Group Purchase on Atlas Scissor Lift

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 03:22 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Swed
This is how i did!
Beautiful work! So typical of the way things are done on that side of the pond...only the best.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

If they have a branch office in the state you live in, it seems to be they legally have to charge you sales tax, if you live in a state with such a tax-no matter where it ships from. Unless I'm missing something.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:34 PM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

DAMN!!!! You guys sure are making me look like a freaking amature. Once again the Swedes knock it out of the park, beautiful!!!!

First I am going to smooth out the upright edges with concrete when it warms up a tad over the weekend or next week.

I was then going to put 2" x 2" x 1/8" thick stainless corner guard angles cut at 45 degrees around the 4 sides over the concrete edge and have a buddy weld them at the corners. It was going to be drilled and beveled and screwed into the concrete with flat head screws. I was then going to put wood or composite 3/4" x 6" on end around the inside edge to have the 3/4" thick Plywood Sheet (to cover the hole when not in use) rest on. The plywood would double as a work table / bench if needed.

If you guys have any suggestions for trimming out the hole I'm all ears.
Old 01-26-2013, 01:39 PM
Mr Swed
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Guys! But look at the size of garage that we are allowed to build it’s like one of your closets :-)

"coreseller
I would put stainless corner guard, if you weld the corners I don’t see the need to screw it into the concrete. The idea to use it as a work table/bench is what I do.
Old 01-26-2013, 05:05 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I thought about doing that with mine a few years ago but figured if i sold the house having a garage floor with a big low spot in it would not be a very good selling point.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:02 PM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimq
I thought about doing that with mine a few years ago but figured if i sold the house having a garage floor with a big low spot in it would not be a very good selling point.
I had similar concerns, several people told me to just fill it in if the potential buyer has no interest (then you could take it with you). I'm looking at the concrete bill for filling the hole to the point it is now which is much less than what it would take to fill whats left; $316.00.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:56 AM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Will be completing concrete work this week and ordering the lift in 3 to 4 weeks. Anyone else interested shoot me an email.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:18 PM
M. Requin
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

First, thanks for cross-posting the group buy in the 928 forum, it lead me to your posts here and the discussion of recessing the lift into the floor. I am planning to do this with mine this spring, and have been gathering info for the last 6 months on ideas about how to do it. FWIW, I got my BendPak scissors lift last fall, and I think it is one the best ideas yet. Even with a front engine/transaxle configuration this thing makes shop work a real pleasure. Please post more pics as you make progress!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:23 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M. Requin
First, thanks for cross-posting the group buy in the 928 forum, it lead me to your posts here and the discussion of recessing the lift into the floor. I am planning to do this with mine this spring, and have been gathering info for the last 6 months on ideas about how to do it. FWIW, I got my BendPak scissors lift last fall, and I think it is one the best ideas yet. Even with a front engine/transaxle configuration this thing makes shop work a real pleasure. Please post more pics as you make progress!
I used my BP on my old 928 several times-even changing exhaust. The only thing that may've been an issue would have been removing the torque tube.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:22 PM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Will be purchasing this first week of March. Have a few interested parties but no one has committed yet. Let me know via email if seriously considering.......Mark.

Last edited by coreseller; 02-09-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:58 AM
jhg41977
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are the differences between the Atlas and Bendpak?
Old 02-09-2013, 09:25 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by jhg41977
Not much as far as the structure is concerned. They are all welded up in China; so is the MaxJax.

In an e-mail to the manufacturer of my lift, I asked where all the components are sourced.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jhg41977
Things such as the number of, and quality of the height stops, pads, etc differed between BP and HF, so often there may be quality differences.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:39 PM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Things such as the number of, and quality of the height stops, pads, etc differed between BP and HF, so often there may be quality differences.
Harbor Freight has a similar unit that I looked into, the dang thing was on special a few weeks back for around $900 bucks, and that was BEFORE the 20% off coupon which they allowed lol. It came off special on their website within a day of it going on. I looked into it a bit out of curiosity (I'm pretty much tied to the Atlas since my recess is sized to accommodate it) and ran over the specs. The HF unit is actually a foot longer than the Atlas in length, both had twin hydraulic cylinders, nevertheless it's shipping weight was 150 lbs. less. Not to knock HF, their items have their place in the tool world, I too have some of their stuff in my garage. I just don't want to be laying underneath 2 tons of metal being held up by them. My 2 cents.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by coreseller
Harbor Freight has a similar unit that I looked into, the dang thing was on special a few weeks back for around $900 bucks, and that was BEFORE the 20% off coupon which they allowed lol. It came off special on their website within a day of it going on. I looked into it a bit out of curiosity (I'm pretty much tied to the Atlas since my recess is sized to accommodate it) and ran over the specs. The HF unit is actually a foot longer than the Atlas in length, both had twin hydraulic cylinders, nevertheless it's shipping weight was 150 lbs. less. Not to knock HF, their items have their place in the tool world, I too have some of their stuff in my garage. I just don't want to be laying underneath 2 tons of metal being held up by them. My 2 cents.
That was my point-lots come out of China, but that doesn't mean all are the same. I don't know how Atlas compares to BP.

Quick Reply: Group Purchase on Atlas Scissor Lift