Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

C2S FS

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts

We should be THANKING the dealers for picking up the low mile cars, sorting them out then putting a premium on them. Without that service, our cars would never get the private sale money that they do.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:05 PM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Fixed it for you ...

Originally Posted by Academictech
We should be THANKING the dealers for picking up the low mile cars, misrepresenting them and then putting a premium on them.
Without that service, our cars would never get the private sale money that they do.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:38 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
Listing a C2S on eBay with no mention of an accident so I figured I'd warn you guys here. Whether they failed to perform their due diligence or are doing it intentionally is unknown.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-...item3a820805d1

VIN#: WP0AA299XVS322509

This car has been in a parking lot fender bender which is not mentioned in the auction...

Here's the original eBay ad from the original owner who also failed to disclose the damage until I spoke with his mechanic -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carre...orcev4exp=true
destaccado, thx for the heads'up. This car is now on Pelican as well. Same ad copy. "36,400 original miles. Just as it came from the factory..." Just noticed that replies are not allowed in f/s threads over there, any longer. Hmm. That may explain why Eric is online currently over there, and not replying here..........
Old 06-17-2013, 12:47 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
It's the lack of transparency and deception coupled with an outrageous price that raises eyebrows I think.
Nicely summed-up.
Old 06-17-2013, 02:12 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Anything that is bought or sold, the onus lies in the hands of the would be purchaser to do their due diligence. It's their money that they need to protect as no one else will do it for them. A seller will have any number of motivation to get something sold and descriptions of items are so very subjective! There are many Rennlisters throughout the area that could make a physical check of a vehicle in question if need.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Holytin
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 96PCarrera993mg
One more thing, did you forget to take your ZOLOFT today?
Maybe this applies to all those that got carried away in this...???
Old 06-18-2013, 03:04 PM
Sterling911
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! I heard about this so decided I would look for myself.
I think a lot of people have missed the Entire point here. Desticado called on the same car Eric Sheets had the ***** to buy without hesitation. Eric Sheets response to him was professional and instead of calling as he offered Desticado decides to take it upon himself to smear this guys name??? What a sniveling little Bitch you are. I was warned that this board started with a great bunch of enthusiasts and has since been populated with a bunch of bitchers that do not even own Porsches and have nothing better to do than sit around and start girl fights. Too bad as I can see by some of the responses that there are a lot of knowledgable owners here. If I were them I would start cleaning house. Makes everyone on here look bad to have a bunch of bush league whiners armed with a few details from the internet crying wolf all the time who have no real Porsche experience.
No I am not a regular here, Yes I do own a Porsche and Yes I have met Eric Sheets and seen the quality of cars he has. Without dealers to sort them out who would have the nerve to buy one?? Not Desticado that's for sure.
Oh and if anyones 1 owner low mileage pristine car gets a scrape in a parking lot I would be happy to buy it for 10k less than market value from those of you who seem to think it devalues it that much
To the people who left negative comments based on a BS story and never having met Eric Sheets go outside, drive your Porsche, get a girlfriend LOL There have to be better things to do than jump on a bandwagon with such obvious flaws.
IMHO of course, Going to drive my car!
Sterling
Old 06-18-2013, 03:14 PM
eeterp
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 06-18-2013, 03:16 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sterling911
Wow! I heard about this so decided I would look for myself.
I think a lot of people have missed the Entire point here. Desticado called on the same car Eric Sheets had the ***** to buy without hesitation. Eric Sheets response to him was professional and instead of calling as he offered Desticado decides to take it upon himself to smear this guys name??? What a sniveling little Bitch you are. I was warned that this board started with a great bunch of enthusiasts and has since been populated with a bunch of bitchers that do not even own Porsches and have nothing better to do than sit around and start girl fights. Too bad as I can see by some of the responses that there are a lot of knowledgable owners here. If I were them I would start cleaning house. Makes everyone on here look bad to have a bunch of bush league whiners armed with a few details from the internet crying wolf all the time who have no real Porsche experience.
No I am not a regular here, Yes I do own a Porsche and Yes I have met Eric Sheets and seen the quality of cars he has. Without dealers to sort them out who would have the nerve to buy one?? Not Desticado that's for sure.
Oh and if anyones 1 owner low mileage pristine car gets a scrape in a parking lot I would be happy to buy it for 10k less than market value from those of you who seem to think it devalues it that much
To the people who left negative comments based on a BS story and never having met Eric Sheets go outside, drive your Porsche, get a girlfriend LOL There have to be better things to do than jump on a bandwagon with such obvious flaws.
IMHO of course, Going to drive my car!
Sterling

When I saw this pop on my email notification I wanted to quote this, just because. And before it disappears. No further comment, mainly because I'm not sure where I'd start............
Old 06-18-2013, 03:19 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Sterling you have a PM.
I suggest you follow my instructions before posting again.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Sterling911
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got your PM, Thank you and my apoligies for the language. I guess I should insult and smear people in a friendly way from now on like the thread itself does. That seems fair
Old 06-18-2013, 03:36 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Apology accepted. Thank you.

I don't expect you to know the difference between RL and the rest of the automotive sites out there, but, I sent you an email picturing the outline nevertheless.

Best,

John
Old 06-18-2013, 04:38 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

In the light of some new information that I received from Mr. Sheets, specifically paint meter findings ("all within the factory's range") , a better description of the damage on the car, "scratch or a scuff not sure what I would call it on the underside of the bumper", I will edit the thread's title to something neutral.

He also told me that he bought it "in under 20 minutes from the original owner".

Assuming that the information received from Mr. Sheets is accurate, this isn't a damaged car in my book.

This is one of the reasons that Rennlist is a great community. We do maintain an open forum without censorship but, at the same time, take responsibility for our actions.

Best to all,

John

Last edited by 911SLOW; 06-18-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: rephrased
Old 06-18-2013, 05:17 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Like, sterling as in pristine?

Last edited by goofballdeluxe; 06-18-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:23 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
\
I don't expect you to know the difference between RL and the rest of the automotive sites out there, but, I sent you an email picturing the outline nevertheless.
Can you send me the JPEG?

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
In the light of some new information that I received from Mr. Sheets, specifically paint meter findings ("all within the factory's range") , a better description of the damage on the car, "scratch or a scuff not sure what I would call it on the underside of the bumper", I will edit the thread's title to something neutral.

He also told me that he bought it "in under 20 minutes from the original owner".

Assuming that the information received from Mr. Sheets is accurate, this isn't a damaged car in my book.

This is one of the reasons that Rennlist is a great community. We do maintain an open forum without censorship but, at the same time, take responsibility for our actions.

Best to all,

John
I meant to respond to this thread this weekend to discuss the possibility that Eric Sheets had used a paint gauge meter on the fender, assuming that the work had been done well enough to remove all of the existing paint so that all of the paint fell into factory specs. However, I got busy with other stuff and didn't have time. After reading ripoffreport.com, the BBB and Rennlist (https://rennlist.com/forums/west-us-...in-oregon.html), the latter of the two which may be related, I'm not so sure about Eric Sheets. FYI, there's a thread on Pelican that, frankly, I have not had the time to fully read. Eric Sheets has said that the paint "is all within the factory's range", but is there any impartial proof of that claim other than an assertion?

I'm all for objectivity and fairness in all of life, including Rennlist, but I now think the jury is out on this one. My $0.02.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. How many people here have had issues with Darin Fister/Mark DiPietro, Steve Weiner, Gert, et al.? Wonder why the issues with them are so scarce?

Quick Reply: C2S FS