jago
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

schweet. best of luck.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:35 AM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car. Congratulations! Enjoy it with your family.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:50 AM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Geez bro, when I opened this post, it instantly reminded me of the day the car showed up at my house about 5 months ago. I think my son was more excited than me (my daughter not as much, but she's warming up to it). My beautiful wife said the same thing to me..."if it's something you want, I want you to have it." I'm so excited for you to be able to build a stronger bond and create awesome memories between you and your son with the Cab. I know that's happened with me. My son absolutely loves the car and is always asking me for rides. I'll let him shift for me and he thinks that's about the greatest thing in the world. We'll take a 25 minute joyride and the grin on is face is priceless. He enjoys helping me clean it and takes alot of pride in his work. He can recite the shifting procedure and he can recite some Porsche history. We love going to local Cars & Coffee events together. You guys have all of these experiences to look forward to...it's pretty great.

My wish is to pass the car to him someday, along with all of those memories we've created together. I hope you are able to do the same.

Enjoy, beautiful car!

Here's a shot of both kids in the car at a local PCA event. Be sure to join your local PCA chapter and find out where the C&Cs are and take the whole family, it's good clean fun! Oh, and scare up some spare change and pop for a Rennlist membership, well worth it!
Attached Images  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:01 PM
Zed.
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 131 Posts

As others have said, these dreams unite family, especially your kids, around common loves with dad and social events. Im a lot older than you but my 20 year old son still stays close. Its not hard to compete for other interests when there's a common Porsche bond. In fact, he is here now to install the turbo S ducts that he painted for me. Another mod to add to the list that others wont be shy in fortifying.
Youve got the perfect car for your local Fall Color Tour with the PCA or other car crowd. Just turn up the heat. :0
Enjoy it!
Old 09-29-2012, 02:04 PM
J4yDubs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone!

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Long time coming is right! 8 years and only 30 posts? You sure were patient. And quiet! LOL!
I've lurked for even longer. It's strange, and completely misplaced, but I've always felt weird posting here without actually owning a 993.

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
wheels and stance look very nice...now all you gotta have is the right sound track. Might I suggest Fister Stage lll's, or Stage ll's if you like it a bit more mello.
I love the sound right now. I'm sure the mod bug will hit though.

Originally Posted by Dryfly57
Great wheels and stance. Need to do that to mine as well. Can you pm me and tell me what suspension mods she has? All the best.
The previous owner didn't lower it and didn't even think it had been lowered. I was starting to think I was wrong and that it was stock, but when I saw it in person, it sure looked lowered to me. So there are some mods on her that are unknown and I'm going to have to dig in and find out. The previous owner kept all his records, but there's sparse documentation (except for maintenance stamps) before him.

Originally Posted by VA993Dreamer
I think my son was more excited than me (my daughter not as much, but she's warming up to it).
That's exactly the same here. When we got home with it, my daughter ran next door to play with friends. My son was glued to the car. That picture was his first ride and he's been asking to go out again.

Here's a shot of both kids in the car at a local PCA event. Be sure to join your local PCA chapter and find out where the C&Cs are and take the whole family, it's good clean fun!
That's awesome. I will be joining the PCA for sure.

John
Old 09-29-2012, 02:41 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Just a head's up John, JMHO, but you'll not want to drive the car without the boot cover on. The headliner will flap around at speed and wear prematurely and the sun will start to damage it over time. Not sure if the car came with a boot cover, but if not, you can source one from World Upholstery and Trim or Autos International. Spend the money for an OEM (around $700) one made of Stayfast material (the U.S. version of the OEM German canvas) vs. getting a cheap knock off ($around $250), it's worth the extra dough.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:52 PM
MM993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the Cab club! The car looks great and the stance is perfect. I also echo VA993 Dreamer about a cover made by World, I'm very happy with the one I got from them.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:23 PM
J4yDubs
Instructor

Just a head's up John, JMHO, but you'll not want to drive the car without the boot cover on. The headliner will flap around at speed and wear prematurely and the sun will start to damage it over time.
Roger that. It did come with a cover and I will use it. We just took a quick 5 minute drive through the neighborhood before it got dark.

It's sitting in the driveway right now with the boot cover on. I've got some chores to do (close the pool), but I'm planning on taking a drive when I need a breather.

John
Old 09-29-2012, 03:33 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

If you are planning on going extended periods with the top down, I'd suggest putting a towel, esp. microfiber, over the window as you close it so it doesn't rub on itself. At a minimum keep a microfiber and a quick detail bottle with you and spritz it before lowering. The little bit of dust gets it over time.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:37 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by J4yDubs
Roger that. It did come with a cover and I will use it. We just took a quick 5 minute drive through the neighborhood before it got dark.

It's sitting in the driveway right now with the boot cover on. I've got some chores to do (close the pool), but I'm planning on taking a drive when I need a breather.

John
Excellent! There's $700 you can now put towards a SSK/Goldenrod upgrade....maybe a 3-spoke wheel...perhaps Walrod bushings...Fister Stage IIs/IIIs...man this slope is slippery
Old 09-29-2012, 03:48 PM
doc_porsche
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Warms my heart
Old 09-29-2012, 03:52 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 444 Likes on 269 Posts

Beautiful looking cab. Congrats my friend.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:53 PM
RJT
Lifetime Member

Received 311 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by J4yDubs
I know that this thread will be useless without pictures, so here's a couple my wife snapped. I haven't had a chance to take "good" pictures yet.

I think those are GREAT pictures. Just look at your smiles!!! That says it all.

Congrats and enjoy it!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:49 PM
wunderbar
Intermediate

Congrats , nice car and love those wheels !!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Congrats and welcome!

+1 on RL membership, now that you are an owner-best value in Pcar land.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Woho, I got my 993 Cab!