Rennlist Member

Received 677 Likes on 307 Posts

Kinesis K28"S

Last edited by RDS928S; 03-10-2010 at 09:08 PM. Reason: ADD PICS
Old 03-10-2010, 08:29 PM
brad@tirerack.com
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad to hear we have another thread of good reviews. We have been very pleased at the overall response of this tire, especially among PCar owners. It has become the Holy Grail of great performing "cheap" tires.

Please give me a call to order. Thanks.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:27 PM
mstolo
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just installed Hankook Evos. I like them very much. Handle well in wet or dry. They are in the same price range of the Sumis.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,791 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by dmcentee
I did use the search and liked what I found, but a lot of the information was older. I was simply looking for updated opinions.

Sorry for any inconvenience that I might have caused you........

Thanks to everybody else who answered.
Did you read through this thread? https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-any-good.html

There are 265 posts on that thread specifically discussing the tire you inquired about, the most recent of which is a month and a half old. If you don't like that one, there is another 100 or so threads discussing Sumis that have been posted within the pasts two years.

This isn't about me, it's about the fact that when the same question gets asked over and over and over and over again on a new thread because people are too lazy to search, it creates a lot of work for those of us who use the site regularly and DO use the search feature to find information...like having to scroll through 100 threads.

Please don't take offense to this. I'm not trying to be an ***, just trying to shed some light on the consequences of not searching while I have nothing better to do.

Rant/. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:26 PM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The title of the thread was Sumitomo. Was it such a strain to just look past it? Must have been for you, to take time to write not once but twice to chastise the OP. No one else seemed to mind.
You don't need to try to be an *** to succeed at it.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:18 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Perhaps more threads should be stickied around here.

Anyway, I love mine. About 7K miles so far, I just had them rotated for the second time yesterday. Even wear (not sure exactly how much, but I think it was minimal) and more than enough grip for my purposes.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:07 AM
grwoolf
Racer

I've had a set of the III's since November 2008. About 6K miles so far and very happy with them. Fronts show very little wear, rears are probably half done, but I'm not always nice to them.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:32 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,791 Likes on 1,710 Posts

Originally Posted by bluejam
The title of the thread was Sumitomo. Was it such a strain to just look past it? Must have been for you, to take time to write not once but twice to chastise the OP. No one else seemed to mind.
You don't need to try to be an *** to succeed at it.
There is purpose and logic to my posts on this thread. Whether you recognize or understand that is another matter. And while I may have been direct, I don't think what I wrote was in any way offensive. In fact, I think I went out of my way to make sure I wasn't.

That said, I'm having a hard time understanding why the only post you made when you last logged on was to come here and attempt to chastise me and nothing more, which is interesting in the context of what you wrote. A severe case of the kettle calling the pot black, not to mention a great contribution to the board. You can also try to be an *** AND succeed at it.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:30 AM
bluejam
Rennlist Member

RTFM is offensive. The "F" says it all. You complained because it takes up your time and forum space, yet you keep comiong back to this thread. Why? Because you apperently live on here.
I haven't "contributed" in a while because, well, it's winter and I have a life and other hobbies besides my love of Porsches.
Actually, my last post (yesterday) was of a gorgeous red custom Porsche on Craigslist that may be right up your alley.
I see you are located in the Great Northwest. Perhaps we can discuss our differences over a cold micro someday ;-)

Back to the original post, I love my Sumi's. Have about 8K on them and hardly showing wear. 285's on the rear. I purchased the whole set for under $600 installed from Tire Rack, who I highly recommend.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:16 AM
MrBonus
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

If there isn't a recycling or rehashing of ideas on this (or any) forum, there would be little to nothing to discuss. It's not like every facet of ownership from maintenance to wear items hasn't been discussed ad nauseum since production ended on these cars 12 years ago.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:43 AM
larpy
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBonus
If there isn't a recycling or rehashing of ideas on this (or any) forum, there would be little to nothing to discuss. It's not like every facet of ownership from maintenance to wear items hasn't been discussed ad nauseum since production ended on these cars 12 years ago.

+1. As for the original post, I also bought the Sumi HTRZ III after some research on other tires. The Sumitomos appear to be the best tire for the money. I do not track my car so high performance was not that big of an issue. I have heard the Sumi do break free when you really get on them around cormers are give them hard acceleration.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:59 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RDS928S
Kinesis K28"S
Thxs...Love those wheels!

Back to regular programming....Sumitomos HTRZ III Rock!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:24 AM
boulderbobo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run the Sumo HTRZ IIIs. Honestly, for the money they are hard to beat. Especially if you factor in the the rate at which these cars chew up rear tires.

If you are looking for all out street tire performance (stick, noise, wet) and are NOT considering the $$$$$, the best tire is the Michelin PS2.

Just my $.02

Last edited by boulderbobo; 03-11-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:01 PM
x50type
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree completely with Avid Fan.
And If i see anymore questions about oil, I'll.........................
Old 03-11-2010, 01:05 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

OK, I'll give you uncharted territory. Want to talk the subtlety of what 3rd and 4th gear ratio is appropriate at Laguna in a 3.8L car on RA1's???????? Specifically as it relates to turns 4, 6, and 10? Get over it.

And back to tires, I went with the Hankooks for the C4S as I wanted to run a wider front tire (245/35 and 295/30 is what I ended up with). After a week and a couple hundred miles, all is well.

Quick Reply: Sumitomo tires