Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Only Walrod bushings

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 08:43 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 93 Posts

I did the Walrod bushings at the same time as my PSS10's. They're inexpensive and something to do while you're in there anyway. Very happy with the result.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Do your suspension now. Go out & enjoy it. Then after you can do the bushings, & pay for the labor & wheel alignment again. Let us know if you feel a difference.

Just do them, they are cheap, & only take a couple of hours. I also feel if you got more then 80kmi on the car you might as well do new ball joints as well.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Neil Perry
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Alex,
I purchased my Elephant Bushes from FD Motorsports.

Thanks,
Old 02-12-2012, 09:00 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 644 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkD
No one has ever reported noise...
Mark, no one reported tire rub either on the recent thread. Yet we now know it does occur.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:03 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Neil Perry
Hi Alex,
I purchased my Elephant Bushes from FD Motorsports.

Thanks,
I'll shop around...I know there is some Scottish in me some where.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:13 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IXLR8
Mark, no one reported tire rub either on the recent thread. Yet we now know it does occur.
I love your selective logic Alex

many have had tire rubbing issues... Search and ye shall find. It never was a secret...

when you want those Elephant bushings, just let us know!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:15 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MarkD
when you want those Elephant bushings, just let us know!
No thanks!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:18 PM
MarkD
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No thanks!
really?

well, I for one am shocked

I still love ya
have a good night
Old 02-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Ok, we get it. You want to keep your car stock. Nothing wrong with that, for sure. I just don't know why you feel the need to take the thinly veiled jabs at items like the Walrod bushings. There is so much evidence of many happy customers that don't have any issues and don't need to do constant maintenance. Why not give it a rest?

Neil, what did they look like from a physical quality point of view?

Did you install them? If so, how did they press in...easily?

As for the sport hardness, I take it only more road vibration makes it to the car.

These are often overlooked and I'm glad there is a supplier of OEM/stock style bushings. Maintenance-free just like the ones that came on the car originally.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:54 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Ok, we get it. You want to keep your car stock. Nothing wrong with that, for sure. I just don't know why you feel the need to take the thinly veiled jabs at items like the Walrod bushings. There is so much evidence of many happy customers that don't have any issues and don't need to do constant maintenance. Why not give it a rest?
Ed, its a discussion forum. And the recommendations are sometimes if not often, one sided. Nothing like the other side of the coin, if not, that would make this forum quite useless.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:01 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

I've had Chris' bushings in my car for a while. There's no maintenance at all. They work. They're bushings. I installed them myself and I'm an idiot. I think Porsche wasn't really worried about the torn bushings being replaceable so they just vulcanized that crap rubber to the arm. Just like Steve Wiener's polybronze valve guides, Chris' bushings are an obvious improvement over a dumb design.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:10 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Ed, its a discussion forum. And the recommendations are sometimes if not often, one sided. Nothing like the other side of the coin, if not, that would make this forum quite useless.
It certainly is, it is just that your side of the discussion seems to have some kind of axe to grind, for some reason. There is a reason there are so many positive comments about the Walrod parts.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:16 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gonzilla
I think Porsche was really worried about the torn bushings being replaceable so they just vulcanized that crap rubber to the arm.
Mike, they are not "vulcanized" to the control arms. They are pressed in as they are on all cars we see on public roads. The rubber bushing is as common as common gets.

Hardly a dumb design as they last hundreds of thousands of miles and are trouble-free (mine are sitting at 135K miles on my DD and look like new). And when they wear out, they'll get replaced as with any other component.

BTW, bushing being part of a control arm and not replaceable is quite common. Luckily there are aftermarket OEM bushings they can be replaced with.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:13 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Alex I couldn't agree with this statement more. What I and possibly others have a problem with is your insistance on pushing your opinion. You have posted 8 times in this thread without having first hand experience of the subject product. Commenting negatively on something you haven't used personally is a little unfair don't you think? There are obviously a great many satisfied people using the CW bushings.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:30 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Alex I couldn't agree with this statement more. What I and possibly others have a problem with is your insistance on pushing your opinion.
Tim, no more than anybody else here jumping on the band wagon.

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
You have posted 8 times in this thread without having first hand experience of the subject product. Commenting negatively on something you haven't used personally is a little unfair don't you think?
I never said they were junk, did I? I don't even think that. Its just not the way I would go given other options that are available. If others can blow their horn on their choice, so can I.

And for someone to say the rubber bushing are a dumb design (for street use or DE days, full time track is another matter), are all manufacturers using them dumb?

By the way, I get PMs agreeing with me on various topics. Isn't it sad the atmosphere here limits a person's freedom of speech.

Quick Reply: Only Walrod bushings