Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Self Gratification with Pictures - Outlaw 993 - Updated with Dec 2010 Mods!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks guys - you have all been extremely generous with your comments - makes it seem worthwhile :-)

M
Old 03-13-2010, 04:40 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

A few last pictures with some small enhancements. Anyone who can use adobe to remove power poles from pictures id love to have your help :-). Enjoy.
Attached Images    
Old 03-13-2010, 06:08 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet. Absolutely sweet. I really like the contrasting silver touches. Very nice...
Old 03-28-2010, 02:38 PM
tjangi
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did I miss this thread. Awesome mods and touches. When is it completely done?
Old 03-28-2010, 03:03 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

I think your ride looks terrific.

Be happy that delanobe can't sue for copyright infringement
Old 03-28-2010, 03:50 PM
TURBO-951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Thanks guys - you have all been extremely generous with your comments - makes it seem worthwhile :-)

M
Gorgeous car !! Nice add ons to compliment the car.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi tjangi.
As always a work in progress. Marcus has made up 5 piece RHD CF dash kit which will be on its way to me soon. Also CF Heater by pass. Dach X catless pipes are almost with me. Next job is to install Dach X,remove alternator for new bearings and paint fan and housing, englarge airbox and install heater by pass.
Marcus has also made me up some lightweight panels to cover transmission and fuel pump to save weight. All will be installed in August and Im now looking at removing the HD sport seats and replacing with some CF bucket seats like Recaro PP. My tarhet is to get the vehicle weight down to 1299kg with half tank fuel no driver. At the moment I have found 60-70kg savings which I will impliment in 2010. However for the last 30kg I dont want to loose functionality so it will be hard. Also still a bit of work to do on the suspension. I feel it may need refining.

goofballdelux. You obviously havent read the thread regards the inspiration for this project and the mention of Delonobe (who I believe may be leaving the 993 camp soon). Your MY02 rims and tints arent that original either you know LOL!

Cheers
M
Old 03-28-2010, 06:55 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

goofballdelux. You obviously havent read the thread regards the inspiration for this project and the mention of Delonobe (who I believe may be leaving the 993 camp soon). Your MY02 rims and tints arent that original either you know LOL!

Cheers
M
Oh, I've read it all. It's pretty clear that delanobe's car was the inspiration for your lovely ride.

Don't get me wrong, I think your car looks great. I think delanobe's car is one of the best looking on Rennlist, and I can understand why you copied his exterior. Which is not such a bad thing, to copy such a great looking car as delanobe's.

True, there are many 993s with MY02's and/or tint on the windows. But there are very few NB 993 C2s with similar rims, similar paint color, similar silver painted front bumper slats and decals attached at a similar place on the car, etc. I only count delanobe, and now you.

And, of course, by definition, a copy cannot be original.

That aside, your car looks great.

Last edited by goofballdeluxe; 03-28-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:16 PM
justin993
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

good look. The exhaust tips look great.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Oh, I've read it all. It's pretty clear that delanobe's car was the inspiration for your lovely ride.

Don't get me wrong, I think your car looks great. I think delanobe's car is one of the best looking on Rennlist, and I can understand why you copied his exterior. Which is not such a bad thing, to copy such a great looking car as delanobe's.

True, there are many 993s with MY02's and/or tint on the windows. But there are very few NB 993 C2s with similar rims, similar paint color, similar silver painted front bumper slats and decals attached at a similar place on the car, etc. I only count delanobe, and now you.

And, of course, by definition, a copy cannot be original.

That aside, your car looks great.
Pretty harsh comments.

Macca has obviously spent a lot of time, thought & money on getting his beautiful car to the state that it's in; which is stunning. Who gives a **** if he saw a few things on another lister's car that he took as inspiration (if he did at all, considering the Vesuvius SE)... Rennlist is about sharing, if you want your car to be unique, then stay away from all public forums, get it copyrighted & hide it in your garage.

Long live Rennlist.

Great car Macca!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:15 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

They say immitation is the most sincerest form of flattery.

They also say jealousy gets you nowhere.

Insert these where you wish. I dont care. LOL!

Me. Im just enjoying my "unique" 993 :-)

Long Live Rennlist!

Thanks to
Old 03-30-2010, 04:28 AM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The silver touches make an otherwise normal-looking car with nice wheels look a lot more handsome and modern.

goofballdeluxe,

FWIW, the first time I saw delanobe's car I thought it was a copy of this:

Old 03-30-2010, 04:40 AM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

They say immitation is the most sincerest form of flattery.

They also say jealousy gets you nowhere.

Insert these where you wish. I dont care. LOL!

Me. Im just enjoying my "unique" 993 :-)

Long Live Rennlist!

Thanks to
My apologies for any hurt feelings.

As I've said several times, delanobe's car is one of my favorites, and whether you agree or not, I think you car has more than a passing resemblance to his. Therefore, I think your car is also lovely, which I've also stated several times.

Just don't move to Belgium like delanobe, OK?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:20 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Apologies accepted mate. Absolutely no hard feelings. I think Delanobes car is lovely too.

Truth be known hes managed a synergy I hoped to achieve. I think hes pulled off the stance better than I have as hes using H&R coils which get him lower than my Mo30.

The script near the rear fender and the colour keying of the turbo bumper "grill" are the obvious areas of plagarism (and Im not hiding that as I explained on page 2 of this thread).

However my car colour is different, Ive colour keyed my mirrors and techart brake ducts and wheels (a different silver I may add), and I didnt go with a colour keyed split grill only the standard grill. I think its fair to say there are many of us on here with colour keyed rear grills and turbo bumpers. and speedline style alloys. Denobe has also got yellow calipers with his own custom decal.

If truth be known we have probably both plagarised Porsche AGs own efforts with the boxster concept (front bumper grill inserts and brake ducts colour keyed with wheels in gold) and the SE C2S in vesuvious.

As Nurbuger says, the spirit of this place is sharing. Ive tried to spend my time in this thread sharing my thoughts (running 1000s of words) on various mods Ive elected over a decade to help others if hey are considering same.

My car is an evolving canvas. The "anniversary" decal is there for a year and will be removed. Im still fence sitting on some of the colour keyed components and Id love to get the car just a little bit lower. I have Dach X, CF interior and Heater bypass waitig to fit along with some other goodies. This is the cars thrid itteration and set of wheels and Ive no doubt it wont be the last. Thats what I love about this lace - the endless inspiration from Princetons machinations to Delanobes asthetic, Bill Vs wheel spec fetish to Cactus humour. Its all part of the experience. Lets savour it.

Note to self: Gotta get me a decent camera. Took all my pictures on wide angle (fastet and clearest lense setting) but its distored all the pictures when I compare to real life. Watch this space...

PS. Dont fear - you wont find me moving to Belgium (its cold) LOL!
Old 03-31-2010, 02:50 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

My friend (and fellow Rennlister) Steve from Australia answered the call and has removed the power pole from my pictures. Thanks Steve. I think these look much better :-)

Cheers M
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Self Gratification with Pictures - Outlaw 993 - Updated with Dec 2010 Mods!