Any one dealt with Ravspec ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 05:51 PM
Sayyaaf
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Any one dealt with Ravspec ?

So the story is as the following:

I purchased a set of wheels from RavSpec back in Sep 1st. I have emailed them before purchase if it was possible to have the wheels powdercoated in Silver instead of the standard black color. Once they confirmed possible. I paid the full amount + shipping. They said it would take 6 weeks to powder coat which I accepted as they said that it will be challenging as those Advan wheels come with lazer etching.

1 Month later: They failed to paint them. After lack of updates and when they sent me a pic of the wheel still in black after 2 months. I requested refund. They couldn't paint the wheel the way I wanted so I requested a refund. Was that difficult ?

I requested refund back in Nov (1st of Nov) and they only refunded half 3700$ out of 5700$. That was painful week after week reminders.

Now for the remaining 2K$ , they just stopped responding ? what kind of business is that ?

The sales guy was telling me that he is fighting for 100% refund since the company's policy is 15% deduction if customer cancelled! WTF? I didn't cancel out of nowhere? I cancelled because you failed to deliver !

I finally got fed up with their lack of response and ****ty excuses. So I filed a refund with my bank.

Long story short, beware of those clowns. I had to learn the hard way always read reviews and other customer's experience with a shop.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:07 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Wheels....the quagmire. Hope you get made whole.
Old 12-31-2016, 05:44 PM
garyever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sayyaaf
So the story is as the following:

I purchased a set of wheels from RavSpec back in Sep 1st. I have emailed them before purchase if it was possible to have the wheels powdercoated in Silver instead of the standard black color. Once they confirmed possible. I paid the full amount + shipping. They said it would take 6 weeks to powder coat which I accepted as they said that it will be challenging as those Advan wheels come with lazer etching.

1 Month later: They failed to paint them. After lack of updates and when they sent me a pic of the wheel still in black after 2 months. I requested refund. They couldn't paint the wheel the way I wanted so I requested a refund. Was that difficult ?

I requested refund back in Nov (1st of Nov) and they only refunded half 3700$ out of 5700$. That was painful week after week reminders.

Now for the remaining 2K$ , they just stopped responding ? what kind of business is that ?

The sales guy was telling me that he is fighting for 100% refund since the company's policy is 15% deduction if customer cancelled! WTF? I didn't cancel out of nowhere? I cancelled because you failed to deliver !

I finally got fed up with their lack of response and ****ty excuses. So I filed a refund with my bank.

Long story short, beware of those clowns. I had to learn the hard way always read reviews and other customer's experience with a shop.

Did you ever get all of your money back? If not, you may have some options here.
Old 12-31-2016, 06:22 PM
Sayyaaf
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Not yet gary. I emailed them last week after filing a dispute. I gave them options, the guy literally directed me to continue the dispute process.
Old 12-31-2016, 08:34 PM
garyever
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your story is the same old story I see in every one of these complaints and usually the manufacturer or sales guy (that is trying not to lose his commission) or both are violating all the consumer protections acts knowing that most consumers won't take them on. Filing a complaint with the State of Tx Attorney General ( https://texasattorneygeneral.gov/cpd...mer-protection ) is a good place to start, but they usually won't file a suit for you, and just try to mediate the other parties's to give you the money back and will explain the rights they think you have, which are many, but your paper work may have compromised some of them. To file with them you should be certain what rights you may have signed away on the purchase contract, what conditions of the sale they have nailed you with legal or illegal under Tx law in that document, and a copy of the their return policy and warranty. If you don't have those, email and demand they provide them--CPA requires they provide them. Read everything and attach it to the AG complaint, but try to have a good understanding of what position the physical evidence has put you in at the time you rejected the sale. You can google Texas Consumer protection Act or look on the Att General site for links that will educate you. Unless you threaten them, at this point you have little chance of getting anywhere with this. I am not an attorney, so cannot legally advise you of anything, just point out where to educate yourself.

PS-- look at Rennlist ---"Race Tech owes me $5000" to see the battles going there.

Quick Reply: Any one dealt with Ravspec ?