Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

CR210 Gets Bluetooth/iPhone Integration

Old 01-06-2014, 11:29 AM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

I think the Tranzit Blu devices connect either via the antenna, which works on just about any radio, or via the Becker CD plug on radios that have it. The "BLU-BKR Bluetooth Audio Streaming Kit for select Becker Radios" that I'm trying to find a new home for is the latter.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:19 PM
Monkey Brain
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I'm an idiot about most things, and this is one of them.

I'm pleased that this is possible because I do want to keep everything as original as possible. With that being said, What do I have to do and buy to accomplish the following:
  • Use smartphone and Bluetooth to stream (at least) music. Hands free calls are a bonus since I'd have my hands full of steering wheel and shifter.
  • Cut, splice, hammer, nail nothing if at all possible.
  • Have no visible wires or cables.

Just give me streaming content without the scars or visible signs of how it was done.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:22 PM
jlivingood
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Monkey Brain
Ok. I'm an idiot about most things, and this is one of them.

I'm pleased that this is possible because I do want to keep everything as original as possible. With that being said, What do I have to do and buy to accomplish the following
See the first post in the thread - those are the step by step directions. If you want to do hands-free calling as well, consider this unit instead: http://www.isimplesolutions.com/TranzItBLUHF/
Old 01-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Rialas
Instructor

If you want just Bluetooth music streaming, I would avoid anything that uses the fm transmission.
That'll be your weakest link and will not sound great.

A bluetooth receiver into the aux in will be far superior.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:32 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 503 Likes on 186 Posts

I purchased the Tranzit BLU HF - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/isimple-...&skuId=6449751

But have since decided to go in a different direction. I'll sell it for $100 shipped if anyone's interested.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-2014, 04:48 PM
csmarx
Instructor

Originally Posted by quietcoolone
Hi,
As far as i can tell the ISFM2351 connection is similar to what jlivingood did with the isfm22. You need an FM modulator antenna kit like this or similar
Once you have the antenna adapters you should be able to make that connection to the radios ISO antenna terminals.

While your at it, buy the pah-1784 power harness for power and ground connection without cutting or splicing the factory wires.
After long consideration of the alternative options, I'm about to have the ISFM2351 TranzIt Blu HF installed in my car. My biggest concern is the power connection. Does anyone know if the PAH-1784 power harness will work in my '06 Cayenne S with PCM 2.1? (And in my '07 GT3 also with PCM 2.1?) Also can anyone tell me if doing it with this harness - or some other way - makes it possible for the ISFM2351 to power on when the radio is powered on - which can be done withouth the key in the ignition? Or is it only possible for the unit to power on when the ignition is on?

The latter question refers to the fact that I can sit in my car without the key in the ignition, and push the radio on. I can also arrive at my destination, turn the car off, leaving the key in the ignition, and the radio still plays. It this case it turns off automatically when I pull the key out. I'd love the ISFM2351 to follow the radio in this way, so I can finish a conversation after turning the car off. Otherwise I may have to install a separate toggle switch to power the unit, which is a pain, is ugly, and I might forget to turn it off....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

-Christian
Old 01-28-2014, 04:54 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

You need an AUX input in the PCM 2.1 which Porsche did not supply from the factory. You need a Dension, NavTV, Cartronics, or Mobridge unit to connect to the fiber optic port on the back of the PCM.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:04 PM
csmarx
Instructor

Originally Posted by ilko
You need an AUX input in the PCM 2.1 which Porsche did not supply from the factory. You need a Dension, NavTV, Cartronics, or Mobridge unit to connect to the fiber optic port on the back of the PCM.
My understanding of the ISFM2351 unit is that it can EITHER work through an aux port OR through FM modulation when connected inline with the FM antenna cable on the PCM. I'm planning on the latter.

Thanks,
-Christian
Old 01-28-2014, 05:15 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

It would if your radio had the Motorola style AM/FM antenna. The one in the PCM is a FAKRA style. Apples and oranges in other words
Old 01-28-2014, 05:30 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Did a little search and this popped up: http://www.discountcarstereo.com/BAA2223.html

Not sure if you could use it but I suppose it's an option...
Old 01-28-2014, 06:32 PM
csmarx
Instructor

Originally Posted by ilko
Did a little search and this popped up: http://www.discountcarstereo.com/BAA2223.html

Not sure if you could use it but I suppose it's an option...
I'm pretty sure that is exactly what's needed.

It also appears that the PAH-1784 while technically compatible with the PCM 2.1 will only give you constant unswitched power. It won't give you power that is either ignition switched or switched on by the radio. Guess my installer will just have to find a separate ignition controlled power source.

Thanks,
-Christian
Old 01-28-2014, 07:02 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

On that adapter I think the red wire is for constant power and the yellow one is for switched power. So you should be OK!

Let us know how the install went.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:28 AM
rick3000
4th Gear

Quick question for everyone that has installed the TranzIt BLU HF, does it display the song playing on the radio display? If it does do you know if it works over only FM, AUX, or both?

The reason I ask, is Pedro over on Pedro's Garage has rebranded this exact device as TechnoTooth, and claims that it will display the song name on the CD/CDR-210 and CDR220. However, I have seen no mention of this functionality anywhere else.

If anyone can confirm, I will most certainly be purchasing one for my CDR220

Thanks!

(First post on Rennlist, normally over on 986forum and RennTech)
Old 02-14-2014, 09:55 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

You can display song info only if you have it hooked up through the radio antenna. It uses the RDS feature on the radio. However the sound quality is not as good as it would be through the AUX port on your CDR-220.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:02 AM
Jediwizzo
1st Gear

Has anyone installed the BLU-BKR235 http://www.discountcarstereo.com/BLU-BKR235.html on a porsche CDR-30?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CR210 Gets Bluetooth/iPhone Integration