Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too adventurous?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 09:48 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,199 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Can't argue that a blue dash limits resale.

One of those things that you have to love, resale be damned. If you are ambivalent, pass.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:24 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by GregD
Fair enough, tastes and stuff..and your car, your rules :-) but you are limiting your market somewhat. I like it more than a red dash/wheel, but I find colored dashes hideous - just my personal opinion and feel free to ignore me but i'm pretty sure I'm not totally alone in that - screams 80s Mercedes - and I own an orange bimmer and used to own a fjord green 356 so colors don't scare me. But a colored steering wheel and dash makes me pass on a car every time :-)
You and I are in complete agreement. I always loved the idea of silver-over-red 911s, but for decades the only way to get that was with EVERYTHING being red, like they had opened the door once the interior was installed and shot every last surface with red paint. My wife's "dowery car", the one she brought into our marriage at age 21, was an '82 Chevy Celebrity, beige over burgundy. It had that all-or-nothing red interior. Seatbelts, dash, wheel, headliner, carpets, rubber mats, every last surface inside that car. I can never get over it!

Fortunately, black can now be added to the appropriate places with relative ease in a Porsche, and I was all in this time around.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:23 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,731 Likes on 4,763 Posts

It's not more adventurous than silver with red interior and top.

Whether you will get tired of it, is really a personal issue/decision only you can answer.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:31 PM
jsaviano
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a rhodium silver 991 with yachting blue interior. I think it a great combination. Rhodium deviated stitching would be a nice addition. Maybe the new graphite blue would work ..?

Quick Reply: Too adventurous?