Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sapphire blue with red & black interior??? Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 01:01 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
By the way, who decides the "next trend"??

Someone comes up with something and the others jump on board? Must be more of a collaborative thing among top designers and trickles down??
Don't want to hijack the thread but - it begins with fabric designers in Europe who craft the most amazing textiles / patters / colors / jacquards. The designers (like myself) then see the fabrics and select what we want to put in our collections. We sketch out what we think wlmen will want to wear based on the current market, and other trends. And so on and so forth
Old 10-27-2016, 06:07 PM
Simonl72
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 35 Posts

Bradley Scott, when do you think you will see yours? Would love to see pics before making my decision.

The more I think about it, the more I want the sapphire - red black combo. What wheels did you go for?
Old 10-27-2016, 06:30 PM
Jeffdehr
Rennlist Member

Simonl72 -
Go for it! It's a great color combo....regardless of all the naysayers!

Long live Superman!
Old 10-27-2016, 07:09 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by Simonl72
Bradley Scott, when do you think you will see yours? Would love to see pics before making my decision.

The more I think about it, the more I want the sapphire - red black combo. What wheels did you go for?
I just spoke with the dealer. next Tuesday or Wednesday . I'll take him resolution shots for you to see if a variety of lights . it's a good idea to wait to see before buying if you are unsure.

I went with the 2nd option on the configurator. not sure what they're called off the top of my head. they're 1540$
Old 10-27-2016, 07:31 PM
Caoticvet
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love the combo. I have a 991.1 rhodium silver with natural carrera red interior and have considered getting it wrapped in some shade of blue.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:56 AM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Caoticvet
Love the combo. I have a 991.1 rhodium silver with natural carrera red interior and have considered getting it wrapped in some shade of blue.
The red currently available is Bordeaux, which is burgundy and does not go with Saphire blue. Do not believe the internet agitators, this combo is tacky and if you choose it you are colourblind or have poor taste.
Old 10-28-2016, 07:49 AM
pro1200
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 35 Posts

I'll throw another 911 owner's perspective here. I have a '07 CS in Midnight Blue over a Sea Blue interior. I doubt there is another like it but it spoke to me because I ordered a Camaro way back in the 80's with the same combination. What I don't like is two tone interiors and splashes of deviated color all over the place. Picking the colors for a car is a far more critical decision than for clothing. That said-whoever started putting red with blue, of any shade, is probably going to regret it someday.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:38 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
I agree. I'm not understanding how people can say these cars are not classy. Do those with this opinion find this to be a vulgar choice?
Well, in the actual traditional meaning of vulgar, meaning "common", no. Not common at all.

As to the current meaning? Is there a Plead the 5th smilie?
Old 10-28-2016, 10:45 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by KenTO
The red currently available is Bordeaux, which is burgundy and does not go with Saphire blue. Do not believe the internet agitators, this combo is tacky and if you choose it you are colourblind or have poor taste.
With all due respect, I don't pick arguments on these forums - but have you seen the Bordeaux red in person? Love it or hate it (the color of the combo) - it is most certainly not Burgundy. On the contrary, it is much more Cherry in tone and value.

Ironic that you level the label of colorblind upon others while making this statement.

Old 10-28-2016, 11:46 AM
KenTO
Burning Brakes

Received 522 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott
With all due respect, I don't pick arguments on these forums - but have you seen the Bordeaux red in person? Love it or hate it (the color of the combo) - it is most certainly not Burgundy. On the contrary, it is much more Cherry in tone and value.

Ironic that you level the label of colorblind upon others while making this statement.

I see the Bordeaux in person every day in my Bordeaux-Black / GT Silver Targa, and I don't care for your attention, and I stand by my assertion that Bordeaux with Sapphire Blue looks ridiculous, perhaps only outdone by Bordeaux and Yellow exterior.
Old 10-28-2016, 11:56 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

I saw the black over bordeaux leather interior last night at the Octoberfest at my dealership. It is a beautiful interior and wish I had ordered it on mine. Next car....

But as far as color combinations, we can say that it's similar to something tasting good to you but not to another. Perhaps how one perceives and processes colors is an individual experience, and we cannot know what somebody else sees or what is pleasing.
Old 10-28-2016, 12:15 PM
Montanam
5th Gear

Default interior color

I agree with White Rock, go with the Black
Old 10-28-2016, 02:28 PM
babyjocko
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
But as far as color combinations, we can say that it's similar to something tasting good to you but not to another. Perhaps how one perceives and processes colors is an individual experience, and we cannot know what somebody else sees or what is pleasing.
Sure, it's subjective -- everything is. However, the human brain commonly perceives things by design. Although there are exceptions to the rule, there are musical chords that human perceive to be pleasant. OTOH, most cats may not give a sh*t. Color combinations are to the eye as harmonic chords are to the ear. There are frequencies that combine in harmony and others that clash or collide. Although most dogs won't give a sh*t, most humans do.

This red and blue color combination collides. There is no harmony. Perhaps OK for a flag, but most humans would not wear it. For those who find this color combination acceptable, they are the exception to the rule. Or, color blind, or perhaps something is not right within the brain? It really does not work together. In fact, most car manufacturers would not even allow such a combination. Porsche, allows any combination you want. And, I'm sure they've have horror stories to tell.
Old 10-28-2016, 02:44 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by babyjocko
This red and blue color combination collides. There is no harmony. Perhaps OK for a flag, but most humans would not wear it. For those who find this color combination acceptable, they are the exception to the rule. Or, color blind, or perhaps something is not right within the brain? It really does not work together.
Get personal much?

And yet.....
https://www.google.com/search?q=Blue...HZQoCY4QsAQIIw
Old 10-28-2016, 02:49 PM
babyjocko
Instructor

Not personal at all. It's scientific.

Your link shows people wearing the flag, nothing other than that. As I said, if you think it's OK, fine for you. Consensus says otherwise.

Quick Reply: Sapphire blue with red & black interior??? Help!!!