Sponsored by:

Let's play that yiu have to give up one option and

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 11:17 PM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Let's play that yiu have to give up one option and

If you had to give up ONE option (think Porsche configurator when you built your car), and had to live without it...which would it be?

Second question is, which ONE option would you add now, if it was magically possible (something you're sorely missing and regret not ordering) - it has to be in the same price ballpark as the one you're giving up.

For me, I would give up ACC for a full leather interior.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:44 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 400 Posts

I've been a CPO owner for the last 3 years.

One option I would not have checked if I was placing an order today would be the lighted carbon fibre door seals. Neat yes...... required no.

One option I was playing around with on one of the loaners I've driven is the radar assisted cruise control. Don't know if it was available when my car was produced but it is a really cool option that would come in handy burning up the miles on the interstates.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:49 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 682 Likes on 476 Posts

Not a completely even trade, but I went back and forth on PSE and considered leaving it off along with the 20" RS wheels for full Leather, but didn't.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:02 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wish I got wing and/or full leather.

Tough to give anything up--pretty base car as GTS' go. Only option was premium plus. Not giving that up!
Old 02-22-2017, 01:18 AM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

1. I'd choose sunroof delete if I could.
2. Add ducktail

I also wouldn't mind trying RWS if I could add it to my .1. I didn't order my car though, bought it cpo so I didn't really have a full choice of options.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:16 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

I'd delete the radio and add a PTS color.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:19 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

I wouldn't give up anything. I spent thousands of hours configuring my car so I got it just about right.

If forced, I would give up the MF steering wheel and add the Brushed black metal trim. The cheap plastic does not look great next to a full two tone leather interior.

Options that would need to be pried from my cold dead hands..(in order) PSE, SC and full leather.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:16 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

I would give up Burmester and would like the 18 ways, although more seat time would be needed to confirm.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:30 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 682 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
I would give up Burmester and would like the 18 ways, although more seat time would be needed to confirm.
Interesting. Can you elaborate on the reasons?
Old 02-22-2017, 09:07 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Mine is CPO and had a couple of options already on it.

I would give up the aluminum-look fuel cap. Not sure what option I would add - maybe front and rear sensors, the rear camera. I miss the front and rear sensors that I had on my first 991S.

I know that isn't nearly the same price range. Maybe I could give up PSP and a painted key, too. Not much else I would want to give up - I am really happy with the few options that I do have on the car.

---

If I was ordering new, I would have traded the black (which I love) for Sapphire Blue (which I lust after). I am very happy with the black, though. Very classy look.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:10 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

I'm not giving up anything. I've custom ordered a few Porsches, and have gotten pretty good at what I want.

Would like to add either lighted door sills or leather wrapped steering column.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:19 AM
Brantley847
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I wouldn't give up anything. I spent thousands of hours configuring my car so I got it just about right.

If forced, I would give up the MF steering wheel and add the Brushed black metal trim. The cheap plastic does not look great next to a full two tone leather interior.

Options that would need to be pried from my cold dead hands..(in order) PSE, SC and full leather.
SC, really? PSE absolutely and while I don't like paying nearly 5k for something (full leather) that should be standard in a 100k dollar car..I couldn't give it up.

However, I keep trying to convince myself to keep the SC on my build. I will most likely use launch control once or twice a year at best. The mounted switch on the steer wheel is kinda cool, but that with the dynamic mounts seems like an underwhelming package for 3k. I will admit, however, the dash looks very strange without it. What motivates you to keep it?
Old 02-22-2017, 10:44 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,141 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by Brantley847
SC, really? PSE absolutely and while I don't like paying nearly 5k for something (full leather) that should be standard in a 100k dollar car..I couldn't give it up.

However, I keep trying to convince myself to keep the SC on my build. I will most likely use launch control once or twice a year at best. The mounted switch on the steer wheel is kinda cool, but that with the dynamic mounts seems like an underwhelming package for 3k. I will admit, however, the dash looks very strange without it. What motivates you to keep it?

You have a pdk....that is the difference. I have a manual and love the rev matching.

I'm also an engineering geek so I like the G force meter. (yes I know it is a gimmick). I also like the improved throttle response and PSE sound that SC offers. I also play around with the performance screen and download car data from the USB port (can only do this with SC ICW infotainment). Clock isn't bad either. I like it.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:50 AM
Brantley847
Advanced

Originally Posted by subshooter
You have a pdk....that is the difference. I have a manual and love the rev matching.

I'm also an engineering geek so I like the G force meter. (yes I know it is a gimmick). I also like the improved throttle response and PSE sound that SC offers. I also play around with the performance screen and download car data from the USB port (can only do this with SC ICW infotainment). Clock isn't bad either. I like it.
I agree 100%, there are some elements that check off boxes in the "cool" factor with the SC. I am just approaching my desired price ceiling and 3k adds a lot of decent options. I will probably still go for it because it is one of those options I could see us regretting if we did not...
Old 02-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Double_J
Instructor

I don't know if this counts, but if forced I would give up heated seats and steering wheel (I'm a coupe owner).

The 991 is my weekend car, is kept in the garage, and sleeps during the winter so it's rarely out when it gets cold enough to make those items worthwhile. Would not be much of a sacrifice to me (and I like everything else as-is).

One option I would go back and get? Probably the LED lights. I'd like sport exhaust but it's not too bad to add after the initial build. Headlights OTOH are one of those things that are tough to change after the fact. The swap is always way expensive and I can never convince myself that the bang for the buck is there.

Quick Reply: Let's play that yiu have to give up one option and