Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

SF Bay Area Clear bra installer recommendations

Old 10-24-2012, 03:39 PM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SF Bay Area Clear bra installer recommendations

I'm considering having a clear bra installed on my car and am looking for recommendations for reputable installers in the SF Bay Area. The two I've currently got quotes from are Premier in Fremont and Force Field in San Jose. I know Premier has an excellent reputation, but I've heard good things from the Ferrari community about Greg at Force Field as well and his quote was considerably lower than Premier's. Does anyone have first hand experience with a Force Field install on their 993 and care to share an opinion on the quality of their work? Any other installers in the area worth considering?
Old 10-24-2012, 06:47 PM
SSTAR
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can recommend Premier or CS Specialties (gentleman named Mariano). CS is mobile. I have had great work done by both but they use a different product. Premier uses a film they call their own (not sure if that is true, likely not) and CS uses 3M.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:31 PM
TONY AIR C2S
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Premier is great, not cheap, but no horror stories. I have seen a lot of crap work out there. Do your homework and good luck.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:54 PM
dnmnm
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I used Clear Armour out of San Carlos on my GT2. The car was new then, so they actually went to Carlsen Porsche who happened to have a car in the showroom to create a template. Then they came out and did the install at my house. Excellent job - they would be my first choice.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:49 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sure clear armour is out of biz

I used premier and omega werks in pleasanton. Omega werks is great, priced much better and offers a personal touch. Their yelp says it all. Tell Vincent the orange Lambo guy sent you. Book ahead as they can be backlogged.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:35 AM
bravo20
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work at a body shop the Bay area and we've used Greg to complete several clear bra installations,cars from Accords to Porsches,even the odd Motor Home. He is very meticulas,and reasonable even when he knows the Insurance Company is paying for the install.He also uses top quality material that doesn't discolor.
Although I can't comment on 993 install,he has completed a install on my 1986,complete Hood,Mirrors,Fender and Bumper,Very happy.All cars have certain patterns,but he is able to customise if you require it.
I will be having him do my 993,after completing some mods,washer delete,bumperette delete etc. But that is several weeks away.
Hope my input helps.
Rgds
David
Old 10-27-2012, 01:19 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

goto premier.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SF Bay Area Clear bra installer recommendations