Pandora/Bluetooth solution

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 02:22 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Pandora/Bluetooth solution

I just installed the Tranzit Bluetooth adapter, and it works a treat! For Becker head units with an AUX feature, a new cable from the back of the head unit to the Tranzit adapter is used. On other head units, the adapter can be linked via the antenna input.

I installed the adapter in the center console, inside the little access door on the right side near the front (this is where the blinker relay is hidden on some 993s). Just remove the two screws and slide the carpeted door downward to remove. Inside is plenty of room for the adapter, and easy access to switched 12V positive from the sunroof switch, as well as handy ground. Button it all back up and it is totally hidden.

Now when I want to hear Pandora or any music I have downloaded to my iPhone, I just start play, check that AUX is selected, and the music begins!

NOTE: This adapter won't work for the phone functions, just for streaming music...

Here is the link I bought the adapter from:
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/BLU-BKR.html
Old 09-08-2013, 05:28 PM
NYC993
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Is there reason for not getting a new head unit with full bluetooth capability (stream and talk).

Or if you want to splurge, there are head units compatible with Pandora app via iphone cable so your phone is being charged and you get control of Pandora from the headunit. This latter cost a bit more than a bluetooth adapter tho.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:43 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 504 Likes on 186 Posts

Nice!! ONE question: is the sound in Stereo?

Is there reason for not getting a new head unit with full bluetooth capability (stream and talk).
Yes, aftermarket radios don't look right. CR/CDR-220 do and were part of the Tequipment catalog for 993s, so technically they are period correct.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:14 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yes, the sound is in stereo.

I didn't replace the head unit because I like the looks of the old one (Becker/Harmon-Kardon TrafficPro), and it actually has excellent performance specs--much better than my old ears need.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Bola964
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BobbyT,
Can you post pics, pls?
Have the same TrafficPro, and would like to stream.
Does your cable also charge the iphone?
tks.
Old 09-08-2013, 06:57 PM
BobbyT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hi Bola964,

There are pictures of the device at this link:

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/BLU-BKR.html

And complete installation instructions here:

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/pdf/blu-bkr.pdf

This unit doesn't provide a charging cable for the iPhone. You could use a cigarette lighter charger, or the vendor may have a charging cable option. For my use, I don't need in-car charging. I never leave my iPhone in the car, and never drive my Porsche for so long at a stretch that my phone would need recharging.

Quick Reply: Pandora/Bluetooth solution