Sponsored by:

Graphite Blue / Chalk Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 04:20 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Graphite Blue / Chalk Interior

I'm placing an order for a 2017 and have decided on the exterior colour, graphite blue metallic.

But for the interior, I can't decide between agate grey or the two tone blue / chalk. I like the idea of full leather and the deviated stitching on the dash and upper door panels looks very nice.

Personally, I do prefer lighter interiors, as it gives the cabin an airier feel and looks sharp, but am concerned about wear, staining and maintenance.

Does anyone have experience with the chalk interior, with respect to upkeep and showing marks or stains, especially heavy wear areas such as the bolsters?
Old 12-13-2016, 05:00 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine has Black/Platinum grey two tone, I bought it 4 years old and it's immaculate. The two tone interiors are really nice with the deviated stitching.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:49 PM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 654 Likes on 378 Posts

I ordered a graphite blue car and initially ordered the graphite/chalk interior but changed to black after warnings of blue jean dye transfer..... others said it could be removed with cleaning and regular upkeep I just decided to go the safe route......
Old 12-13-2016, 06:32 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,200 Likes on 2,713 Posts

One issue I have with the lighter interiors are the light colored dashes. They reflect against the windshield, which can be annoying. Something to keep in mind.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
One issue I have with the lighter interiors are the light colored dashes. They reflect against the windshield, which can be annoying. Something to keep in mind.
Not something that is a problem with the graphite blue / chalk interior.
Old 12-13-2016, 06:35 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rk-d

The dash in this case is blue, I don't think it will reflect the light. The seats and door panels are chalk (light grey).
Old 12-13-2016, 06:42 PM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts

I can't comment on the upkeep of the chalk interior but I just wanted to point out that I think that color combo will look amazing!
Old 12-13-2016, 06:56 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Here is a picture of the interior, note the GT steering wheel and the Carbon Fibre.
Attached Images  
Old 12-13-2016, 06:59 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree that entire colour combo will be brilliant. I have light to very light leather colours in a lot of my cars, and even my aircraft. Both the wife and I wear jeans a lot, as we are retired and no real need to dress 'office' anymore. Yes jeans can discolour the seat bottoms, but nothing that a good leather cleaner/protector can't take care of. The worst offenders are the very dark indigo jeans, ones that have not been artificially aged. We tend to buy jeans that have been pre-washed/aged so its not really an issue. If you get the odd passenger with brand new dark jeans, no problem, as it takes many rides to see any issues on the seats. I keep leather cleaner wipes on a shelf in my garages, so it is easy just to touch up the seats.
Old 12-13-2016, 07:17 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a couple of pics of my Graphite Blue/Chalk interior. I added in the vent slats and steering wheel casing in leather. The only deviating colour stiching is on the Graphite Blue, the Chalk is all stitched in a like colour thread. I thought with a two tone interior deviating stitching on the Chalk portions would end up looking too busy. I did the Mahogany trim, as I am an old time sailer dude and I still like wood.
Attached Images   
Old 12-13-2016, 07:28 PM
quattroboy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sctanton52
The only deviating colour stiching is on the Graphite Blue, the Chalk is all stitched in a like colour thread. I thought with a two tone interior deviating stitching on the Chalk portions would end up looking too busy.

Agreed, I would say the deviated stitching looks best with darker leathers offset with a contrasting and complementing thread.

I see the seat backs are in leather too, nice.

I like your garage
Old 12-13-2016, 07:30 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by quattroboy
Here is a picture of the interior, note the GT steering wheel and the Carbon Fibre.
I want that wheel wrapped in alcantara for my 991.1!! Does anyone know if the wheel will work on a .1?
Old 12-13-2016, 07:40 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 73 Posts

I had the Agate/Pebble interior in my 991.1 and it was surprisingly easy to keep clean. I put down dark floormats otherwise keeping the Pebble mats clean would have been impossible. I used Griot's interior cleaner and their leather cleaner as needed--two or three times a month. Never saw the blue jean transfer. I think my current black interior is more difficult to keep looking good.
Go for it.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:00 PM
mac10
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts

I just received my 991.2 C4S Graphite Blue with Blue Chalk interior and the combination is absolutely beautiful(and were designed by Porsche to be paired together).

As a detailer(and owner of a RS5 with similar colored seats) the lighter colors are tougher to stain than you think and when that does happen any reputable leather cleaner(then use conditioner) will bring them back to perfect.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:12 PM
NOSUB2T
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sctanton52
Here is a couple of pics of my Graphite Blue/Chalk interior. I added in the vent slats and steering wheel casing in leather. The only deviating colour stiching is on the Graphite Blue, the Chalk is all stitched in a like colour thread. I thought with a two tone interior deviating stitching on the Chalk portions would end up looking too busy. I did the Mahogany trim, as I am an old time sailer dude and I still like wood.
Man that wood is absolutely beautiful. As is your car! Great taste!

Quick Reply: Graphite Blue / Chalk Interior