb up:

Hans is a few km off the Austrian border in South Germany. Depending on where you are going to be in Austria, perhaps you could visit him?
Old 01-30-2015, 03:22 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

I had my Porsche fix today... drove the 997 out of the garage and washed it...

The following users liked this post:
Anders (05-15-2021)
Old 01-31-2015, 12:36 PM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Juha G
Correct! and thanks!

My lil girl has fever so I took the day off to care for her. Of course we had run some errands and I had to stop by to look at the project. It is going quite well:

We're going to use "aerocatch" latches on the bonnet and the tail base. They are going transverse as in the photo but closer to the front of the bonnet (and of course two more in the back part of the bonnet).

Looks really good!
Old 01-31-2015, 03:34 PM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 233 Posts

Old 01-31-2015, 07:24 PM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whoa... Awesome quality pieces, the fit looks awesome.

I had my doubts about white, but even in the primer coat that car looks pretty sweet.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

I think the car will look good in white. But expect to see some wild livery on it.

One idea I have been fooling around with is cladding it with Jägermeister orange with the Jägermeister text changed to JÄVELMEISTER. It's sort of an inside joke; I write by screen name Finnjavel (=Swedish for Finnish devil/bastard) on another forum.

The other idea is to have a Finnish flag and the Porsche logo blended on the entire car. The car will make it's racing debut on 6.6. at Ahvenisto during the 10 year anniversary race of the Porsche Racing Club of Finland.

I suck at photoshop but something like this:

I'm open to all ideas with regards to the livery. But I'm quite sure I don't want make it a replica of an actual GT2 race car.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Getting there with fitting the body parts...the side skirts were a pain to fit. They're not perfect but good enough for a race car.

We measured the chassis btw, it was 1980mm at the widest point (rear flares).

Location for latches marked; it's dremel time!:

Old 02-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good! About where mine was a few months ago. Lower rockers on mine had to be cut in a few spots to fit up correctly.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:14 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Juha & Spartan,

Are you guys happy with fit and finish of the doors? Just about to pull the trigger.

Thx,
Matt
Old 02-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Juha & Spartan,

Are you guys happy with fit and finish of the doors? Just about to pull the trigger.

Thx,
Matt
They need some work. Probably as much as a getty door but I suppose that should be expected. My expectations for final fitment are probably way higher than most though! The interior door handle he sends is hard to reach in an emergency and you must extend the stock cable to get it to work with the stock mechanisms. I'm thinking of making something that is easier to grab in an emergency such as a big strap. There is enough meat to install the stock mirrors and not have them flex too much. I told him I would run the stock mirrors so he might have put more material on there when he built them. His door windows are kickass so do yourself a favor and order those up from him.

Also be careful with shipping. In order to get him to ship to the USA I had to schedule and do everything myself (via ups) including all customs clearance. He won't want to do anything and I mean anything. He has been burned in the past an hates shipping outside of europe. Ended up costing me a small fortune and even though I paid all freight charges upfront though UPS he still go some random bills from customs over there after the fact and had to wire a more and more euros! pita. The things we do for car parts :P
Old 02-07-2015, 06:56 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Matt, just what Josh said; the doors need work to fit. Mine took 3hrs/door from a professional body guy. But they are good doors!

We put the suspension back on and the car on it's wheels. I also assembled and fitted the 380mm front brakes and played with spacers to find correct wheel specs.

Big reds vs. really big reds:

Old 02-07-2015, 07:08 PM
ThomasC2
Drifting

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Wow!!

Thomas
Old 02-07-2015, 07:23 PM
k722070
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts

that is a huge amount of wheel spacers.
how much extra stress is on the wheel bearing using that method?

Quick Reply: 993 GT2 EVO build thread "Winter project 2014"