Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

GT3 TEK Headlight Squirter Delete Cap BLOWOUT!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 02:54 PM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll take a set!!! PM sent.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:12 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks to this thread being refreshed we are now down to 16 sets left................................
Old 01-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Washabi
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 55 Posts

I'll take a pair
Old 01-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Roche993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Payment sent! Thanks for the reminder about doing this someday.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Just a reminder that CA residents must add sales tax ($2.40) for a GT of $32.40 shipped

15 sets left...........................
Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Washabi
I'll take a pair
PM sent
Old 01-29-2013, 09:56 PM
pcarrera993
Racer

I'll take a set. PM sent.

Thanks
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Payment, PM and email sent!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Top-Gun
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

PM sent.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:30 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

We had another small run and now have 11 sets left................................
Old 02-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Shout out to Joel. The quality of these things is amazing! I expected a flimsy aluminum piece, not the milled, billlet piece. Amazing for the price!
On a side note, mine are all painted and ready to install. How does one get access to the underside of the squirter area? I tried the headlight bucket, the fog light, and through the wheel liner. Is it necessary to remove the bumper cover?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:30 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
Shout out to Joel. The quality of these things is amazing! I expected a flimsy aluminum piece, not the milled, billlet piece. Amazing for the price!
On a side note, mine are all painted and ready to install. How does one get access to the underside of the squirter area? I tried the headlight bucket, the fog light, and through the wheel liner. Is it necessary to remove the bumper cover?
The caps are installed through the wheel well. If you have the front fender liner removed or pulled back out of the way, lay the nut between 2 fingers and with your hand palm up reach under, around and in front of the headlight bucket in the fender and if you are looking at the hole from the outside you will see the nut appear at the opening and viola' thread the cap down and hand tighten it. I installed mine the exact same way over 1 1/2 years ago and the caps have not come loose even after 20k & approx 30 track days.
The nut is galvanized so it will not become corrosive under the fender if it becomes wet so no worries there.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Joel Bowman
GM GT3 TEK LLC
Old 02-11-2013, 01:41 PM
Roche993
Rennlist Member

My first attempt at a real useful DIY so bear with me. Not a professional on the computer by any means but I can install these in a manner that takes about an hour each. (now)

Some thoughts from doing this:
-There is only 2 ways of getting the holding nut to the spot that I know of, taking the front bumper off (no thanks) and the way I did it.
-There is no chance of getting a wrench anywhere close to the huge nut on the underside of the plug so don't bother thinking you are going to crank it down tight-not going to happen.
-I used a couple large screws with some rubber cement on the leftover hoses- seems to hold just fine but would someday like to eliminate the hoses and the related pump all together. A job for another day.
-Chances of ever reusing the squirters are not too good. The tabs most likely will break when you take the squirters off.
-Prepare to swear like a freak at the fender liners. They suck so I recommend you take most of the rear ones off also which makes it much easier to remove and replace. The second one you do is definitely easier than the first.

-Finally, props to Joel at GT3-Tek, this is a good product, easy to paint, very well made, fits perfectly, etc.

See next post for directions
Old 02-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

The bad news is that I had my fender liners off yesterday. All back together now. They are even more fun after they've been modified for brake ducting...
Old 02-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Roche993
Rennlist Member

Default DIY, Cont..

I keep getting timed out after writing all the steps so sorry, but I will do a few minutes and post progress.

Method of install for Headlight Squirters...

--Jack up front side you are going to work on (each side is the same-one is not harder than the other)
--Remove wheel
--Remove front fender liner-easier if you remove most of the rear as well and pull it out of the way. The front one then comes out and goes in much easier.

Move to front of car...
--Remove Bumperette/fog light
--Feel above the fog light hole for 1/2 inch black hose- this is the supply connected to the squirter.
--With a pair of pliers, being very careful not to scratch the paint, grab and twist the squirter. I heard lots of cracking of old brittle plastic tabs and then the squirter just popped out in my hand. I doubt that you could remove this without damaging the tabs. Mine were very brittle.
-Remove the plastic squirter from the hose and pull hose down and out through the fog light opening.
--plug off hose with a properly sized bolt. Maybe 3/8 inch but you will know what will plug it or not. I used some rubber cement on it just for fun.
--Tape the nut to the hose just for insulation purposes. I did not want it to rattle around in there.
--Tuck the hose out of the way and reinstall fog light bumperette-you are done there. More to come.

Quick Reply: GT3 TEK Headlight Squirter Delete Cap BLOWOUT!