Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Sunroof test - bad switch, relay or motor ??

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 11:40 AM
FotoVeloce
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof test - bad switch, relay or motor ??

Arg. I've run my searches but nothing helpful has popped up. My 993's sunroof was very intermitant at purchase (PPI said it was non-op). The switch was a little wonky in the feel so I took that all into consideration during purchse.

Now that it's down for suspension, tune-up, belts, some minor other bits (and one not-so-minor driver door check repair required) I want to tackle the problem of my non-op sunroof.

I understand that the zipper in the back has access to the motor but.. I don't have a clue what to start checking in there (there is a relay in there from I've read on other posts but that's about all I've been able to gather).

I'm thinking it's electrical and not the motor (since it did move a bit originally). It could have been the motor's death throws too.. maybe I'll just have the sunroof welded shut, the rain gutters shaved and the car repainted, but in the mean time.. is there one of those slick DIY sunroof diag/repair pages hidden somewhere around here or an another site? Hm.. come to think of it I did not search PCar yet.. maybe something there.

In the mean time, if anyone knows and short-circuit my search.. I'll be grateful. THX!

Last edited by FotoVeloce; 05-07-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:20 PM
dmw
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default switch

I had the same issue. It was the sunroof switch. I swapped it with a new one and it works perfectly. The dealer I bought mine from from said it is common.

Quick Reply: Sunroof test - bad switch, relay or motor ??