Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does your coolant look like?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 08:44 PM
luckylou
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does your coolant look like?

Hi guys! My first post here and I'll start with a question. What is the color of your coolant looking down into your reservoir? I have a 2013 C2S with 41k miles on the clock and was shocked looking into the reservoir to see it extremely low and copper brown in color! After looking online it seems like the lifetime coolant we use is prone to getting brownish, but I'm curious if someone has a similar looking coolant color? And is this normal?

On a side note. How frequent do you guys need to top up your coolant? I've owned the car for 3k miles and I'm new to the quirks, and habits these cars have.

Thanks
Louie
Old 01-07-2017, 10:57 PM
john45in
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Check where the top of the red bobber is located. If it is in the opening toward the front of the car, add mix (50% Porsche coolant, 50% distilled water) until the bobber top is centered or towards the rear of the car.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:03 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 400 Posts

It's actually pinkish in color.

The black reservoir makes it look different.

I'm a little OCD since I'm a high miler so I've topped it off twice in 3 years. Probably not more then 10 oz total.

I use a 50/50 mix of this to top it off since it is available local to me. http://www.pentosin.net/specsheets/Pentofrost_++.pdf
Old 01-08-2017, 01:29 AM
RoWa
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

When I looked at the liuid in the reservoir of mine, the fluid looked brown. I got a straw and pipetted some out and put the liquid on clean white paper towel. The liquid was pink, like it should be. The muddy look in the reservoir is likely just an artifact of the plastic and the reservoir location.

Quick Reply: What does your coolant look like?