Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sapphire blue with red & black interior??? Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 02:38 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Definitely polarizing combo. As others have said, will look good, but don't expect high resale if you are selling it.

Lease it?
Old 10-25-2016, 03:15 PM
blackbull
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Did you consider Blue/chalk with deviated silver stitching? Or as above, black with $thousands in deviated red stitching (don't forget steering column casing in leather with deviated stitching - goes well with the top of the dash)
I think the black/Bordeaux would be tough with a bright blue.
I wanted to do the same interior with Graphite, but it just doesn't look right too me, so I'm sticking with basic black.
Starting from the interior out, I could see white, blacks, agate, GT Silver and maybe midnight blue. But that's me - it's you're $$$.
Sapphire Blue exterior with Grapphite Blue / Chaulk interior is the way to go imho.
Silver gray belts, white dials.....yeah
Old 10-25-2016, 03:16 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

You can always put this on the hood!

And maybe even on the doors!

Old 10-25-2016, 03:33 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Do it. I ordered the coward's black interior and I regretted it after seeing Jeffdehr's car. The red and black interior is wild and it works.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:46 PM
AlpinaB3
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just another suggestion on interior leather combos. I have just taken delivery of a S4 in Sapphire blue, however I went with Graphite blue leather with Carbon trim and standard elements in black. Choosing not to have a sunroof and thought the blank leather would be too dark.

I did really liked the two tone Graphite blue / Crayon two-tone leather interior but thought it too impractical and the off white will look dirty very quickly.

Last edited by AlpinaB3; 10-27-2016 at 05:08 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:37 PM
Simonl72
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 35 Posts

AlpinaB3....That looks really nice, had not considered the blue interior. I could go for the lighter combo as only a low mileage weekend car. Not seen a Sapphire blue in the flesh either yet. Your not near the midlands are you?

Simon
Old 10-25-2016, 04:43 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

No thanks.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:44 PM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel your pain. I was in the same boat, but ultimately my favorite interior (Bordeaux/black) won out over my favorite exterior (sapphire). I just couldn't pull it off everyday. My car gets plenty of attention as it is.

Here's my thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9413...sasterous.html
Old 10-25-2016, 05:10 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 71 Posts

Looks like a risky scheme to me. As others have said, it's personal preference. I do like the Black / Bordeaux very much, debated and pondered for a long time before build froze. Feel very good about it, but it's going into a Turbo with metallic white exterior -- thought that was a classic combo -- also the featured combo in the New 911 Turbo book. Should take delivery this week. The Namby Pamby's tried to talk me out of the Black / Bordeaux, but I think it's a real winner that will add some class to the 911--after all it is a Sports Car. There are posts here from some that regret foregoing the Black / Bordeaux. These cars are not cheap, and you want to really love it for some time to come -- choose carefully.

Last edited by philg3; 10-25-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:29 PM
Zetta
Racer

Received 304 Likes on 100 Posts

@ AlpinaB3

The Sapphire Blue looks amazing
Old 10-25-2016, 05:42 PM
mmaturo
Racer

I'm one of the abnormal people I guess that like it enough I would do what makes me happy if I ordered new. If I did my Porsche would have red/black (not all red...it is too much). Not optimal with blue (classic is of course silver/gray or white) but I can tell you that if when I bought my car used and yours set up that way popped up at the exact same time near the same price I would have rather bought the blue with the red/black. If I didn't get the deal on the white one I bought I was headed from Vero to North Miami to buy one of two blue cars, and one of those had a great contrasting interior. Do not do red belts though. I think the extended leather black dash with the red seats and door inserts would look fine. Maybe the chrono gauge face red (not all of them) and then red calipers. At Amelia Island this year I think I drove a new 911.2 Porsche had there with blue dash but the light gray/silver seats and it did look awesome.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:02 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

I beg everyones' pardon. My Sapphire over Black Red is at the Port in Rhode Island. I can assure you - the color is beautiful

Old 10-25-2016, 08:04 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeffdehr
I'm the creator of Superman and I love it!
I am your protoge'
Old 10-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by blackbull
Sapphire Blue exterior with Grapphite Blue / Chaulk interior is the way to go imho.
Silver gray belts, white dials.....yeah
My qualifications for this post are that I am a clothing designer and color is my speciality.
Reference my facebook page. Lots of color...
www.facebook.com/thebradleyscott

Sapphire Blue does not match Graphite Blue / Chalk by any means. It is a complete eye jarring mismatch.

Graphite Blue / Chalk goes with Graphite Blue Metallic Paint. You can't have two different blues in the same car.

Would be like wearing denim jeans from one brand and a denim jacket from another where the colors don't add up at all.

Just my humble color opinion.

Sapphire Blue and Night Blue in my opinion go back to Red/Black very nicely.

Many nautical lines from Spring Collection designers have These colors incorporated. They tend to look rather waspy - Tommy Hilfiger, Polo RL, etc.

Reference:
Old 10-25-2016, 08:15 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

^^^ Tommy, Polo, the 80's making a comeback? Ralph and Hairy Hilfiger.

Nautical theme? Amazing how these trends get so recycled. They run out of ideas, and go back 20-30yrs to find something new. Oh yeah, Docksiders are the rage again. Might be good for the Hamptons.

Fashion has become such a joke these days. Oh yeah, then there's Kayne

My thoughts. Less is more. Classics never get trendy.

Quick Reply: Sapphire blue with red & black interior??? Help!!!