Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

For better or worst....Way To Go Barry

Old 08-08-2007, 01:22 AM
David Ray
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For better or worst....Way To Go Barry

Way to go Barry Bonds!!!! Incredible achievement!!! Think about the numbers.... and it's still an incredible accomplishment….for better or worst….did you not forgive Michael Irvin on Saturday?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:25 AM
Raptor
Addict
Rennlist Member

1+
Old 08-08-2007, 01:38 AM
rcwelch
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It lost a lot for me.....
Old 08-08-2007, 01:54 AM
Randy 1
Racer

Originally Posted by David Ray
Way to go Barry Bonds!!!! Incredible achievement!!! Think about the numbers.... and it's still an incredible accomplishment….for better or worst….did you not forgive Michael Irvin on Saturday?
Well, Michael Irvin's problem with snow didn't really help him catch *****. If anything, you could presume it made his on-field achievements all the more impressive.

I think a lot of the animosity towards Bonds stems not just from his obvious steriod use, but the fact that he's just a dink. Talented non pareil? Of course. Does that entitle him to treating others like a flaming bag of dog turds? Absolutely not.

File him right behind Ty Cobb, another incredible talent who apparently never figured out how to be a human being. He cheated too, incidentally. But if there's one thing that you and I can agree on, it's that if Ty Cobb's in the HOF, then Barry Bonds should be too. Doesn't mean we have to like it.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:26 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Hi Randy1,

Have you met Barry in person in forming you stated opinions, or was that from reading papers?

I am not a baseball fan, nor do I admire Barry Bonds, but I have dealt with him closely for a period of time. I helped designed his home in Los Altos Hills, and helped his contractor built it.

The Barry I dealt with was just another guy. He has never tried to take advantage of his design team, or done anything untowards. I have not seen him being rude to us, or others who recognized him in elevators, restaurants, or on the street.

I was really impressed with how much he cares about his children. We could be deep in the most critical discussions on the design, he would check his watch, stood and said: "sorry guys, soccer practice for the kids, gotta go." This is but one example, but I sense that he is truly a caring father to his kids, and that said a lot to me personally.

Just my two cents, and that's not hearsay..

CP
Old 08-08-2007, 03:35 AM
RustyRotors
Advanced

Default He cheated

I think the fact that he cheated is pretty indisputable. The fact that he has the attitude he shows is also undeniable. He forgot who pays his bills for his new house. Not signing autographs for the kids (fans) is proof enough for me. Like him or not he is just renting the title anyway. A-Rod will be the new champion soon enough and then all this discussion will be meaningless.

I do not put him on any pedastal at all. He is not a true champion.

My opinion
- Ron
Old 08-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This has nothing to do with 993s or Porsches in general, please take it to OT.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:54 AM
David 23
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
+1
Old 08-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Randy 1
Racer

Originally Posted by CP
Hi Randy1,

Have you met Barry in person in forming you stated opinions, or was that from reading papers?

I am not a baseball fan, nor do I admire Barry Bonds, but I have dealt with him closely for a period of time. I helped designed his home in Los Altos Hills, and helped his contractor built it.

The Barry I dealt with was just another guy. He has never tried to take advantage of his design team, or done anything untowards. I have not seen him being rude to us, or others who recognized him in elevators, restaurants, or on the street.

I was really impressed with how much he cares about his children. We could be deep in the most critical discussions on the design, he would check his watch, stood and said: "sorry guys, soccer practice for the kids, gotta go." This is but one example, but I sense that he is truly a caring father to his kids, and that said a lot to me personally.

Just my two cents, and that's not hearsay..

CP
I'll revise my statement, you're precisely correct, I don't know the guy from a hole in the wall.

Barry appears to suffer from an acute lack of media savviness. He's prickly, and treats reporters like dirt. He then wonders why the media feasts on his missteps. He appears to suffer from a very low media IQ, and appears to lack the humility to hire a good publicist.

I mean, the guy requires a literal throne in the clubhouse to sit upon. Are you kidding me?

Oh, and he cheated.

Feel free to banish to OT now!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:53 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
+2 PLEASE!
Old 08-08-2007, 12:58 PM
dcdude
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, once the league makes a separate record book for juicers, it's a great accomplishment.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:06 PM
doberdog

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I remember as a kid watching Hank Arron setting the old record on our first colour TV, that was cool!
Old 08-08-2007, 02:13 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by doberdog
I remember as a kid watching Hank Arron setting the old record on our first colour TV, that was cool!
and real
Old 08-08-2007, 04:07 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

Does Barry drive a 993? Or any Porsche???
Old 08-08-2007, 04:14 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

As much as the R'list OT forum might suck, but this really should have been posted there, not here.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For better or worst....Way To Go Barry