993 Forum 1995-1998

It's good to be the king...

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 11:49 AM
s2racer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a couple of questions about the interior. What phone holder is that, and how/where have you mounted it? Also, what is the display on top of the tunnel that appears to be plugged into the cig lighter?

I love the look you've got. At some point I'll go with the duck.

Marc
Old 11-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,003 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by s2racer
I have a couple of questions about the interior. What phone holder is that, and how/where have you mounted it? Also, what is the display on top of the tunnel that appears to be plugged into the cig lighter?

I love the look you've got. At some point I'll go with the duck.

Marc
The phone holder is a basic cradle that clips onto an HVAC vent. I didn't want anything on the windshield, but the one I have is too flimsy for my preference and I am going to get another one with a suction cup and will mount it on the aluminum dash trim instead.

Re: the gauge, it is a temp gauge that I bought off of Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Car-Au...5f3778&vxp=mtr). It is a dual readout for interior and exterior temps, and also measures battery voltage. It is powered by a battery and/or cig lighter. I am not an electrician but plan on re-wiring the power to an accessory wire in the car so that I don't need the cig lighter anymore. I mounted the external temp sensor in the external fresh-air vent below the windshield.

Old 01-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Gville993
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just read the whole thread. Very pretty car and great work on the interior! I'm working on various projects with my new (to me) 993 and your progress is inspiring!
Old 01-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

More updates and photos to come: BBS LMs installed, turbo ducts, new suspension, recovered steering wheel, and ultra suede on the door panels and rear quarter panels. I'm in the process of moving so it's gonna be a few weeks before I can get my **** together. Stay tuned.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:50 PM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

Your car is looking great! I had a blast working on my interior and changing it - the seat conversion to GT3 seats is one of my favorite mods.

Where did you pick up the sticker for your front valence? I really like it!
Old 01-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1stgear
Your car is looking great! I had a blast working on my interior and changing it - the seat conversion to GT3 seats is one of my favorite mods.

Where did you pick up the sticker for your front valence? I really like it!
I got my vinyl stickers from an Ebay seller in Europe. They are made for all-weather/auto applications. They have a white border around the pegasus, FYI. If you want no border, get them from Sierra Madre Collection: http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/

They are high-quality stickers. Good luck!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:25 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, you hit that slippery slope running! Like the retro alloy finish dash plates, where did you find them?
Old 01-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1pcarnut
Well, you hit that slippery slope running! Like the retro alloy finish dash plates, where did you find them?
The aluminum trim came with the car when I bought it. I don't know who makes it or where you can source it, but it is a high-quality kit with real aluminum. There's almost too much for my liking. Unfortunately, the adhesive that was used for installation makes it difficult to remove (previous owner tried) so it is there to stay, for good or bad.
Old 01-02-2014, 04:43 PM
1pcarnut
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, thanks.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:51 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

After a long wait, I finally received my refinished 3-spoke from Carsdream.com. I shipped it out middle of December and just received it today. My order was for perforated leather on the sides, red centering stripe, red stitching, and thickened rim. Overall, it looks fantastic and feels brand new. Highly recommend this treatment for any worn/used 3-spoke, especially if your leather is plasticky. My only mistake was in shipping. I declared true value for the wheel rather than keeping it under $40 to avoid customs charges on the receiving end in Poland. That was a $180 mistake on my part which basically doubled the cost for me. Other than that, I couldn't be happier. Apologies for the poor cell phone pics. The afternoon lighting was bad in my garage. I will get a proper photoshoot of the rig this spring when the weather gets nicer.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:13 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

much fun with it!

mit freundlichen Grüßen
Old 02-20-2014, 10:18 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Here's a recent pic with the LMs and turbo ducts installed. Next step is to install the Bilsteins and M030 springs I have sitting in storage. Looking to get her dialed in before driving season starts again.

Last edited by Busta Rib; 03-02-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:33 PM
phoneyman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wheel looks great. It looks very similar to what I imagine my perfect wheel would look like. Two questions:
1) Do you have plans to color match the airbag to the perforated leather?
2) Is the TDC red stripe a little askew or is that the pic?

Thanks.
Old 02-20-2014, 11:03 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by phoneyman
The wheel looks great. It looks very similar to what I imagine my perfect wheel would look like. Two questions:
1) Do you have plans to color match the airbag to the perforated leather?
2) Is the TDC red stripe a little askew or is that the pic?

Thanks.
I am keeping the airbag as-is. I don't mind the look. Contrast is more noticeable in photos. TDC stripe is true. It looks wonky in the photo due to the angle and curve of the wheel.

Re: the LMs, if I ever decide to get adventurous, I will roll the rear fenders and then reverse mount the centers. It provides a deeper lip but also decreases the offset by approx 13-14mm and pushes the wheel outboard. The front fenders can accommodate the reduced offset but not the rears. I tried reverse mounting and unfortunately they rubbed in the rear. Wheel sizes are 18X8 et52 and 18X10 et65 I believe, but not certain.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:20 AM
Dirk1370
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually like the contrast now that you have swapped the back seats to black. I wouldn't dye anything. I would paint the sport shell backs Carrera White though. Very pretty car!

Quick Reply: It's good to be the king...