Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got screamed at this morning

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 12:29 PM
socalpcarfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In daily driving , my Porsche is far from being the fastest... but it sure as hell the loudest
Old 01-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
It's always easy to spot the Corvette guys!

8 over in a 25 is a lot. But you knew this already. Probably a school zone or a residential area. Our cars look fast and sound fast, even when parked. Haters are gunna hate.
No argument from me. Still scared the crap out of me...OK, maybe that was his point
Old 01-05-2017, 12:37 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Smile and wave, boys, smile and wave...

Seriously though, don't speed in residential areas.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:39 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

This thread reminds me of those Celica commercials.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 01-05-2017, 12:41 PM
911Königin
Rennlist Member

Received 521 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Mlbraptor
Some people just like to bitch...
+997
Old 01-05-2017, 12:46 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

^Karen, you need to "hang out" here more often.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:58 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

^Karen, you need to "hang out" here more often.
I'll second that.

@Jay-S - Slow down before you kill someone!

J/K

Dont sweat the small stuff

Last edited by Code; 01-05-2017 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:06 PM
GregD
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

happened to me a few times by the same 2 neighbors... I live up a hill so steep that second is kinda struggling, so it's generally first gear, 25 mph, loud... One day I had enough of the "slow down" and hand gestures, so I stopped... for both. Explained in a rather loud voice that I was 1 mph under the limit, in low gear, car sounds and looks fast but unless they stand here with a radar gun proving my speedo was wrong, they'd better shut up or I was going to get in their faces... offered them to call the cops and measure everyone's speed ANY DAY. I don't think I made friends but both deflated like soufflés out of the oven, and they've shut up ever since... Random people you gotta be careful with, but people you are living near, sometimes you have to stop and make a point... Same dumb guy parks his truck halfway on the street/sidewalk in a blind cresting turn. What can you do ? There're a lot of urine in the genetic pool.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:12 PM
991carreradriver
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 239 Posts

^gawd, she was hawt back then! Remember that movie well.
Time waits for no one!
Old 01-05-2017, 02:27 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay-S
for doing 33 in a 25. I was in Sport-Manual mode so I was certainly being loud. It jumpstarts your heart at 6:30 in the morning. Just glad the guy didn't jump out in front of me.
Here's a radical idea... be courteous to your neighbors at 6:30 in the friggin' morning! Turn PSE off. Be light on the throttle. Wait until you get out of the neighborhood before turning on all the toys, maybe?

Or maybe I'm just old school and today driving a Porsche really does amount to screaming "look at me!!" and who gives a **** about being courteous.

Loud exhaust at 0630 certainly does that....
Old 01-05-2017, 02:45 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

There's an obnoxious Chevy Camaro that resides somewhere in the subdivision with a loud aftermarket exhaust that I can hear inside my house. It's very irritating. He's usually never speeding.

I behave the same way in my neighborhood as I expect others to act. Low key and quiet.

If this idiot was actually waking me up at 6:30am with it, I'd be out for blood.

When I drive past pedestrians and women pushing baby strollers in my neighborhood that doesn't have sidewalks, I'm usually well under the speed limit. If I was snap, crackle, and popping at 8MPH over the limit, I'd think I deserved to be slapped with a ruler.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:55 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
There's an obnoxious Chevy Camaro that resides somewhere in the subdivision with a loud aftermarket exhaust that I can hear inside my house. It's very irritating. He's usually never speeding.

I behave the same way in my neighborhood as I expect others to act. Low key and quiet.

If this idiot was actually waking me up at 6:30am with it, I'd be out for blood.

When I drive past pedestrians and women pushing baby strollers in my neighborhood that doesn't have sidewalks, I'm usually well under the speed limit. If I was snap, crackle, and popping at 8MPH over the limit, I'd think I deserved to be slapped with a ruler.
Huh... and I thought I'd be the lone voice of dissent on this thread.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:07 PM
MinMay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

I have one of those old Corvette in my neighborhood that loves to roar his loud POS exhaust. It's so annoying...I hope that car find itself in a junk yard someday.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:10 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I live in a very quiet neighborhood with lots of walkers and joggers. No PSE, keep to under the 30mph speed limit and give a wide berth. I really don't even use PSE on the highway on the way to work when crawling in traffic, really no point.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:23 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
Huh... and I thought I'd be the lone voice of dissent on this thread.
Nope nope... it seems like many have the same thoughts. I turn PSE off in any low speed residential neighborhood and avoid snap/crackle/pop modes in shopping centers, central downtown, etc., any place where people are out on foot. In my prior 997.2, I initially retrofitted the PSE/Sharkwerks combo without the switch so it was always on. But then I quickly got uncomfortable with that and retrofitted the switch just as a courtesy to my neighbors.

Quick Reply: Got screamed at this morning