993 Forum 1995-1998

95 carrera brake bleeding questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 01:50 PM
oily95cab
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 carrera brake bleeding questions

I know this subject has probably been covered a lot, so please forgive and bear with me. I've just changed my front pads and rotors and am ready to bleed/flush the brake system. I understand the pro motive pressure bleeder is the way to go and have read that the vacuum type bleeders are to be avoided,but I just happen to have the Griots vacuum type bleeder. Has anyone had good results with this?
Do these cars have brake pressure compensting valve? I have the car up on jack stands. Will I have to block up the rear wheels to be able to bleed the rear calipers? Thanks for any help on this and thanks for the 993 forum and Rennlist in general
Old 02-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by oily95cab
I know this subject has probably been covered a lot, so please forgive and bear with me. I've just changed my front pads and rotors and am ready to bleed/flush the brake system. I understand the pro motive pressure bleeder is the way to go and have read that the vacuum type bleeders are to be avoided,but I just happen to have the Griots vacuum type bleeder. Has anyone had good results with this?
Do these cars have brake pressure compensting valve? I have the car up on jack stands. Will I have to block up the rear wheels to be able to bleed the rear calipers? Thanks for any help on this and thanks for the 993 forum and Rennlist in general
If you get a ggod seal at the nipple a vacuum bleed is ok, the danger is a poor seal and back flow of air in to the system,

Some people can get their hands in to bleed both sides of the caliper from the back w/o pulling a wheel. I can't so always pull all the wheels.

A pressure bleeder is cheap and is the surest way to get it right

don't forget to do the clutch at the same time

yes there is either 1 or 2 p/v's on the rear circuit depending on which option your car has but they do not affect bleeding procedures
Old 02-23-2013, 02:34 PM
oily95cab
Intermediate

Thanks for there'll Bill. Is there any good way tell if you have avoid seal or any hints as how to achieve this?
Old 02-23-2013, 02:37 PM
oily95cab
Intermediate

Wow! That came out weird. What I meant to say was.thanks for the reply and is there ways to get s good seal.

Quick Reply: 95 carrera brake bleeding questions