Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Best place to get PPI in Northern California?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2004, 04:49 AM
edd1e22
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place to get PPI in Northern California?

I'm looking for a shop to do a PPI in the N. Cal area. How much do these usually cost and how long do they take? Is a dealership a better choice or aftermarket place? Also, can a dealer be held liable for the PPI in case something goes wrong? If not, wouldn't there be a chance that they basically let the car sit for a few days and then call you and tell you it's clean? Sorry if these seem like newbie questions as this will be my first car. Thanks
Old 04-19-2004, 11:17 PM
BlkC4S
Instructor

If you click on the search button and enter PPI and Bay area, you should get plenty of results.

ViperBob would be a good choice.

I had my PPI and some subsequent service done by Tony Heyer @ Heyer Performance. I'd also recommend Tony. I think the PPI was around $200 and maybe 2-3 hours.

I did a PPI on a car that I ended up not buying done at Modderman. I'd recommend them as well.

There's a lot of feedback on
this page

I would not recommend using any of the Bay Area Porsche dealers for service or a PPI.
Old 04-20-2004, 02:01 AM
Cannock
Addict
Rennlist Member

Depending on where you live there is several places in the area. Tillman’s in Santa Rosa, SCARGO in San Rafael or Ignacio Motorsports in Novato are all good private Porsche repair shops that will offer a professional PPI at a much cheaper price than the dealer.

Shawn
Old 04-20-2004, 03:28 AM
Shmurzik
Addict
Rennlist Member

Akkurat in Menlo Park are pretty cool. They checked out nile13's car before he bought it - ask him what he thought. His might be an extreme case though - I think he kept them on the phone for like four hours

Quick Reply: Best place to get PPI in Northern California?