Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint protection in NC

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 09:30 PM
dhud
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used Pete at TVP on over 10 Porsche's. and other makes. Not only is he excellent, he stands behind his work. He is truly an artist. I follow his recommendations every time. He's been in this business a long time.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:19 AM
X2Board
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

Another satisfied TVP customer here! Pete and his guys are the best!!
Old 09-24-2016, 11:26 AM
MinMay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spiderv6
Just considering doing this. What do you mean by high maintenance?
You need to do annual inspection which is another costs

WASHING YOUR CAR AT HOME Ceramic Pro is extremely slick meaning most things will dissolve and be pulled off by Ceramic Pro’s self cleaning effect. Minimizing rubbing (especially with a dry towel) on the coating willensure the best looks and longevity. Dry Bird droppings, bugs and tree sap can be dissolved using alcohol type solvents or mild degrease aka All Purpose Cleaner and then wiped off witha damp microfiber.

WASHING (Recommended to use the two buckets method with Grit Guard)1. For best results wash with recommended soaps & cleaners: Optimum No Rinse or PHneutral (mild) general all purpose cleaner on a bi-weekly basis to avoid excessive contamination build up.2. Avoid washing in direct sunlight to minimize streaking and water spotting.3. Wash from the top down leaving the dirtiest sections for last to avoid cross contamination.4. Use separate soap and sponge/mitt/towel for wheels to prevent cross contamination.

DRYING1. Always dry completely and never leave to “AIR” dry. Tap water contains minerals that may leave deposits creating water spots.2. Only use quality microfiber towels for best results and avoid aggressive wiping, allowing the material to absorb the water.SPOT REMOVAL 1. Never use aggressive products to polish the coating or remove surface contamination.2. Never use excessive force to remove spots.
Old 09-24-2016, 01:44 PM
stevewilm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any special requirements for the clear bra's? Can you wax and , god forbid, run through auto hand wash?
I'm leaning towards having them do it so I won't take delivery if there is a problem. It's $1,800 for front hood, fenders, and mirrors. I don't do much highway driving and there is no snow here, so no sand or salt. It's not my DD, but I may take a road trio every once and a while. Thoughts?
Old 09-24-2016, 04:14 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by stevewilm
Any special requirements for the clear bra's? Can you wax and , god forbid, run through auto hand wash?
I'm leaning towards having them do it so I won't take delivery if there is a problem. It's $1,800 for front hood, fenders, and mirrors. I don't do much highway driving and there is no snow here, so no sand or salt. It's not my DD, but I may take a road trio every once and a while. Thoughts?
I highly recommend removing the OEM shark fin pieces in front of the rear wheels and having the entire quarter panned done. Those hip take a lot of abuse going down the road - a lot more than the factory plastic protects.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:32 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
I highly recommend removing the OEM shark fin pieces in front of the rear wheels and having the entire quarter panned done. Those hip take a lot of abuse going down the road - a lot more than the factory plastic protects.

And the edge of the rear bumper that's exposed in the wheel well. Mine's pretty much destroyed by rocks.

Quick Reply: Paint protection in NC