Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built Porsche Tough - Tijuana Mexico Adventures

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 09:10 PM
ericmeds
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Good radar detector/jammer + Waze and you can do anything you want in the good ol' USA.

Maybe also a cop shield from a friend.

Originally Posted by Franko T
I don't think you realize how fun it is actually driving there, and not worrying about getting busted for going 10 MPH over the speed limit, or getting a reckless. Curvy roads, your own personal race track at nights. The free way roads are NOT bad, comparable to midwest roads, its just the small streets that suck.

The roads in the US are extremely boring and SAFE, constantly worrying about a cop in the corner trying to hit you with a $500 ticket. Cops there got better things to do, such as getting tacos :-)

You actually get to use your car, and not granny shift it. Your alert, your alive, cause YES danger is everywhere.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:16 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Name:  photo859.jpg
Views: 1435
Size:  766.4 KB
Old 02-01-2017, 10:28 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
It's about time! Now we can drive down there worry-free!
Old 02-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Franko T
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 76 Posts

deleted

Last edited by Franko T; 02-01-2017 at 11:33 PM. Reason: delete
Old 02-01-2017, 11:23 PM
STG
Race Director

Franko, you're killing us!

Techno music and flying by cars at 100MPH+ and risking an accident in Mexico??

http://youtu.be/xFLLes4UXuc
Old 02-01-2017, 11:29 PM
Franko T
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 76 Posts

First I didn't drive, and unknown person

But not to get in trouble I decided best to delete the video. We don't need any heat.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:30 PM
pfan
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Hope you've got mucho dinero to bribe the cop that nails you.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:39 PM
LnC993
Pro

Received 164 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Hurricane
It's about time! Now we can drive down there worry-free!

But how are we going to get through the Wall?
Old 02-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
LOL
Old 02-02-2017, 01:32 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
LOL!

Trump should make Franko T the new ambassador to Mexico; imagine the shenanigans once Franko has diplomatic immunity!
Old 02-02-2017, 01:33 PM
STG
Race Director

First I didn't drive, and unknown person

But not to get in trouble I decided best to delete the video. We don't need any heat.

Oh Franko, scared of the hombres down there?

I want to see more 150 mph Mexican run videos.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:53 PM
GTSwest
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

I invite everyone to Baja California, it's a beautiful place.
beautiful 991 and scenic photos, post them in "lets see your recent drive pic's"
Old 02-04-2017, 02:50 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by bossboy302
Let's see...driving a white 991 through drug cartel country, with no spare tire, to meet a gal he's met online.

Absolutely certifiable!!
That is not the best decision on what to do with my Porsche I've seen. No WAY I'd do it.

Originally Posted by STG
Russian Roulette

https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...l-warning.html

"U.S. citizens have been murdered in carjacking and highway robberies, most frequently at night and on isolated roads. Carjackers use a variety of techniques, including roadblocks, bumping/moving vehicles to force them to stop, and running vehicles off the road at high speeds. There are indications that criminals target newer and larger vehicles, but drivers of old sedans and buses coming from the United States are also targeted. U.S. government personnel are prohibited from intercity travel after dark in many areas of Mexico. U.S. citizens should use toll roads (cuotas) whenever possible. In remote areas, cell phone coverage is limited or non-existent."
Yes I was down in Laredo in 2012 visiting the border as part of a rotation with UT-Laredo and still remember the armed US Customs/Border patrol guys who had to accompany us to the border to meet our Mexican counterparts. Nothing gets your attention like a guy with a scoped M16 on overwatch...and I am military and I was like WTF??
Originally Posted by jimbo1111
The guy has *****. Just let him be.
Yes just hope he doesn't have those same cajones removed and placed someplace else as the cartel likes to do!

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
Franko of is correct. Sometimes the media over plays a situation. People are creatures of of habit and believe what is force fed to them through media. I'm sure the situation is a little daring for most television watcher but the truth is somewhere in between. If I were his age and with the means I would probably be riding shotgun. I've done a few tours to the DR in my day so I know what this entails. it's a rebellion on the main stream mindset. Bin there and done it. 90% chance he will be back to reality soon as he's done with the the rebellion. OP, enjoy it till it's done. Only happens for a short time.
This whole thing is nuts....no way I'd do it. Don't care how young and free and footloose i am. Also to see some seniorita? HELL NO! She's great until one day you get setup and ambushed on your little jaunt to see her either by her or someone else who sees you as a rich Gringo/american so to speak. This is just nuts...I mean the state dept doesn't even recommend going outside of most resort areas in Mexico currently and US military personnel can't even cross the border on non-official business to include personal travel anymore cause the govt cannot provide update and garanteed lists of which resorts are clear and which ones are not/hazardous to Americans. Nope as my my said "God loves fools and children" to me after I did similar driving around Jamacia at night on a motorbike alone to go to a club and enjoy myself! Nothing happened but it would have been easy enough to disappear if someone wanted to. Its not your turf dude and alot of things down there are just bad if not scary. Its all good till its very bad my friend..and then its too late often.
Fuel cost about $3.20 a gallon, and I don't put that crap in my car. God knows what's in it. Get gas in SD, 91 shell or chevron

I live in Mexico, so the drive is about 30 min without traffic from where I go. I live in a beach town, Rosarito, where all you gringos live, yes there is more of us!
Night drives are the best, few cars on the road, some Twisties and long stretches, it's your own personal race track...when smooth usually cruising 90 plus. Nothing beats driving and not stressing, what if I get popped, that feeling is gone and your enjoy driving.... Not reckless but sporty

Cops see my car all the time, no problems, just don't have tint, that's all they care about. They have check points randomly, and they make you blow into their face or hand. I don't drink, so no worries. Everyone including the police make comments how they like the car.

​​​​
Ah you live there...that gives you some additional amount of protection and familiarity that wasn't said before. Cops are your friends down there until they aren't and the cartel and criminal element you're still what we call in the hood "a mark!" Unless you got lots of either cash, guns, connections to all forms of "protection" so to speak you're still at risk. Remember many of the victims of all the violence down there have been ah Mexican who also LIVED there! Violence doesn't discriminate even down there. Good luck with your exploits. I still am afraid you'll need it at some point I still think if your exploits continue!
Old 02-04-2017, 07:41 AM
cajerseyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

White Porsche 991, lives in Mexico. Not worried about driving there. Hmm. Anyone else thinking that HE is in a cartel and completely protected?

C'mon OP. Admit it. Give us a "say hello to mi lill friend".
Old 03-13-2017, 02:09 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

https://www.publimetro.com.mx/mx/ciu...le-asalto.html

Quick Reply: Built Porsche Tough - Tijuana Mexico Adventures