Sunroof test - bad switch, relay or motor ?? - Rennlist Discussion Forums
Rennlist Discussion Forums   classifieds | membership | rennlist | photo album    
sponsors | upload photo | chat    

Go Back   Rennlist Discussion Forums > Air/Oil Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 993 Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Old 05-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #1
FotoVeloce
Addict
Rennlist Member

Send a message via Yahoo to FotoVeloce
Default Sunroof test - bad switch, relay or motor ??

Arg. I've run my searches but nothing helpful has popped up. My 993's sunroof was very intermitant at purchase (PPI said it was non-op). The switch was a little wonky in the feel so I took that all into consideration during purchse.

Now that it's down for suspension, tune-up, belts, some minor other bits (and one not-so-minor driver door check repair required) I want to tackle the problem of my non-op sunroof.

I understand that the zipper in the back has access to the motor but.. I don't have a clue what to start checking in there (there is a relay in there from I've read on other posts but that's about all I've been able to gather).

I'm thinking it's electrical and not the motor (since it did move a bit originally). It could have been the motor's death throws too.. maybe I'll just have the sunroof welded shut, the rain gutters shaved and the car repainted, but in the mean time.. is there one of those slick DIY sunroof diag/repair pages hidden somewhere around here or an another site? Hm.. come to think of it I did not search PCar yet.. maybe something there.

In the mean time, if anyone knows and short-circuit my search.. I'll be grateful. THX!
To remove this ad, register today or login if you already are registered!

Last edited by FotoVeloce; 05-07-2007 at 01:25 AM.
FotoVeloce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:20 PM   #2
dmw
User

Default switch

I had the same issue. It was the sunroof switch. I swapped it with a new one and it works perfectly. The dealer I bought mine from from said it is common.
dmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Rennlist

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1999, bad, cayenne, clk430, issues, moonroof, motor, relay, sighns, signs, sunroof, switch, symptom, test, testing