Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Schmitt Motorcars Strikes Again

Old 01-28-2013, 07:31 AM
Silvertarga
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

In Schmitts case the apple really does not fall far from the tree...his father...Charles Schmitt (who actually was an authorized Rolls Royce dealer for a brief period back in the 1970s) has a similar reputation..both are major investors in bondo and bs..
Old 01-28-2013, 10:51 AM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Yes, Silvertarga, you caused my "Wayback Machine" to recall those glowing ads Charles Schmitt used to post in Hemmings Motor News ads...He could describe dog poop and make you want to buy it!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:26 AM
Steve.nl
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daniel Schmitt Porsche

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
Sorry to hear of your travails. Please post photos when you can. Since you're new to Rennlist, you'll have to go to the test forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...blems-here-75/) to increase your post count before you can upload photos. Not sure of the minimum required; John D. (Rennlist founder) said that three posts are needed to post links and to access PM's.
Not very clever from me. I bought the car too fast. Click, Click and it was bought.
I wil sell the car again on ebay, with all the "real" information and pictures.
Hopely everybody notice not to buy from Daniel Schmitt Classic Cars & Co !
Old 09-01-2014, 06:07 PM
53mercury79
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....and Schmitt is still in business. I was interested in two of their cars, Nashes, actually, slightly removed in desirabilty from Porsches, I'll admit. I've wasted my fair share of time on flying daytrips to vintage-vehicle dealers over a 30+ years of collecting on a small scale. Somehow I hoped this dealership might be different. Looks like Schmitt might be the all-time worse, even if it is somehow still selling. I've never read so much negativity, over a span of time of more than a decade, about any business, a car dealer or any other kind of business. Thanks for the help in bringing to my senses.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:48 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

I live near his auto complex, a series of old storefronts and buildings acquired over the years. It's on a busy road near the airport. The caliber of cars on the backlot can be truly frightening. But give them a week and they show up in the front. The Schmitt local reputation is "legendary". Too bad the internet clientele doesn't know what we do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Schmitt Motorcars Strikes Again