Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Ed Burdell
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

purchase price (in USD please) $48150
purchase date April 2006
mileage 57000
state or country where purchased Texas
Model year 1998
C2 or C4 (C2S)
Coupe, targa or cab (Coupe)
color (Black on Chestnut)
tip or manual (tip)
NA or turbo (NA)
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car (including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc.) None
did the vehicle come with tool kit (yes)
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit (yes)
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) (7
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) (9.5)
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) (9)
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) (9.5)
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? (Dealer)
How many previous owners? (2)
Accident history: yes/no?? (no)
Please list any factory installed options (stainless exhaust tips, motorsound, 18" hollow twists, floor overmats, CDR-210, upgraded stereo package, some (not all) electric options on the driver's seat, rear wiper delete)
Please list any modifications (post purchase: vertex HID, strut brace, cup holder - not a very steep, slippery slope, I know, but...)
Old 07-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Pete
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim,

A great idea! It would also be great if Rennlist or someone on here could keep some kind of summary with all the reports in one place.

Here's mine:

purchase price (in USD please) - $32.6K (not including tax, license, title, document fee)
purchase date - 11/06
mileage - 49.8K
state or country where purchased - Illinois (Chicago suburb)
Model year - 1997
C2 or C4 - C2
Coupe, targa or cab - Coupe
color - Arctic Silver Metallic/Black partial leather
tip or manual - Tip
NA or turbo - NA
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car (including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc.) - None
did the vehicle come with tool kit - Yes
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit - Yes
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) - 10 (all records since delivery from selling dealer, including window sticker, all manuals)
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 9+ (looked new except for normal patina on leather seating surfaces, no cracks anywhere no noticeable wear on seat bolsters)
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 9 or 9- (stone chips on nose, few very fine rock chips in windshield, pin-point size)
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) - 10 (ran and drove perfectly as far as I can tell)
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? - Dealer (original who sold the car new, taken in trade from original buyer)
How many previous owners? - 1+ (original owner traded it in on 997 in May 06, sold to guy from England who was working in US, he sold it back to dealer in fall 06 when he got called back to England by his job, I bought in Nov 06)
Accident history: yes/no?? - None that I know of
Please list any factory installed options - Porsche floor mats, power seat package, Porsche crest on head restraints, active brake differential, 17" Cup wheels with painted center caps, hi-fi sound package with 10 speakers, remote CD changer
Please list any modifications - None

Came with 2 remotes/keys including Porsche crest fobs, Michelin tires with about 5K left on them. I've put on 5K trouble-free, wonderfully enjoyable miles, until the immobilizer/central locking went south last week; now at mechanic for yearly oil/filter change and hopefully repair of immobilizer/central locking.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Rudolph
Advanced

Here is mine:

Purchase Price: $34,500
Purchase Date: 8/06
Mileage: 20,100
State of Purchase: Connecticut
Model Year: 1995
C2 Cab
Color: Polar Silver
Tip or Manual: Manual
N/A or Turbo: N/A
Any after market accessories that came with the car: Bilstein HD, ROW M030, Fabspeed exhaust and headers, Sony Xplod 650 w/ 6 disk changer, McIntosh 446 Amp, K40 w/ diffuser, Chip, Cone air filter, Carnewal Alu/leather shifter and hand break, new Michelin Pilot Sports, new battery, car cover and a Porsche battery charger/maintainer.
Did the vehicle come with the tool kit: Yes
Did the vehicle come with the tire inflater kit: Yes
Your assessment of the vehicle's history in terms of paperwork/ receipts: 10
Your assessment of interior quality: 9.9
Your assessment of exterior quality: 9 (needed new soft top due to puncture)
Your assessment of mechanical condition of the vehicle: 10 (per PPI)
Purchased from private party or dealer: private party
Number of previous owners: 2
Accident history: no accidents
Factory installed options: ABD/LSD

Since purchase I've had a new top and head liner installed (less than $2K) and I've installed HIDs ($155.). So far I've driven it 7500 fun and trouble free miles.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:13 PM
DarinB
Advanced

Default Here's mine!

Good idea! Here you go.

purchase price (in USD please): $29,000
purchase date: May 2007
mileage: 60,500
state or country where purchased: OR
Model year: 1995
C2 or C4: C2
Coupe, targa or cab: Coupe
color: black/black
tip or manual: manual
NA or turbo: NA
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car (including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc.): Stereo, amp, new bilsteins with
eibach lowering springs, aftermarket tail
did the vehicle come with tool kit: Yes
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit: Yes
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 2
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7-many stone chips on the front
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9-10 (Inspected by Jeff Gamroth)
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer?: Dealer
How many previous owners?: 2
Accident history: yes/no??: Apparent previous curb damage from inspection where suspension components were replaced
Please list any factory installed options: ?
Please list any modifications: See above
Old 07-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Svaha
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

purchase price (in USD please) ($39,500 including new clutch and flywheel)
purchase date (12/05)
mileage (78940)
state or country where purchased (Oregon)
Model year (1996)
C2 or C4 (C4S)
Coupe, targa or cab (Coupe)
color (Midnight Blue on Cashmere)
tip or manual (6-Speed)
NA or turbo (NA)
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc. (Lo-Jack, Motorsound Airbox)
did the vehicle come with tool kit (Yes)
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit (Yes)
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) 9
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 9
exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 8.5 (Stone Chips on Midnight Blue Not Good)
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) 9
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? (Consignment at Indie Dealer)
How many previous owners? (3)
Accident history: yes/no?? (None)
Please list any factory installed options: Sport Seats, Digital sound package with 6-pack, assorted leather, some Porsche crests, the on-board computer
Please list any modifications: LPMM's, Front wipers sleep on the right, Back wiper removed, Interior blue accents blackened, Radar

Daily driven 15k miles thus far. Priceless!
Old 07-30-2007, 04:05 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

1995 993 track car
purchase price (in USD please): $41,500 including 2nd set of wheels (Forgelines)
purchase date: early 2006
mileage: 78,000
state or country where purchased: OH
Coupe, targa or cab: coupe
color: black/black
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car (including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc.): see mods below
did the vehicle come with tool kit: yes
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit: yes
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 3 pre-conversion to track car, 10 during and post conversion
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 for a track car
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 for a track car
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest):9
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer?: private
How many previous owners?: unknown
Accident history: yes/no??: none known
Please list any factory installed options: hard to tell under all of the track mods!
Please list any modifications:Engine and Mechanical
Stock except RS (Robyn Sunn) mufflers, dual factory oil coolers, rebuilt transmission (Brian Copan) with Porsche Motorsport LSD, shorter gears (3-6), steel synchros, sliders, shift forks new clutch/flywheel, Final 3.444 stock 1st 3.818 stock
2nd 2.048 stock 3rd 1.650 replaced
4th 1.140 replaced 5th 1.227 replaced
6th 1.063 replaced
New master/slave cylinder, pedal assembly removed, cleaned and lubed bushings, new kinematic arm for clutch release, new RS transmission and motor mounts, axle shafts new (5 track days), A/C in car but not working (I had it removed), RSA sway bars, Moton Club Sports w/700/900 lb springs and helper springs, Moton settings:
Front: Canister Pressure 175 Lbs of Nitrogen
Compression Setting: 3 Clicks from Zero
Rebound 4 Clicks from Zero
Rear: Canister Pressure 225lbs
Compression 4 Clicks from Zero and Rebound 5 Click from Zero
Strut tower brace
Wheels & Tires-8/10x18 Forgeline 3 pc WC3 with Toyo RA/1 4/32nd shaved 245/40/18 and 275/35/18 34/36 psi and BBS Classic RT 8 ½/10x18 Front offset 45mm rear 50mm tuner wheel for BetaTech with Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-DS tires (for rain)
Body-lightened by 250 lbs.(carpets, door panels, shocks, battery, lower dash removed, A/C); fiberglass rear wing (RSR 3.8) and deck lid
Fiberglass 3 pc front splitter RS lower rockers
Interior-full custom welded cage ties to A&B pillars Window net, RS door panels, RS lightweight carpet
6 point harness
Momo seats and sliders
AIM MXL Pista datalogger
Old 07-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

purchase price (in USD please): $33,700
purchase date: Aug '06
mileage: 67,000
state or country where purchased: AZ
Model year: 1997
Coupe, targa or cab: Cab
color: Arena Red/Gray
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car (including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc.): none
did the vehicle come with tool kit: Yes
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit: Yes
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 2 (maint. book entries only)
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7- stone chips ect
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer?: Dealer (non-Porsche)
How many previous owners?: 1
Accident history: yes/no??: No
Please list any factory installed options: Heated/Comfort seats, Cruise, Cab. Air deflector and Radio (AM/FM/CD)
Please list any modifications (prior to purchase): No mods, just maint. items. Dealer said car had just had clutch, new tires (Mich. P.S's) and full brakes at 64k, I thought records would be provided but they weren't. I've seen nothing that would dispute these claims so far and I've looked. It had new tires, brake pads/rotors and tune up type parts on it.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Marlon
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dang - this is a lot of good data - anybody Excel proficient???
Old 07-30-2007, 05:06 PM
DFC4S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

purchase price (in USD please) - $57,000
purchase date - Nov 2006
mileage - 27,000
state or country where purchased - Texas
Model year - 1997
C2 or C4 - C4S
Coupe, targa or cab - Coupe
color - Arctic Silver
tip or manual - Manual
NA or turbo - NA
did the vehicle come with tool kit - Yes
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit - Yes
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) - 5 - no records from 1st owner
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 10
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) - 10
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) - 10
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer? - Dealer
How many previous owners? - 1
Accident history: yes/no?? - No
Old 07-30-2007, 05:25 PM
gerry100
Pro

Beutiful thread , will aid as I close in on my 993 dream.

In an ideal world, the maintenace/repaire costs in the first year would be added to the Purchase price.

The old expression that all Porsche's are $20K cars may be updated to all 993's are $40K cars depending on the data.

A C4 w < 100K recently sold locally for $23K but the costs in the first year will define the real price.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:08 PM
Denise993
Pro

purchase price (in USD please): $34,500
purchase date: April 2007
mileage: 55,000
state or country where purchased: Northern VA
C2 or C4: C4
Coupe, targa or cab: Cab
color: triple black
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car (including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc.): stereo, 18" turbo twists
did the vehicle come with tool kit: No
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit: No
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 9 Seems mostly complete
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 8
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 7 - stone chips, a ding or two on the rims
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 8 Needed $3,000 in various repairs b/c previous owner didn't drive much. Nothing major.
Purchased from: Private Party or Dealer?: Private
How many previous owners?: 2
Accident history: yes/no?? None
Please list any factory installed options: None that I know of
Please list any modifications: lowered; I added front strut bar; came with TPC Supercharger... sweet!
Old 07-30-2007, 11:53 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

purchase price (in USD please) $27k
purchase date 11/04
mileage 93.5 (at purchase)
state or country where purchased Boston Mass
Model year 1997
C2 or C4 C4S
Coupe, targa or cab Coupe
color Black/Black
tip or manual Man.
NA or turbo NA
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car (including but not limited to wheels, suspension, exhaust, seats, stereo, mirrors, pedals, steering wheel, etc.)
did the vehicle come with tool kit Yes
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit Yes
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest) 5
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 9
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest) 6
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest) 6 at purchase

Had to put about $1500 in the car at purchase for all new brakes and rotors, valve cover gaskets and a couple of lifters. The only other major investment in maintenance, was for full tune up parts $600 +, all work done by me. Car now has 110K on the clock and has been a great driver and track thrasher. Does have the SAI, which I have yet to deal with, but has had no adverse effects......so on it will go
Old 07-31-2007, 12:05 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 4,783 Likes on 1,706 Posts

Wow Chris, you bought a C4S in 04 for $27k??? That's a good contender for "best deal" on RL, competing only with they guy who bought a 95 coupe for $16k. Lucky dude....

BTW, I bought Paul's DACH X bypass that he's replacing with sport cats. Really looking forward to throw it on...back to regular programming.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:20 AM
air eater
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

purchase price (in USD please): $65k
purchase date: May 2007
mileage: 15,500
state or country where purchased: MO
Model year: 1997 (Oct of 1996 build)
C2 or C4: C4S
Coupe, targa or cab: Coupe
color: Artic Silver / Black interior
tip or manual: Manual
any aftermarket accessories that came with the car: CF shifter and e-brake, red seat belts, 996 steering wheel, 3m clear bra, new Bridgestones
did the vehicle come with tool kit: yes
did the vehicle come with tire inflator kit: yes
your assessment of the vehicle history in terms of paperwork/receipts (1-10, 10 being highest): 8.5
your assessment of the interior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 10.0
your assessment of the exterior quality (1-10, 10 being highest): 9.8
your assessment of the mechanical condition of the vehicle (1-10, 10 being highest): 9.8
Purchased from PCA member: no
Purchased from Rennlist member: Yes
Purchased from: Private Party
How many previous owners:three
Accident history: no accidents
Please list any factory installed options:Litronics, sport seats, rear wiper, Aero kit, big oval tips, full motorsound kit.
Please list any modifications you made:
Row Mo30 suspension, Gert FPB, Gert Pedals, clear front corners, amber rear lights, hardwired V1.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:21 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, I kinda wondered why we didn't have this over here. I've posted several 964 transactions in the past 3(?) years. I'll get to the two 993's when I have some time later on.

Quick Reply: 993 Price Tracking Thread - Please only post data for cars you have purchased or sold