991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3M PPF

Old 02-20-2017, 04:37 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

I would be careful about work done in other than a controlled environment. Extreme Colors in Greenville, SC does the work in a room where dust and other particles are limited and the room is washed down every evening.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:49 PM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary JR
I would be careful about work done in other than a controlled environment. Extreme Colors in Greenville, SC does the work in a room where dust and other particles are limited and the room is washed down every evening.
I thought about that too but these guys do some pretty high end stuff. I can't get the FB link to post (RS Auto Detailing) but they do Ferraris, Lambos, vintage unobtanium cars (think they wrapped a vintage Maserati Le Mans car at one point).
Old 02-20-2017, 04:54 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
My installer also made the switch from Expel to 3M. Wonder if we used the same installer(s). I used a guy named Rocco out of Rocky Hill who outsources to some local folks but he oversees all the work. They do the work from his house and save a bunch on overhead costs.
Good to know. I will probably get the specifics from you if I need some work done in CT. My installer is in PA near where I am for work every few weeks. Sun and Shade in Collegeville, PA specifically.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:44 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
Needsdecaf, is the matte appearance more noticeable in person? Maybe it's the quality of the pic on my computer but I cannot tell any difference between above the line and below the line. But I agree having the line on the hood kind of sucks, I had that on my M3 but lived with it for the protection.
It's matte in person because it's scratched. But it's very noticeable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 3M PPF