Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

OT: Messing With a Scammer (UPDATE 12/29 - The *NEW* Check Arrived!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:49 PM
sturm
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sarah Boyd.
> 206-424-4704.

They misspell their own name?! Confusing themselves

That ph# in the initial inquiry is a Seattle, Washington USA area code.

The good news is we know where to send Ilko a christmas card!

'93rsa 3.8
Old 12-16-2009, 12:10 AM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

There are forums and hobbiests dedicated to playing with these people. It is called scam baiting, good times. I have a gmail account and bait them for fun as well.

If you have the time to read this one, it is crazy! You will be glad you did!

http://bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16598

Not my work, but amazing!
Wow... I feel bad just for reading that...
I wonder how much of that was truth coming from the other end...

Ppp powerbook is one of my favorite things I have ever read on the internet however.
Old 12-16-2009, 01:16 AM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one seems familiar somehow:

ATTN: FRIEND,

COMPLIMENT OF THE DAY TO YOU. I WISH TO EXTEND THIS MUTUAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL TO YOU WITH THE HOPE THAT YOU WILL GLADLY ACCEPT. I AM AN IMPERIAL SENATOR AND DEPOSED PRINCESS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC. IN THE COURSE OF DISCHARGING MY AMBASSADORIAL DUTY LAST YEAR, I DISCOVERED THAT SOME GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS IN THE EMPIRE, WHICH REGIME HAS CONTROLLED THE GALAXY WITH AN IRON FIST, COMMITTED SOME FISCAL IRREGULARITIES DURING THE DEVELOP OF AN ENORMOUS NEW MOON-SHAPED SPACE STATION WITH TERRIFYING DESTRUCTIVE POTENTIAL. WHAT INTERESTS ME MUCH, AND FOR WHICH REASON I AM WRITING YOU, IS THE CONTRACT FOR THIS PARTICULAR SPACE STATION, WHICH WAS AWARDED TO A CONTRACTOR NAMED GRAND MOFF TARKIN, WAS OVER-ESTIMATED BY THE TUNE OF ALD$25 MILLION, OR 38 MILLION GALACTIC CREDITS. THIS CONTRACT HAS BEEN COMPLETED AND COMMISSIONED AND THE CONTRACTOR FULLY PAID, BUT THE 38M CREDITS OVER ESTIMATED VALUE OF THE CONTRACT IS STILL LYING AT THE CENTRAL BANK OF DANTOOINE.

BECAUSE OF THE HASTE WITH WHICH THE EMPEROR’S SITH LORD, VADER, TOOK OVER THE SPACE STATION PROJECT, THERE WAS NO CHANCE TO COLLECT THIS MONEY BEFORE THE STATION BEGAN ITS MISSION OF TERRORIZING SMALL PLANETS INTO SUBMITTING TO THE WILL OF THE EMPIRE. BUT AS A RESULT OF UPDATED PAYMENTS ADVICE AT THE CENTRAL BANK OF DANTOOINE (CBD), IT HAS BEEN AWAITING TRANSFER TO A FOREIGN ACCOUNT.

HAVING DONE ALL THE NECESSARY GROUND WORK, THIS MONEY IS IN NOW MY POSSESSION AND I AM LOOKING FORWARD FOR A TRUST-WORTHY PERSON INTO WHOSE PRIVATE OR COMPANY'S ACCOUNT THIS MONEY WILL BE TRANSFERRED INTO. I WISH TO LEAD A REBEL ALLIANCE AFTER THIS TRANSACTION AND FIGHT THE EVIL EMPIRE WHICH HAS HELD OUR PEOPLE IN ITS DEADLY GRIP FOR DECADES. YOU ARE THEREFORE REQUESTED TO KINDLY ALLOW ME TO TRANSFER THIS MONEY INTO YOUR ACCOUNT SO THAT I CAN WITHDRAW THIS MONEY WHEN I WANT TO. UPON THE TRANSFER OF THIS MONEY, 65% OF THE TOTAL SUM WILL BE FOR ME AND MY COLLEAGUES TO BUILD AND ARM REBEL BASES, WHILE 30% SHALL BE FOR YOU THE ACCOUNT OWNER AND THE REMAINING 5% SHALL BE SET ASIDE TO REFUND EXPENSES (SUCH AS HIRING MERCENARY SHIPS FOR INTERSTELLAR TRAVEL) MADE IN THE COURSE OF THIS TRANSACTION. BE ASSURED THAT THIS BUSINESS IS RISK-FREE BUT THE KEYWORD IS THE CONFIDENTIALITY DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE TRANSACTION AND MY POSITION AS AMBASSADOR.

KINDLY TREAT AS URGENT AND CONTACT ME IMMEDIATELY THROUGH THIS LITTLE R-2 UNIT. YOU WILL BE FULLY DETAILED WHEN I HEAR FROM YOU. YOUR BANKING PARTICULARS, I.E ACCOUNT NUMBER, YOUR PRIVATE TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS ARE VITAL TO THE SUCCESS OF THIS TRANSACTION FOR UPDATING AND REMITTANCE PROTOCOL. YOU ARE MY ONLY HOPE.
BEST REGARDS

(signed)

(PRINCESS) LEIA
REPRESENTATIVE, IMPERIAL SENATE
AMBASSADOR, ALDARAN
Old 12-16-2009, 05:00 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ilikemy944
Wow... I feel bad just for reading that...
I wonder how much of that was truth coming from the other end...

Ppp powerbook is one of my favorite things I have ever read on the internet however.
Did you read the Hitman scambait? Totally classic!
Old 12-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Amfab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Interesting how the typing of the text for the payee and in amount line is at a different angle than the date and amount in numerals.

Maybe the Teller typed in the date and "forgot" to type in the amount, AND THE PAYEE, and hastily put the check back in to retype it and it ended up not being quite straight.

hey... it could happen...

(Im sure it wasn't Edit>Transform>Rotate that got it that way)
Old 12-17-2009, 04:27 AM
Warpig
Pro

I find it interesting that the last number of the check number, on the MICR strip at the bottom has a 3 at the end and the # in the corner is missing it.

Nick
Old 12-17-2009, 05:00 AM
Canyon56
Burning Brakes

This guy is the original scam the scammers guy, aka Brad Christensen.
He sent scammers on some incredible goose chases, it's hilarious. It's on the Quatloos website:
http://www.quatloos.com/brad-c/directory02.htm
http://www.quatloos.com/brad-c/directory01.htm

There's a Nigerian 4-1-9 forum on there, too:
http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/view...199e8a95685f99
Old 12-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Stealth 993
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 126 Posts

Funny she has a local area code to me, then she sends the letter from the east coast, & wants you to ship to the UK. Love it.

That check looks good to me, I hate scammers!
Old 12-17-2009, 01:25 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by sturm
The good news is we know where to send Ilko a christmas card!
Well that's not my real name but you probably could reach me at that address if you had the secret password (swordfish)...

Old 12-17-2009, 03:43 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ilko
Well, I told Sarah that my bank doesn't accept DOLLRAS they want DOLLARS instead. She promised to send a new check...

Will keep you updated on the latest developments.
You need to see if you can convince her to get a tattoo
Old 12-17-2009, 03:45 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by David in LA
You need to see if you can convince her to get a tattoo
Something like this, right?

Old 12-29-2009, 11:52 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

OK, the new check arrived!

he name on the check is very different from the name on the envelope, which in itself is very different from the name of the person I've been talking to.

It is from a company in MD and a bank in MD. The sender on the envelope is in Texas, it was mailed from AZ, and the person I've been talking to is supposedly in Seattle.

Oh yeah, and the amount on this check is different from the amount on the last check which is different from the amount I was selling the "Salad Shooting Rims."

In other words, don't be a ***** Ilko, go ahead and deposit it, this is definitely legit!
Attached Images  
Old 12-29-2009, 12:04 PM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Do you think this is a "washed" but legitimate stolen check?

BTW, in the interest of full disclosure, I do not know anyone in AZ.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:04 PM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Looks good to me, has security features in the paper.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:18 PM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

At this point, if it was me, I would work him by having him send you another check because you never received the first. Then have him send another one because with delivery notification because some reason the post office can't find it. Then have him send another one because the amount is wrong...etc.

In the mean time, report this to the FBI to see if they can catch these f*&* for all the frauds they are committing.

Quick Reply: OT: Messing With a Scammer (UPDATE 12/29 - The *NEW* Check Arrived!)