Sponsored by:

Atlanta PEC Delivery 226

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 12:19 AM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 668 Posts
Default Atlanta PEC Delivery 226

Last week I took delivery of my 991.2 C2 at the Atlanta PEC. Overall the experience was enjoyable and worthwhile. In my case, it substituted for delivery in Germany, which was not possible for a number of reasons.

As others have described, our schedule started with lunch, followed by a tour (facility, gallery-museum, customer cars in for Porsche Classic service), new car delivery, and driving experience. All this was scheduled for 12:30 to 5:30.

We arrived about an hour early. This gave us time to prowl the Porsche shop (not possible during our scheduled agenda), grab coffee at the cafe, and watch cars on the track. I would definitely recommend arriving early (and "wander" down to the museum if you really want time to look at the cars).

Lunch was pleasant, at a relaxed pace. We indulged in appetizers, entrees, and dessert--but no alcohol, with driving to come. A note: the Porsche tab for lunch covers up to $100 (we ran just a bit over, and added a tip for our server).

The tour was really too rushed for anything more than "here is this", especially in the museum. And of course, I was getting anxious to see my new car.

The car intro felt special, and with some fun touches to add a bit of drama and personalization. But much of the time went to digital connectivity, both before seeing the car, and during the introduction. While it was helpful to get some initial setup done, and have my iphone connected, it did make me wonder about how far we have gone towards a computer-entertainment system with car attached, even for Porsche.

My wife and I shared the driving experience. For her, it was a chance to try out the 991 and manual transmission with little pressure (not our car, and not me trying to coach). For me it was a short time on the fun handling track, and the artificial challenges (kick plate and wet skid circle). As I mentioned in another thread, the driving experience probably suits intermediate drivers best.

While we were on the track, my new car went on a photo tour around PEC, and the final gift bag included a USB drive with glamour shots.

When done, we met the transport driver who took our car to Shine Auto Salon for Xpel installation (and they did a great job).

If I could recommend some changes, I would give owners the option of arriving in the morning, and provide a facility tour. Then provide "free time" before and after lunch for a self-paced visit to the museum, gallery, and shop.

A few logistical observations and suggestions:

We stayed at the Atlanta Gateway Marriott. This is on the airport sky train to the rental car center, and if not fancy is quite comfortable. The Marriott also has a parking garage. While not truly secure, the garage provides indoor parking and some seclusion for a new car. (Note that Porsche has a hotel under construction adjacent to PEC that should open by late 2017.)

The PEC is adjacent to the airport, and almost directly below one of the main flight paths. The surrounding neighborhood, Hapeville, looks interesting and partially rejuvenated. We noticed a Thai restaurant and some other food options, but did not explore.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:37 AM
Shine Auto Salon
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind mentions! We are happy you had a pleasant experience here in Atlanta and with our shop.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:53 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 14 Posts

Sweet car.....thanks for the write up.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:04 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 708 Likes on 323 Posts

Congrats! Thank you for sharing this!
Old 03-15-2017, 10:08 PM
GTOWN83
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for sharing, congratulations. Terrific pictures.

Quick Reply: Atlanta PEC Delivery 226