Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Anyone know anything @ Autoworks Int. in PA??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Patrick Krause
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know anything @ Autoworks Int. in PA??

They have a 993 that I want to look at. I did a search and nothing came up on them here.
Any ideas??
Thanks,
PK
Old 10-05-2004, 10:57 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

PK,
I never heard of them. I do know a lot of P-car guys in the area. What are you in the need of?
T
Old 10-06-2004, 12:22 AM
Patrick Krause
Advanced

Hey Tony...thanks for the help. I'm looking for a 97 or 98 993 Coupe with under 50k miles. I have a friend with a wholesale brokers license so I can pick up a car at the Manhiem auctions, but I won't have the option of doing a ppi. The cars out there usually go for NADA wholesale, so it's a good deal.
I've been looking for a while...
PK
Old 10-06-2004, 12:33 AM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Patrick,
I used the search engine under porsche.com and after a few months found what I was looking for at Brandywine Porsche. The site only lists dealer cars but in my opinion, the extra price is worth the chance to do a PPI and if your lucky like me, a Porsche 2 year warranty. I paid 65K in April for a '96 TT with 48K miles. The wholesale was around 60k but I did get the warranty. I did have the gear box rebuilt under warranty and while the dealer was in there I put in a new clutch. Keep looking and be patient. Do you know Dave Coughlin? If you find a car for private sale, call Dougherty Automotive in West Chester PA and ask for Bill Dougherty. Tell him Tony Scalies suggested you call and schedule them to do a PPI. There are not cheap, but to me it is good insurance from an unbiased source.
Good Luck,
T
Old 10-06-2004, 12:49 AM
Patrick Krause
Advanced

Hey Tony...Thanks again. I'll let you know what happens. If I get the chance to do a ppi, I'll use your source.
Nice grab on the TT. My wfe wants me to wait on a turbo until after she gets her car...our garages will look the same, minus the TT...she wants a Cayenne S.
Are you driving the TT daily?
PK

Quick Reply: Anyone know anything @ Autoworks Int. in PA??