Sponsored by:

Glove Box Removal - Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 09:38 AM
sigf
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Glove Box Removal - Help

Is there any trick to doing this? I removed the four screws inside the compartment, the three underneath the door, disconnected the light, but the glove box door arms on each side don't seem to want to slip free. I can't get the darn thing out... I want to remove the box so I can either fix or reattach the speaker connections to the back of the radio, and I don't have the specialty tool to remove the radio. I am assuming that I can get at the radio/speaker connection due to the fact that the glove door arm somehow snagged the speaker wire and pulled the connection loose.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:12 AM
grouchy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I vaguely remember having to wiggle it a little to remove, but nothing tricky in removing the box. Took out the three bottom screws, the ones from the inside of the door face, then the ones holding the box.

I don't remember if there were more screws hidden further inside the box though.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:16 AM
mike993c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I took mine off, the left arm came off fairly easily, but the right side required more coercing.... Can you look up from underneath to see if it has snagged a wire?
Old 06-08-2008, 09:44 AM
SC2993
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 31 Posts

I have the same problem, the left arm of the glove box is snagged on a few speaker wires. I have been able to view the snag with a flashlight and even tried to un-snag it with a coat hanger. So far I have been unable to free it up. My glove box door will not open up all the way because of the snag so I am careful when I open it up.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:44 PM
sigf
Rennlist Member

I don't know how the door arms are shaped on the internal side of the glove box. I tried to manipulate their positioning to see if they would slide out of the arm slot, but no luck. No way to remove the box with slipping the arms out somehow, and I gotta believe there is some "trick" to it. I was thinking that this would be a real simple thing to do, but I also don't want to break anything...
Old 06-08-2008, 01:49 PM
mike993c2s
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The arms are shaped like the end of a coat hanger, which looks like a "J". It won't come out if it has caught a wire. Since the open end of the "J" is facing upwards, try pushing the thing in and then moving it lower before pulling it out again..... good luck!
Old 06-08-2008, 05:44 PM
sigf
Rennlist Member

Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Glove Box Removal - Help