Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Porsche 993 Turbo S full detailed factory specs & difference with Turbo

Old 03-20-2013, 02:44 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 119 Posts

oshkosh, good pictures.
Your chassis , as in the documents, is 100% RS type , your struts are bilstein same as on original RS, and your tie rod is RS type, so your uprights as well.
All you have in the pictures is original, strut brace base is original, your chassis by the paint marks show that is was never touched from new. I will send you the docs in german as soon as I get them on my next trip.
congrats.

Last edited by geolab; 03-20-2013 at 04:00 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:20 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
the camber plate and the top screw, which doesn't ring a bell.
This is standard Porsche 993 RS strut top
Old 03-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by geolab
This is standard Porsche 993 RS strut top
Thanks. I imagine so. Just not something you see too often in the US and I don't think it came to the US spec Turbo S cars. The other parts (wheel carrier with altered steering arm, etc.) are all pretty common "upgrades" from the parts bin. I just realized the strut brace was removed because the Turbo S front carpet had a neatly stitched hole cut for the strut brace which appeared to be have been hand done and a little different on every car I've seen. Some tidy, some rather oversized, etc.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:42 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

both left and right reinforcements of the strut domes. (collage showing where they are on Turbo S)
(993 photo courtesy of boulderbobo)
Attached Images    

Last edited by geolab; 03-27-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:42 PM
oshkosh99
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geolab,
thanks, have to look out for these reinforcements from below next time I have it up on the lift. Now its at Porsche and then at a body shop to pull out two minor dents in the doors .
Any feedback from the factory in France as to my pics of those rims?

And as to the cutouts in the front carpet for the strutbrace (which obviously had to be removed to get the carpet out), I would call that a "brutal 1 inch cut with a box cutter", good idea though to have that tidied up a bit...

Best regards
Oshkosh
Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by oshkosh99
Geolab,

Any feedback from the factory in France as to my pics of those rims?
Best regards
Oshkosh
No feedback, and I called today, secretary said the guy will call me back, no call
I got you the documents you wanted from factory, will send them tomorrow

time to be a member now, don't you think ?

best regards
Old 10-28-2013, 12:02 AM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I read all the tech info. Thanks!!

I'm quoting only this because seems my 993tt to be a model for lead fuel countries as I have the 150 option (CAT) but no 02 sensors fitted with the X50 430CV power package. My car has the k24 turbos fitted ( I suspect the previous/first owner fitted these later) as the car got all the Turbo S aero stuff/oil cooler, etc from factory but I would like to know what should be the correct DME P/N for 450HP "kit" only? And not the whole kit.
My understanding is that I would require oxigen sensors as well to retro fit it because the Turbo S got them from factory for all the countries including those with lead fuel?

Also, do I understand well, if those kits does bring a "S" emblem or badge to be installed on the back/wing next to "Turbo" or elsewhere?

Any info, very much appreciated.

and the mill could run on leaded fuel

Last edited by DiegoR; 12-26-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:32 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DiegoR
I read all the tech info. Thanks!!

I'm quoting only this because seems my 993tt to be a model for lead fuel countries as I have the 150 option (CAT) but no 02 sensors fitted with the X50 430CV power package. My car has the k24 turbos fitted ( I suspect the previous/first owner fitted these later) as the car got all the Turbo S aero stuff/oil cooler, etc from factory but I would like to know what should be the correct DME P/N for 450HP "kit" only? And not the whole kit.
My understanding is that I would require oxigen sensors as well to retro fit it because the Turbo S got them from factory for all the countries including those with lead fuel?

Also, do I understand well, if those kits does bring a "S" emblem or badge to be installed on the back/wing next to "Turbo" or elsewhere?

Any info, very much appreciated.
iF you have the X50 WLSI kit, you should have the 993.618.681.85 DME
For the Turbo S WLSII 450hp, you should have the 993.618.689.85 DME and add the two Oxygen sensors
The S or SN are to be added in the porsche identification of the car in the Porsche database computer system, and engraved on engine after Type, not by a letter on car.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:40 AM
C4S993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LA DIST has a Turbo S tail and they want tad over 3k$, problem is the rear tail-script walked away. LA DIST claims the dealer can sell a factory 993 Turbo S script for under $200. They want $28k for the S engine and another 9k$ for it's box.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:53 AM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 223 Likes on 183 Posts

Turbo S decal is under $100
Old 10-28-2013, 06:58 PM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

iF you have the X50 WLSI kit, you should have the 993.618.681.85 DME
For the Turbo S WLSII 450hp, you should have the 993.618.689.85 DME and add the two Oxygen sensors
The S or SN are to be added in the porsche identification of the car in the Porsche database computer system, and engraved on engine after Type, not by a letter on car.
Hi Geolab, thanks for the reply.

What stand for WLSI ?

I have this DME in my car from factory (or that is what I guess, fitted from factory)

Thanks,

Last edited by DiegoR; 10-28-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:31 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

What stand for WLSI ?

I have this DME in my car from factory (or that is what I guess, fitted from factory)
Werksleistungssteigerung or WLS if translated into one word is "Performance"

WLS1 is performance kit 1 for 430hp and WLS2 is performance kit 450hp

As per picture, you have a Turbo S dme.
As per TSB, you should install the two oxygen sensors for better engine management
regards - george
Old 10-29-2013, 10:52 AM
DiegoR
Burning Brakes

Werksleistungssteigerung or WLS if translated into one word is "Performance"

WLS1 is performance kit 1 for 430hp and WLS2 is performance kit 450hp

As per picture, you have a Turbo S dme.
As per TSB, you should install the two oxygen sensors for better engine management
regards - george
Hi George,

this sounds good. Before buying the car, I did a quick PPI and the OEM Porshce scanner pulled few codes and all were regarding 02 sensors heater, short gorund etc. My car doens't have them, just CAT, so that was like what's wrong? My car, being a euro model, doesn't have the CHECK ENGINE light as well (perhaps French cars are the same back in the 80's and 90's ?) So I don't have CEL in my dash (yes, not burn or remvoed bulb, it doesn't have CHECK ENGINE light).

Well, I'm going to order the missing 02 sensors then as per suggest/TSB.

Left back of the turbine wheel of the turbo looks to be more leaner than the right side bank though.

Thanks,
Old 10-29-2013, 12:41 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Hi George,

this sounds good. Before buying the car, I did a quick PPI and the OEM Porshce scanner pulled few codes and all were regarding 02 sensors heater, short gorund etc. My car doens't have them, just CAT, so that was like what's wrong? My car, being a euro model, doesn't have the CHECK ENGINE light as well (perhaps French cars are the same back in the 80's and 90's ?) So I don't have CEL in my dash (yes, not burn or remvoed bulb, it doesn't have CHECK ENGINE light).

Well, I'm going to order the missing 02 sensors then as per suggest/TSB.

Left back of the turbine wheel of the turbo looks to be more leaner than the right side bank though.

Thanks,
If you put the O2 sensors, I am sure you will have progress.
You have to disconnect battery before, and put the sensors on nearest plugs to engine, not the far ones, there are four holes and plugs.
Your Turbo S DME is OBDII and has the CEL signal, so you HAVE check engine light. At night, put a flashlight at dash oil pressure temp gauge, you will see the CHECK light
Bulb fried or removed, put one.
After re-connecting battery, you have to drive the car a little bit for the readiness codes.
If it is cheap, do an error clearing at the dealer after.
Maybe the factory installed the K24's, and not the previous owner
Go down on your hands and knees in front of front bumper and check inside black grill up, if you have the auxiliary small oil cooler, under driver side headlight.
look at page 1 in this thread, you will see where it mounts.
You realized your car has the 450hp DME, cool no ?
Old 10-29-2013, 02:02 PM
geolab
Rennlist Member

If we have Check engine Light = " Why with only two oxygen sensors, there will be no fault error ? "

In the 993 Turbo with unleaded fuel, there are
two O2 sensors before catalytic for Control
two O2 sensors after catalytic for Diagnose

you will be placing two diagnosis O2 sensors only for leaded option M150
In the absence of control O2 sensors, the temperature rise delta between the two O2 sensors before/ after catalytic, would not be calculated, thus no error

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche 993 Turbo S full detailed factory specs & difference with Turbo