Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold

Old 05-20-2015, 04:08 PM
CHJ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Quinn
Sorry, I do not have updated pictures as it is stored in Boston and I now live in Ohio (was waiting to ship to Ohio or Florida until every piece of salt is washed away since the record snow - maybe August

purchase price (in USD please) - $100,000
purchase date - 10/14
mileage - 2,300 (yes not a misprint) - My signature says 3k, but that is to allow me to drive this summer
state or country where purchased - From CA
Model year - 1996 C4S
Coupe, targa or cab - Coupe
color - Speed Yellow/Black
tip or manual - Manual
NA or turbo NA
aftermarket accessories that came with the car - Zero - bone stock original
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) 10
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 10
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 10
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) 10
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Dealer
How many previous owners? 2
Accident history: yes/no? No and no paint
Please list any factory installed options - Hi/fi, 8-way electrical seat(L&R), Automatic Speed Control,
Please list any modifications - Zero - bone stock original

Just bought a home in Florida and received an estimate on the renovation (more than the cost of this car). May think of selling, but am not pressured and am not in a hurry. This is one of the rarest C4S (993) on the planet. Period.

Would love and appreciate any recommendation on pricing (though, again, I may not sell and just hang on to it). Car is started regularly but obviously not driven to anything other than Cars and Coffee, Starbucks, etc.

Thank you and happy holiday weekend
Sorry I got so excited I hit the wrong button.
I still say it's Beautiful!! Priceless!

Chuck
Old 05-22-2015, 12:47 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 191 Posts

Pricing opinion please.

I'm looking at a 98 C2S manual with 61k miles. Arctic Silver with two tone tan and black dash int. Basic seats and leather dash. Wood shifter and parking brake.
Clean title and car fax. The front end had some minor accident that resulted in blending the front half of the car with a respray. The interior has seen better days. Usual wear suspects. Driver seat bolster worn but not torn. Drivers door card is worn and someone did a bad tan dye job. Carpet is tan and shows dirt in some areas. Mechanicals seem to be just ok(PPI would be done before purchase). Not a lot of paper work. Recent clutch job. Engine is leaking from lower valve covers and timing chain box. Techno wheels have curb marks all over them. Exterior paint shows well but has its chips and little dings here and there. What do you think its worth? $72k firm is the offer the seller made to me. I feel for that price I might be able to find a car with some more owner loving. Any opinion is much appreciated. Its a big purchase for me and I want it to be right. Thanks!

Last edited by 911F1; 05-22-2015 at 12:50 PM. Reason: More info
Old 05-22-2015, 08:57 PM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Sounds like a tired car with a lot of deferred maintenance. If you don't DIY, you can easily spend $10-12k on the mechanical side and another few thousand to properly sort the cosmetics. Even in this overheated market, I'd say the price is a bit high, as described. Are you set on a WB? For $10-15k less, you can find a near perfect NB..only giving up 3" in the process.
Old 05-24-2015, 02:20 AM
pooshee
AutoX

Default You got a smoking deal

Originally Posted by RPMzen
Not sure how I did, but took the car and had the valves scoped and ppi. Mechanics came back clean and valves looked solid. Tranny was above average, but they said depending how I drive, may need to change in a year as the syncros are just starting to wear a little. I'm worried I may have fallen into the proverbial p-car "a cheap P may cost you more than a more expensive one" trap. Mechanically, the engine is solid. The exterior needs a good polish. I am repainting the bumper and hood for $1100 at a reputable shop. Doing a Euro light conversion too. Most of the money will go to cosmetics. Leather will need refinishing or recovering.

purchase price: $30,000
purchase date: 1/2015
mileage: 79,000
state or country where purchased: CA
Model year: 1995
C2 or C4: C2
Coupe, targa or cab: Cab
color: Midnight blue
tip or manual: Manual
NA or turbo: NA
aftermarket accessories that came with the car:
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 8
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7 (just need to repair leather drivers seat)
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 8
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? Private
How many previous owners?: 5
Accident history: yes/no??: No
Please list any factory installed options: 8-Way Power seats

If the car is otherwise in good shape, with not too much money to sort it out, I would say you got a pretty great deal.

Most would say 993 market is up but not peaked. Turbo 993...whole different ballgame.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:51 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
Sounds like a tired car with a lot of deferred maintenance. If you don't DIY, you can easily spend $10-12k on the mechanical side and another few thousand to properly sort the cosmetics. Even in this overheated market, I'd say the price is a bit high, as described. Are you set on a WB? For $10-15k less, you can find a near perfect NB..only giving up 3" in the process.
I have a NB 95 right now. But I love the WB cars. I'm not going to pull the trigger on the car I mentioned earlier. It doesn't make sense at that price and I still need to put work into it. I would hope $72K would get me a C2S in good mechanical and cosmetic shape.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:28 AM
F1tifosi
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 50 Posts

Greg - please PM me if you are selling. Thanks and cheers
Old 06-19-2015, 03:20 PM
Luckster
Rennlist Member

purchase price: $44,500 USD ($55,000 CAD converted to USD)
purchase date: 2015 June 10
mileage: 62,600 (converted from 100,200 km, this was a Canadian car with metric gauge)
state or country where purchased: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Model year: 1995
C2 or C4: C4
Coupe, targa or cab: Coupe
color: Slate Gray
tip or manual: Manual
NA or turbo: NA
aftermarket accessories that came with the car:
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 8 (the second owner was a DIY type so no records when he owned it, but car is in almost perfect condition, cosmetically and mechanically)
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 (Almost perfect for a 20 year old car, no damage anywhere and very little sign of wear on the seats)
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 8 (paint has a couple rock chips in the front, one cracked fog light)
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 10
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? : Private
How many previous owners?: 3
Accident history: yes/no??: No
Please list any factory installed options: Marble Gray/black interior with Hardback sport seats, rear window wiper, Hi-Fi Sound, On Board Computer
Please list any modifications:
Bilstein HD's with M030 springs
Motorsound Air Box
Fabspeed Maxflo Exhaust with Fabspeed Tips
The previous owner also threw in an extra set of 18" Hollow spokes Turbo twist wheels that I have to refinish from minor curb rash (car came with factory 17" Cup wheels).
Bought from a Rennlist member.
Attached Images  
Old 06-20-2015, 03:21 PM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Congrats!! Great find
Old 06-26-2015, 02:55 PM
waizone
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts
Default 97 993 cab

Been looking for a clean 993 and found a very clean 1 owner car. 97 cab (prefer coupes but very hard to find). Low mile car under 60K with all books and records. Is $59K high?
Old 06-26-2015, 05:19 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 570 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by waizone
Been looking for a clean 993 and found a very clean 1 owner car. 97 cab (prefer coupes but very hard to find). Low mile car under 60K with all books and records. Is $59K high?
If you are willing to spend $59k and you want a NB coupe you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:23 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
If you are willing to spend $59k and you want a NB coupe you shouldn't have a problem.
I agree. If you want a couple, wait until you find a suitable one. I would also look nationwide to be on the safe side. 6 weeks ago I found a C4S coupe within 100 miles of where I live. But I would have gone much further if necessary. I was just lucky. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:16 PM
laneranch
Track Day

I was looking for cab for 3 months and finally found one relatively close to home in San Diego. 1995 Carrera 4 cab with 38,500 miles and only 2 owners. Midnight blue, grey car nearly stock (lightened flywheel and Fabspeed exhaust) with clean Carfax and good report from PPI I had done by local shop. All maintenance records, keys, manuals, maintenance book and original window sticker. $54,000.Took delivery this week.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:47 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by laneranch
I was looking for cab for 3 months and finally found one relatively close to home in San Diego. 1995 Carrera 4 cab with 38,500 miles and only 2 owners. Midnight blue, grey car nearly stock (lightened flywheel and Fabspeed exhaust) with clean Carfax and good report from PPI I had done by local shop. All maintenance records, keys, manuals, maintenance book and original window sticker. $54,000.Took delivery this week.
Sounds wonderful. But we don't believe you without a photo!
Old 06-27-2015, 02:08 AM
waizone
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats Laneranch. You should bring it buy cars and coffee Carlsbad tomorrow am. I'll be there and would like to see the new car and talk Porsches.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:29 AM
BetaSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Opinions please... 1997 C4S, 90k miles, three owners, two accidents, I have seen the police reports both did not leave the car unable to drive, both front side impacts, appears to be well repaired. Quarter inch spot of paint bubble under passenger side windshield seal, door strap pulled loose from driver's door, driver side seat needs upper bolster repair. Other than that cosmetically a nice honest low 3 high 4 appearance. Complete records for the last eight years and 23k mi show oil changes every year, clutch and brakes less than 9k ago, tires about 2500 ago and various misc attention. Guards red with black leather, rear wiper, soft back sport seats, speed control, stereo (replaced with decent Alpine) Litronics, sunroof, and alarm are the Porsche options from the under hood list. Owners manual and two keys, SAI needs attention. thanks folks !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold