Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Is is possible to completely remove cigarette smell from interior?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 01:56 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Canyon56
No price here. If you gave me a Turbo S that had been smoked in, I wouldn't take it. Seriously. It's not about principle. I get extremely nauseous from cigarette smoke and tobacco residue. I have keen sense of smell (that is sometimes a curse.) Tar and nicotine has an adverse affect on me physically. Money can't fix it. And as we all know it's better to be poor and healthy than rich and sick.
I wouldn't think twice if someone were to hand me a smoker's TurboS if it were complete and mechanically sound. The cost of replacing all of the soft odor absorbing interior materials with fresh new original material would be relatively inexpensive investment!
Old 09-04-2013, 09:08 AM
bowiggy
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Smoke Smell From Car

1. Use a shop vac, or other super strong vacuum, and thoroughly vacuum the car - including the headliner. Use the brush attachment and really go to town on the carpet. Crawl into the "backseat" and thoroughly attack that area as well.

2. Get a couple of ice cube trays and fill them 1/2 way with white vinegar and place them in the footwells for three days with the car sealed.

Vinegar absorbs odors - but if that's not 100% effective - spray some Fabreze on the carpet and repeat the process if necessary.

When I bought my 993 (which is now for sale) it had a funny smell and it bugged me - so I tried the vacuum and vinegar and the smell went away.

My son is a big fisherman and carries all his fishing stuff in his truck and swears by Fabreze to get rid of the fish smell.

Good luck!
Old 04-21-2020, 08:29 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 698 Likes on 510 Posts

Baking soda on all carpeted areas - sit for a day and vacuum up...

Quick Reply: Is is possible to completely remove cigarette smell from interior?