Retrofit ducktail 991

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 01:30 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 154 Likes on 83 Posts

The .2 wing from what we've been told will not fit on the .1 cars. It's wide and doesn't line up the same way.

Originally Posted by -Ryan-
Are you working on getting this spoiler?

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 10-20-2016, 02:22 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
the 991.2 "aerokit" is not yet available from Porsche, until you can spec it on the configurator, it wont be available as a part/kit from P-dealers parts depts
I thought you could select it on the Canadian Porsche site. Maybe they could import some from there.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:45 AM
joafog
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a convertible!
Got this information from Porsche Sweden.
See 97093140
Old 10-21-2016, 10:28 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

Thank you.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:51 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by joafog
I have a convertible!
Got this information from Porsche Sweden.
See 97093140
Can you post the upper-part of that document for reference? Doc number, header, etc.? I'd like to locate it in TSI.

Thanks!
Old 10-21-2016, 10:59 AM
joafog
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I don't have that. It sais SportDesign package (I-no. XAT)

Joacim
The following users liked this post:
Jbaas (08-22-2019)
Old 10-21-2016, 11:42 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by joafog
Sorry, I don't have that. It sais SportDesign package (I-no. XAT)

Joacim
Ahh. Ok. Thank you. I thought you had the retrofit document specific to the 991.2 Sport Design Kit. But that image you show ^^above^^ is the "old" 991.1 Sport Design Kit retrofitting manual. Those two entries are the labor codes. I was hoping what you had was something specific to the new 991.2 kit and specifically the rear aero parts.

Cheers
Old 10-21-2016, 02:44 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must say I would like a .2 for the turbo lower end torque for my driving style but I love my duck. I did the add removing the old one and bought it from Sunset, had it painted at a Porsche authorized shop here in Orlando, had it installed and also installed the required front sport design bumper. The recoding or more correctly the switch out of the module that comes with the duck kit I had done at the dealer. Boby shop would not do it. The sunroof will not work until you do it and you get a spoiler/alert warning on the dash every time you hit 70. I don't think it was mentioned here but if you do the duck on a .1 you also need the sport design front bumper to keep the front end down. Glad I did both as honestly the car is more planted. Stock I thought the car was floaty with the front end lighter than I would like at high speed.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:47 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

So in order to install the control unit for the sunroof the headliner has to be disassembled? I wonder how many hours of labor that is.
Old 10-21-2016, 02:55 PM
mmaturo
Racer

So in order to install the control unit for the sunroof the headliner has to be disassembled? I wonder how many hours of labor that is.
I don't think it was that difficult for the dealer to do it. Not sure I have the receipt still to find it. Body shop would not do it. I don't remember it costing that much...it didn't shock me anyway like everything else I have done at the dealer...say any regular service or ask them to do the windshield wipers to get a good horrifying laugh.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:10 PM
-Ryan-
Pro

Originally Posted by mmaturo
I don't think it was that difficult for the dealer to do it. Not sure I have the receipt still to find it. Body shop would not do it. I don't remember it costing that much...it didn't shock me anyway like everything else I have done at the dealer...say any regular service or ask them to do the windshield wipers to get a good horrifying laugh.
OK thanks. Good to hear.
Old 10-21-2016, 03:38 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 123 Posts

I must say I would like a .2 for the turbo lower end torque for my driving style but I love my duck. I did the add removing the old one and bought it from Sunset, had it painted at a Porsche authorized shop here in Orlando, had it installed and also installed the required front sport design bumper. The recoding or more correctly the switch out of the module that comes with the duck kit I had done at the dealer. Boby shop would not do it. The sunroof will not work until you do it and you get a spoiler/alert warning on the dash every time you hit 70. I don't think it was mentioned here but if you do the duck on a .1 you also need the sport design front bumper to keep the front end down. Glad I did both as honestly the car is more planted. Stock I thought the car was floaty with the front end lighter than I would like at high speed.
Love your Cadillac, MMaturo. I'm more a boxy Caddy guy (I've had a 68 DeVille convertible since 2007), but that Biarritz sure looks to be in great condition! Well done.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:16 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Love your Cadillac, MMaturo. I'm more a boxy Caddy guy (I've had a 68 DeVille convertible since 2007), but that Biarritz sure looks to be in great condition! Well done.
Thanks! Nothing like rolling down the road in one of these barges you and I have. I like all the caddys from the 50s up to the 70s. I always wanted a 59 or 60 (which ever popped up first once I finally had the means) since I was a kid. Where I grew up in Gainesville FL there was a vacuum store that had/has two 59 coupes strapped to the ground out front and I just loved the fins. My wife knew I was buying the one I have (at Mecum) when the guy representing the seller told me the red was actually an old Audi/VW color that the owner liked better than regular caddy red...with my strong love of Audis she just shook her head and walked away.

The bodywork and most of the interior was done when I bought it at auction but nothing else really worked so it spent two summers getting additional literally complete electrical, complete brakes back to 60 drums from earlier incorrect drums, modern alternator, seals overhaul, instrument cluster and more to get it looking and running complete. Needs a new top now but that will be on the list for next summer's shop visit.
Old 10-22-2016, 12:15 AM
mmaturo
Racer

I found my receipts from my full duck install. Turns out my memory was off but after seeing the receipts I remember what I did. The body shop pulled the headliner and installed the module that came with the duck kit. The dealer told me to do it that way since the body shop labor rate is way cheaper. So at the body shop it was 5.0 labor units at $44.00ea. So over a couple hundred. The body shop however would not reprogram the module/car to have it work right. I had taken the car in to the dealer a week later for its 10K service and they just threw in the reprogram no charge. Hence my memory it didn't cost much.
Old 10-22-2016, 02:04 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 123 Posts

Thanks! Nothing like rolling down the road in one of these barges you and I have. I like all the caddys from the 50s up to the 70s. I always wanted a 59 or 60 (which ever popped up first once I finally had the means) since I was a kid. Where I grew up in Gainesville FL there was a vacuum store that had/has two 59 coupes strapped to the ground out front and I just loved the fins. My wife knew I was buying the one I have (at Mecum) when the guy representing the seller told me the red was actually an old Audi/VW color that the owner liked better than regular caddy red...with my strong love of Audis she just shook her head and walked away.

The bodywork and most of the interior was done when I bought it at auction but nothing else really worked so it spent two summers getting additional literally complete electrical, complete brakes back to 60 drums from earlier incorrect drums, modern alternator, seals overhaul, instrument cluster and more to get it looking and running complete. Needs a new top now but that will be on the list for next summer's shop visit.
Cool story! I bought mine off eBay in 2007, in Mississippi. It was running well but needed work, of course. 500 mile drive home, and 60 miles away from home it punched a con rod through the side of the block. . It was tough to source a rebuilt 472 anywhere, but finally found one and had it put in. Did a lot of the cosmetics myself.

Fun, fun cruiser. The Anti-Porsche.

Quick Reply: Retrofit ducktail 991