Porsche Motorsports purchases ANDIAL

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 06:41 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by curve lover

ANDIAL is obviously proud of working with Jochen & I'm sure they are both proud of RLer 993C4RS (Chad)'s work, too
Originally Posted by 993C4RS

Thanks for the shout out Curve Lover!!
Anytime, Chad
Originally Posted by GTgears

Dieter was rebuilding Jeff Zwart's 356 gearbox. At least one is still kicking...
Yep! Recent shot of them:

Old 09-07-2015, 08:56 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Good to see... the heart of my 993 is ANDIAL and its a mighty strong engine. Just the parts used to built it were 13k 14 years ago! Quality work these guys did and I'm thankful I own a piece of ANDIAL history. Now if I can find that elusive license plate frame LOL
Old 09-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Default I have a tiny piece of ANDIAL

A 993 RS flywheel....supposedly semi-lightened but it looks like a standard 993 RS to my present day "wrench". That was my shop of choice back in the day. I'd drive up from Sam Diego, drop off the car, pick up am Enterprise Rental car, go to the plant in Brea, and reverse the process in the PM.

Pete Wetzel (RIP) was the service writer...that guy was incredible.

Kevin Kelly was my guy there. He was very thorough...he now works at Porsche Motorsports. Dwain Dement, proprietor of Vision Motorsports was a wrench there as well. Never met him at that point in time...have since met him, know him for some 10+ years. His guys build some incredible cars.
Old 09-08-2015, 08:33 AM
Krokodil
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Former ANDIAL engine builder Sean Butler is still building engines, now working for Vision Motorsports in Laguna Hills.

Cheers,
Old 09-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile Let's Pimp Vision Motorsports

Vision's paint man, Chris Hukill is over the top good. Talk about obsession to detail. He painted Krokodil's Cayman race car that you see in his Avatar. He just painted my car.....it's back to looking new again...this was a bumper covers off, glass out, door handles and mirrors off paint job.

Pete the ANDIAL parts guy was good too. I am certain he has landed on his feet. And another mention for Pete Wetzel, the Service Writer/Advisor. That guy was exceptional.

And finally, Vasek Polak was mentioned above...I often drive by the old dealership location on PC Highway in Manhattan Beach. I just think that pace should be a "shrine". I never new about Vasek Polack back in the day...wasn't in South Bay at all. Sure wished I had seen that place in its glory days. No business seems to have thrived there since the dealership closed down.

Quick Reply: Porsche Motorsports purchases ANDIAL