Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment Quality Upon Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 05:12 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Yeah, the Austin dealer is a tad high but between their great alignment guy (we've talked before), their top quality alignment equipment, tire removal equipment, and a road force balancer I just use them now as my de facto wheel and tire installation shop and I'm comfortable with the small splurge.

One detail that really sold me on them was how cleanly he removes the old weights and how cleanly he installs the new ones. My current wheels have a couple of gouges in the barrel from whatever crap shop the prior owner used and the way they gouged off some weights prior to my ownership. Irks me each time I see it. One day I'm going to repair and respray the freakin' barrel just to fix it.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:15 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by AviBen
Thanks, but, actually, my issue isn't so much about which specs they follow, as to be sure that the car is actually "IN" spec for whatever the factory settings are supposed to be -- in other words, that the QUALITY of the alignment (rather than the choice of setup) is spot on. (I'm aware that different setups are possible for different purposes.)
Highly confident that it will be in spec and to your liking. Will be street oriented of course.

Only time I've seen people get new cars aligned is for track use (mine is getting done next week). And in these cases the original alignment is fine just not what people want for their particular preference on handling, tire wear, etc. To your point - not a quality issues, but a personal taste issue.

Quick Reply: Alignment Quality Upon Delivery?