Sponsored by:

Atlanta PEC Delivery #89

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 06:05 PM
JawJuh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TAL2GK
Yes you have to provide transportation back home, wherever that is. In my case, I drove it home. So yes, you do it all at PEC and don't need to go back to your home dealer if you don't want to. In my case I did so that they could complete my DMV paperwork but that could've been done via mail or by yourself if you purchased from an out of state dealer. I almost went that route because I initially got a much better deal from an out of state dealer.

How long did you have to wait from ship landing in Jacksonville and scheduling a pickup at PEC? I was told 6-8 weeks delay, and that's what is keeping me away from PEC.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:37 PM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My delay wasn't very long. You may schedule PEC 6 weeks out but they'll reach out to you as soon as the car is on the boat. So it'll take some time on the boat and at port regardless of where you'll pick it up.

My PEC delivery was only 2 weeks later than my delivery would've been at my dealer. It was worth it to me.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:58 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 350 Likes on 208 Posts

What a beautiful car and wonderful post. I'm scheduled for delivery in mid to late June and this is really helpful. I'm hoping for a morning delivery- I would not be happy at all with two hour lunch!
Old 03-08-2017, 10:36 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 954 Likes on 568 Posts

I just had my PEC Atlanta delivery today, and will post more details soon.

I agree with suggestions about changing the time allocations, with more for driving (always!), less on the tour (but with free time for the museum and shop).

But given that European delivery was not possible for me this year, the Atlanta experience was much more than a reasonable substitute. Still a very special event to kick off ownership, and I would recommend it to everyone.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:39 PM
dloines
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, i'm going there next month. Nice car, and now you can drive longer than 60 or 90 minutes......
Old 03-10-2017, 10:39 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Going to PEC tomorrow for track time and simulator. Decided not to tie it to cars arrival as it seemed to be weeks and weeks of delay versus picking up at your dealer. I've waited far too long for this moment, don't think I could make it even a few more weeks!

A bit disappointing you have to pay out of pocket for the same experience you would have received for free if you take delivery at the same time, but will be well worth it to drive a similar car on a track (especially as this is my first P car)

My car was just unloaded at Jacksonville earlier in the week, hoping to take delivery next week!

Quick Reply: Atlanta PEC Delivery #89