993 Forum 1995-1998

Rennlist/ PCA member's 993 SPEEDSTER

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by DJF1
I look forward to seeing it today!!! Too bad my red queen wont make the Coral on account of the damn Porsche factory bra. @#$&%%$##@@

Hope to meet you there
Danny, please touch that wonderful car while you're there. Then you can tell us about it at Mike J's BBQ.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Boston911fan
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curve Lover, I'm speechless! Oh wait, actually I'm not. Since I sent you all those pics a while back, you OWE me a ride in your Speedster. I guess you don't need pics anymore since you have the real(ish) deal! Unbelieveable! Where do you live so I can start planning my trip? j/k Drop me a PM.

FWIW, although I love all Speedsters (911 and 356), I like the look of cabs with the triangular side windows that are reminiscent of the timeless coupe doors (as well as the VW Beetle of course!), and I like the message, if any, the cab sends that you don't have to be a two-seater to be fast and sporty. I would have to buy a second 993 if I wanted a 993 Speedster because I love my cab.

Not to tarnish your Speedster's reputation in any way.....I still can't believe it! Why didn't they make more? Oh I guess we can add that to the list of things that Wideking did wrong.

And don't forget the 993 Turbo Cabriolet with its single-turbo rear-drive setup a la 964 Turbo! I'll take one of those and a 993 Speedster, too!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:48 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 59 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
Danny, please touch that wonderful car while you're there. Then you can tell us about it at Mike J's BBQ.
LOL... I touched it What a beauty! Pics really dont do justice... its the evil twin of my cabrio, cool thing is that they have the same birth month
Old 07-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Mike M.
Instructor

Whoa....that is very very nice. I had to do a double take as I didn't know if Porsche built a 993 speedster. But if they did, they should have hired you on. That is simply stunning. Great job!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:20 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 9 Posts

Absolutely stunning car. Indeed, this was the car that Porsche should have built! I still don't understand why it was never a model offered for public consumption. It would have been the single most beautiful Porsche EVER MADE!!!

Congrats on the car, and would love to know if it is one of the originals or if not how the conversion was done so well.

CONGRATS!!! You officially have my vote as the most beautiful Porsche on Rennlist.... EVER.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:08 AM
hoggel
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I suppose you have seen this vid of Butzi Porsche driving a 993 speedster? If he saw Jager's speedster he would probably be disappointed with the factory car.

Butzi's birthday drive?
Old 07-01-2009, 11:42 AM
Harold
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 9 Posts

This car started as a 993 cabriolet? Then wide body added? And speedster shield from 964? Roof? Please provide details. This would be an exceptionally interesting read. Somebody should start a business of converting 993s to speedsters, I bet there would be a pretty big customer base for this car!!!! I just love it. Has anybody got pictures of Seinfeld's speedster?
Old 07-01-2009, 03:18 PM
V
Drifting

I agree with everyone else.. WOW Curve you really hit the jackpot.. For how long have you been working on this beauty without telling us?? .. I wouldn't lower it more.. Just put on 993 hollows and you are done! Congratulations on a BEAUTIFUL car!! More pics please!!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:50 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know you have to give these guys a call and see if they've come out with the 18" Fuchs replicas they were planning on....Fuchs would look awesome on this car

Old 07-03-2009, 03:50 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

As requested: more photos from Keystone.
Busy having incredible fun with incredible people (RLers DJF1, Hoggel, plus others from other forums). Can't over-emphasize that it's a picture-perfect place for a Parade.

Just wish there was more time to take it all in, sleep ... & post here! Guess that's a sign of a great vacation, when you're having a blast all the time.

Beer fest yesterday; another soon, advertising 'free beer.' These PCA organizers are brilliant! Seminars, autocross, driving tours, banquets, getting together with new friends afterward that you just met, etc.

Thought I could upload photos as I took them, but way behind ... good problem to have; auto-cross & seminars, etc. I think you'll enjoy the photos as I get them posted.

Answer to recurring question here: she was born as a '95 cab, then converted into the narrow-body Speedster you see on this RL thread, "the 993 SPEEDSTER -did you catch this?!?", which is the 1st place I ever saw her. Not a Tiptronic as some wrote in that post. Had comfort seats & cab door panels then.
Now with '94 Recaro Speedster sport bucket seats, RS door panels, new carpet, carbon fiber from Porsche & Germany's Marcus Buehler, WB hips (welded from factory Turbo rear quarter panels), factory rear Turbo S ducts, hollow-spoke Porsche Turbo Twist wheels, etc. Took hundreds of conversion documentary photos.
More details, plus acknowleding specific RLers & others to come.

Last edited by curve lover; 08-12-2009 at 04:46 PM. Reason: fix ded pic lnk
Old 07-03-2009, 03:52 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Recent photo...

Last edited by curve lover; 03-10-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 03:56 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

LOTS of good questions, e-mails, & PMs to get to. Starting with these 2, photo-related:

Originally Posted by UserA
Top up pics please! Looks great, and that is coming from a coupe only guy.
Originally Posted by gonzilla
I'd love to see a side view with the windows up (with the top up or without).
Old 07-03-2009, 03:58 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Old 07-03-2009, 04:07 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Old 07-03-2009, 04:08 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Last edited by curve lover; 07-03-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Rennlist/ PCA member's 993 SPEEDSTER