Sponsored by:

PSE with AWE Switchpath

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 08:29 PM
RRC991
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSE with AWE Switchpath

Long time lurker here. Finally decided to sign up to thank all who contribute to this forum.

I just got my PSE/AWE Switchpath installed at a local independent shop, House Automotive in Pasadena. WOW, I should have done this from the start. This is how the car should have sounded from the factory. I seen a few post were folks weren't able to have the dealership reprogram the PSE button position to the center rather than last. It's possible! Small detail but it made my day.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:14 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 388 Posts

Congrats...I almost went with AWE but ended up going with PSE retrofit plus an Akrapovic TI system. Have heard the posts on switch positioning on the center console with retrofit from others. IMHO PSE Switch position is not a factor for me. Maybe for the super **** retentive folks or OCD types but having the button is enough..oh and the proper exhaust to go with it! Congrats! Enjoy!
Attached Images  
Old 09-22-2016, 09:47 PM
daberlin
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Proper 'factory' location

Congrats on the upgrade, couldn't agree more on the sound I've also visited House a few times with my old 997.2 and I like them.

Curious about your comment though on PSE button placement. Is there an official 'factory' position for the PSE button that you were aiming for? Reason I ask is I purchased the full PSE kit from the Dealer and the entire center switch panel is replaced not just the one button and interestedly the PSE button is top right on my panel.

Regardless, enjoy the sound.

Originally Posted by RRC991
Long time lurker here. Finally decided to sign up to thank all who contribute to this forum.

I just got my PSE/AWE Switchpath installed at a local independent shop, House Automotive in Pasadena. WOW, I should have done this from the start. This is how the car should have sounded from the factory. I seen a few post were folks weren't able to have the dealership reprogram the PSE button position to the center rather than last. It's possible! Small detail but it made my day.
Old 09-23-2016, 12:39 AM
bright_medal
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats! Did you upgrade your non-PSE car to PSE with the AWE Switchpath? If you don't mind my asking, how much did the whole setup cost? I'm also in Pasadena, and curious what it would cost to get this done at House.

Last edited by bright_medal; 09-23-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:30 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats!

FYI to all the LA folk, I also had my AWE SwitchPath done at House in Pasadena. They're very reasonable when it comes to pricing, but what won me over was their quality, cleanliness, and (most importantly) their attention to detail. Their staff/workers pay attention to the smallest details and are more obsessed about exhaust alignment and symmetry than any other shop I've been to.

Sounds like we have a lot of LA folk. We should do a drive sometime.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:48 PM
daberlin
Racer

Default Porsche Marquis Day at SCS October 2

Originally Posted by Cristophosphorus
Congrats!

FYI to all the LA folk, I also had my AWE SwitchPath done at House in Pasadena. They're very reasonable when it comes to pricing, but what won me over was their quality, cleanliness, and (most importantly) their attention to detail. Their staff/workers pay attention to the smallest details and are more obsessed about exhaust alignment and symmetry than any other shop I've been to.

Sounds like we have a lot of LA folk. We should do a drive sometime.
I agree. How about a Malibu Canyon Run after Super Car Sunday on 23 October. It's Porsche Marque Day. Better arrive early :-)
Old 10-03-2016, 09:27 PM
RRC991
6th Gear

Originally Posted by bright_medal
Congrats! Did you upgrade your non-PSE car to PSE with the AWE Switchpath? If you don't mind my asking, how much did the whole setup cost? I'm also in Pasadena, and curious what it would cost to get this done at House.

I have a non-pse S. From the info on the forums the tubes are there, just not long enough. Seems to be a fairly simple DIY if you had access to a lift. Even in that scenario I don't trust myself enough to take this on.

I've been going to them for a couple of years and I know they were significantly less than what was quoted at porsche DTLA. I don't have the exact breakdown since I had a few other things done to my wife's car as well and them packaged it all together.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:31 PM
RRC991
6th Gear

Originally Posted by bright_medal
Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Congrats...I almost went with AWE but ended up going with PSE retrofit plus an Akrapovic TI system. Have heard the posts on switch positioning on the center console with retrofit from others. IMHO PSE Switch position is not a factor for me. Maybe for the super **** retentive folks or OCD types but having the button is enough..oh and the proper exhaust to go with it! Congrats! Enjoy!
Thanks! LOL. I guess I have OCD tendencies.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:35 PM
daberlin
Racer

Thanks! LOL. I guess I have OCD tendencies.
A P Car owner with OCD tendencies. That's a first.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:07 PM
bittrl1000
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a non-pse S. From the info on the forums the tubes are there, just not long enough. Seems to be a fairly simple DIY if you had access to a lift. Even in that scenario I don't trust myself enough to take this on.

I've been going to them for a couple of years and I know they were significantly less than what was quoted at porsche DTLA. I don't have the exact breakdown since I had a few other things done to my wife's car as well and them packaged it all together.
I did the install myself a few months ago. See post #14 of this thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8190...on-a-991s.html

The non-PSE S exhaust comes with the white plastic tubing that can be reused when installing the PSE. All you have to do is cut it about in half. Instead of needing the long piece of tubing to run all the way from the right side (which is where the change-over valve is) to the left valve on the center muffler, all you need is to run about half the length down to the center of the PSE exhaust, which is where the valves are.

If you decide to do the labor yourself, let me know and I can try to walk you thru it. BTW, I did this install for about $1,400 total.

Quick Reply: PSE with AWE Switchpath