Sponsored by:

Key Memory

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 04:46 PM
stevewilm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key Memory

I have a new 991.2 and programmed the key memory to save the comfort settings. I was under the impression (obviously mistaken) that it would memorize the last A/C settings. Now every time I get in the car it reverts to the A/C settings I set. There doesn't seem to be a way I the manual to "clear" the key settings. Has anyone else had this problem. I guess I could always use the other key, but there has got to be an easier way.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:05 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 197 Likes on 116 Posts

I'm pretty sure I follow what you're saying. The key does memorize the comfort settings that you most recently set into the memory by using the button on the door, coded to each key separately. The seating position and the AC will automatically revert to the set positions each time the car is started. The memory will not revert to the AC or seating position that you last used in the car (if you changed them while driving) once you leave the car.
For example, if the key memory is set to 72 degrees, the car will automatically revert to that temp each time you start the car, even if you manually changed it to 74 the previous time you drove it.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:11 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Do you have Entry and Drive? If you do, you can set car to remember you last settings by going into the MFD and set car to remember your last setting after exiting and locking door.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:21 PM
stevewilm
Instructor

Yes, mb1. Can be a pain in coastal NC where the weather was down to 20 one day this week and 75 yeaterday. I do have entry and drive, but didn't see the setting. Is it under door locking?
Old 01-14-2017, 05:25 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhaps you can deactivate the auto memory function in the MFD:

Name:  photo414.jpg
Views: 3302
Size:  585.2 KB

Name:  photo214.jpg
Views: 3252
Size:  646.2 KB

Name:  photo880.jpg
Views: 3215
Size:  437.5 KB

This can be found in the Good To Know App
Old 01-14-2017, 05:31 PM
stevewilm
Instructor

The auto memory should do it. Thanks for all the help. I guess I didn't dive deep enough into the MFD menu!
Old 01-15-2017, 08:29 AM
JR956678
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by stevewilm
The auto memory should do it. Thanks for all the help. I guess I didn't dive deep enough into the MFD menu!
If you find things you have set mysteriously changing consider that auto memory might be the reason.

Auto memory will save not only the AC settings - but everything else that can be saved to the key (including things like seat position, steering wheel position, Multifunction Display settings, etc). So if Auto memory is enabled and a service tech changes the seat position, the new position will be saved, losing your old settings. At least the seat (and mirror) positions can be saved not only to the key but also to memory 1 and / or memory 2 so you can get them back.

Similarly, if you have auto memory disabled and you make certain changes and find they revert to the old settings the next time you start the car, it may be that you have to manually save the changes to the key after you make them. I had to reprogram my Multifunction Display at least a half dozen times before I learned this.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:33 PM
stevewilm
Instructor

I thought I remembered seeing it initially, but the auto memory setting is missing. All I show under locking menu is unlocking (drivers or both), locking (drive away), and comfort entry. Is there something I'm missing? Does the key selection override this option?
Old 01-15-2017, 01:42 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

I now have two Porsches with Entry and Drive with the system and for the life of me can't figure out how to make it work.

Also, is there a way to have only partial comfort entry on the 911 like on the Cayenne? I want the wheel to raise, but don't want the seat to slide back lest I crush my son.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:49 PM
stevewilm
Instructor

Latest Update - There is no auto memory setting on my MFD under the locking menu. Although its referenced in the manual. According to the Porsche rep, if I use my key for some time (rather than the dummy) it should remember the last comfort settings. Don't believe it, but giving it a try. Any 991.2 owners with entry and drive have the auto memory option?
Old 02-20-2017, 01:41 PM
LionelB
Burning Brakes

Received 365 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by stevewilm
Latest Update - There is no auto memory setting on my MFD under the locking menu. Although its referenced in the manual. According to the Porsche rep, if I use my key for some time (rather than the dummy) it should remember the last comfort settings. Don't believe it, but giving it a try. Any 991.2 owners with entry and drive have the auto memory option?
Reviving this thread. I was looking at using the auto memory function and while this feature used to be there when I first got my 991.2 it seems to have disappeared, most likely after the dealer made some sort of PCM upgrade.....
Old 02-20-2017, 04:05 PM
stevewilm
Instructor

My dealer hasn't been able to get an answer form the Porsche rep other than to pickup the car and check the programming. No confirmation that the auto memory should be there. Not sure if I want to go through the hassle since I'm sure they will come back and say everything's correct.
Old 02-21-2017, 05:59 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

I have a brand new 991.2 with 18 way and no entry and drive. The auto store feature is not present in the MFD menu (I did have it in my Cayman).

My problem is, I can set 1, and set 2, but when I press set "key" the light on the set button stays on and the setting won't save to the key. Every time I get I the car, I have to press and hold 1 or 2.

I have an appointment next week with the dealer. They already checked the car and couldn't find the cause.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:58 PM
stevewilm
Instructor

I'm not sure that the key settings will work without entry and drive. Did it on your Cayman?
Old 02-21-2017, 07:06 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

I always selected the "autostore" option with my Cayman. As I said, I've already been to the dealer and they believe there's a defect with my car. I'll update this thread when I get my car back next week.

Quick Reply: Key Memory