Sponsored by:

Child seats for a Porsche 991.1 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 06:05 AM
Maverick1983
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Child seats for a Porsche 991.1 Cabriolet

Hello everyone! Freshly minted member, but loooong time fan of the 911, here.

I'm considering a lightly used 991 Cabriolet 2, and need some advice on what child seats will fit the rear. (Forward facing for a ~3 year old child, <20 kg, normal height)

I've seen some discussion threads here that list out the following as good fits for the 991 Coupe:

- Porsche Junior
- Recaro ProSport
- Britax Boulevard 70

Can anyone confirm that these fit the Cabriolet too? The rear seats space "appears" less than a coupe - is that right?
Any usage experiences to share?

Thanks in advance!
Michael
Old 02-22-2017, 08:19 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,574 Posts

There is a hugely comprehensive thread here, if I wasn't on a mobile device I'd search for it. It's at least a dozen pages long. No need to rehash, it includes cab seats.

Having said that, you are correct, the rear seat area on a cab is smaller. The backrest squab is more upright, and there is less width. I'm glad my daughter is 6 and doesn't require a harness seat. It would be a tight squeeze.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:51 AM
Maverick1983
Track Day

Thank you @Needsdecaf. Yes, I'm trawling the threads but confident responses on what fits a 991 Cabriolet rear seats, are rare.

That being said, just found this option from MaxiCosi which looks great!

P.S. your "Purchase and Build Thread" is great!
Old 02-22-2017, 01:35 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

I'm not sure on the Recaro anymore - a lot of the time a model will fit but then be rereleased a year later bigger and better... except not better for us 911 owners.

The Cosco highback is one that many say work.

I have one in the back of mine that was a good fit in terms of dimensions and size but the seatbelt / latch connection is quite high in the seat so with how far forward the seatbelt sits it floats around. Latch isn't any better. If either one connected in at the bottom of the seat instead of midway up I'd have no issues at all! So it's legal but I really don't like the movement and wouldn't recommend it. I'll probably replace it soon but we have a big SUV so it's far from an everyday issue. It's not one mentioned in the threads, it was just the smallest one at BabiesRUs.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:38 PM
andrewlim
Cruisin'

Default Radian Diono

RadianRXT Diono

I have a 991 coupe, and this fit well (but tight). I have a 4 year old, and probably could have used a booster, but wanted the protection of a 5 point harness. I have tried 5 different seats, and this was the clear winner.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:37 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,574 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewlim
RadianRXT Diono

I have a 991 coupe, and this fit well (but tight). I have a 4 year old, and probably could have used a booster, but wanted the protection of a 5 point harness. I have tried 5 different seats, and this was the clear winner.
This is just about the thinnest, narrowest harness seat on the market. Used to the Sunshine Radian.

Quick Reply: Child seats for a Porsche 991.1 Cabriolet