Sponsored by:

Radar Detector What is the best choice for Europe

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 10:10 PM
serval
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Radar Detector What is the best choice for Europe

Quick question for our European members; what is your radar detector of choice?

I know that some of the brands (like passport and v1) allows for differetn bandwidhts settings but I have no direct experience
Old 04-01-2012, 12:33 AM
Zeichen 282
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by serval
Quick question for our European members; what is your radar detector of choice?

I know that some of the brands (like passport and v1) allows for differetn bandwidhts settings but I have no direct experience
I know that the V1 has a mode that allows KU band Radar detection (a frequency that is not used in the US). However, from personal experience I know that speed enforcement in many European countries is not mostly by Radar and Laser as is the case in the US (no experience in Canada).

European police use mobile Laser much more frequently to the point where mobile radar has completely disappeared in some countries (Germany for one). Induction detection for fixed traps and mobile multiple light beam barriers that are set up perpendicular to the road are also prevalent (the latter being the high-tech equivalent of the cop here in the US timing your speed between two marks with his stopwatch).

As you know Laser is very hard to beat with the help of a detector, and in most of Europe if you are pulled over your detector will be confiscated and destroyed as they are illegal in many places.

For all these reasons I don't think detectors matter as much over there than they do here and I have personally stopped taking my V1 to Europe - it's just not worth it IMHO. I admit it's easy for me as I spend most of my time over there in Germany...

Quick Reply: Radar Detector What is the best choice for Europe