Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing our all new VTP 991 polyureathane rear diffuser

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 12:23 AM
studlee
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would like to know how this is mounted on the car before I purchase.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:32 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

No offense but why would anyone purchase without knowing not only how it attaches but whether it's a quality piece. It's cheaper than the ones out there but not free. This is also going on the back of your car where maybe it won't improve handling but could harm it if it's not right. And I did not see any comment that it attaches with 2 sided tape but if it does its definitely not worth buying. Not in that area of the car. This isn't mirror trim.

Last edited by Penn4S; 02-24-2017 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:40 AM
nycpassat
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Why would anyone purchase without knowing not only how it attaches but whether it's a quality piece. It's cheaper than the ones out there but not free. And I did not see any comment that it attaches with 2 sided tape but if it does its definitely not worth buying. Not in that area of the car.
Look at the last photo
Old 02-24-2017, 01:22 AM
Franko T
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 76 Posts

You almost had me sold until I saw the TAPE

No way that will hold up if your doing 100MPH+

Next you know its in someones windshield with a lawsuit on your hands.

Please go back to the drawing board and make with some form of screw attachment.
Old 02-24-2017, 02:26 AM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The diffuser mounts with both 3M double sided tape and screws it is a very high quality polyurethane piece that fits over the existing plastic diffuser and no need to remove the original black trim.

We have sold hundreds of rear diffusers for 996,997, 991 Turbo and Boxster models and have not had one come off. Porsche, GMC and most car manufacturers use 3M industrial strength double sided tape to attach rocker panels and other exterior parts on their cars.

We also use it on our front bumper spoiler lips and the 3M double sided tape holds up very, very well.

We ship around the world the cost to ship to Hong Kong is $91.00
Old 02-24-2017, 06:28 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

We are working on narrow body side rocker panels and should be available in the middle of summer they will be very similar to the Tekart style.
Old 02-26-2017, 06:22 AM
dannysf
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a large aftermarket CF diffuser on my SLK55 that is held on with double sided tape along with rivets and a screw. Zero issues. It's not going anywhere. I wouldn't hesitate to put this on my soon to be 991.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:09 AM
alikhan78
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested but would like to see some pictures showing the rear from a distance. The current pictures are way too close and don't give a good idea on how the diffuser would look. Also +1 on installation information. You mentioned you need screws, how many screws, are they provided, and where do they go?
Old 02-28-2017, 02:15 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by alikhan78
I'm interested but would like to see some pictures showing the rear from a distance. The current pictures are way too close and don't give a good idea on how the diffuser would look. Also +1 on installation information. You mentioned you need screws, how many screws, are they provided, and where do they go?
Ditto. I want to go see them in person, but before I make the half hour trip I'd like to know the answers to the questions above as well.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:15 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Hello Rennlisters, As for the attachment, our piece mounts through out the top bumper flanges with the same industrial 3M double sided tape OEM units mount with, but also use adhesion promoter ampules to double the strength of the bond (always provided for you with the purchase of all our poly products.) As an added measure of securing the unit for high speeds, the bottom tips mount securely to the bottom of your rear bumper with screws (also provided.) We actually pre fitted them on perfect cars with our friends from our local Porsche Dealership. And on several cars for consistency and aesthetics. The pictures we showed in the sale are actually from there. As for seeing a picture of the unit installed from a distance, we will have another car coming in this week for an installation. We will take the photos for you to get those views as well. The difference it makes is incredible. But you will see for yourselves. So stay tuned for those pics later this week. As always, we are at your service and thank you.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:29 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Hello All! To answer Valvefoat991 if the unit creates any real harm. Of coarse not. The lower part of the diffuser is contoured to match the edges of your OEM rear bumper. Means, no issues with exhaust, oil changes, etc. The edges of the diffuser mount on the bottom of your bumper to provide additional security on the unit as well.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:42 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Whoever takes a look at it let us know. Interested in knowing if it looks like a quality piece too.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:21 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,116 Likes on 666 Posts

. . .
Old 02-28-2017, 11:38 PM
gbree
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Tek
We are working on narrow body side rocker panels and should be available in the middle of summer they will be very similar to the Tekart style.
Noooooooo. Make them attach like the stock pieces. You will get so many more customers. No one likes that side skirt that leaves the straight line across the side of the car.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:05 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm surprised at the level of interest in something the looks like a diffuser but isn't. Normally we cast out rice rocket bolt ons... that look the part but do nothing.

I'd rather pay double for a diffuser that diffuses. In the minority it seems.

Any plans on making something wind tunnel tested that starts under the engine?

Quick Reply: Introducing our all new VTP 991 polyureathane rear diffuser